Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Mo vs. Snap...

Default Let's discuss Mo vs. Snap...

Cause there's no way they'll both make it, and a good chance neither will.

I haven't been keeping up. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each player? Which would you take if you had to take one?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Let's discuss Mo vs. Snap...

It would help to know who "Mo" and "Snap" are.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cause there's no way they'll both make it, and a good chance neither will.
    I haven't been keeping up. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each player? Which would you take if you had to take one?
    that would be the key for me in my discussion....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know much about Snap, but I like Mo. Mo was a good all around player. I didn't think he made to many mistakes and while he was only 2 for 5 from 3, he showed that he can knock them down if need be. He was a decent shooter and found ways to get to the line. I would have liked it better if he would have made more free throw shots, but atleast he could get to the line. He also did a good job of distributing the ball around. He got a fair about of assists for a 2 guard. He should have a camp invite, and there should show whether he can play at the full NBA level or not. I personally think it wouldn't hurt to have him on this team for insurance purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    It would help to know who "Mo" and "Snap" are.
    Snap used to team with Crackle and Pop. Mo was with a different threesome I think.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not enough room on this team for either, I'm afraid.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My impressions of Jimmy 'Snap' Hunter are that he's like Stephen Jackson in the aspect that he's played everywhere. His bio says...

Jimmie Hunter: Following 19 games with the Gary Steelheads, he averaged 17.8 ppg after signing in February, 2005, with Sebastiani Rieti in Italy…with Gary in the CBA, he averaged 20.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg and 3.8 apg…a 2004 CBA All-Star, he averaged 20.3 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 4.2 apg and 2.0 spg in 48 games for the Rockford Lightning…he spent part of the 2002-03 season with the Harlem Globetrotters team that played against U.S. college teams…he turned professional following his sophomore season in which he led Life University in Atlanta to its second consecutive NAIA title…in the championship game of the NAIA tournament, he hit the game-winning shot with 12 seconds left…he earned first team all-NAIA honors and was the NAIA Player of the Year after leading the team in scoring (22.1 ppg), steals (99) and blocked shots (63)…he finished second on the team with 112 assists…he scored 30+ points eight times, including a season-best 39 vs. The Master's College…he played his freshman season at Memphis where he averaged 16.2 ppg in 20 games…he led the team with 17.1 ppg in Conference USA games.
    Snap is a 6'4 combo guard. He's about 180, and I think he's capable of playing both guard positions, but seems to be more of a scorer than a passer.

His first outting was very under par. He played the most minutes off the bench with 23 against Houston, but netted no points, missed all 4 of his shots, including 1 three pointer, 1 assist, 1 rebound, 4 fouls, 3 steals, 2 turnovers.

His second game he was alot more productive in 18 minutes off the bench against the Raptors. He had 12 points, 4 of 9 shooting, 2 of 2 from ft, 2 of 4 from 3, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 1 steal, no turn overs.

His third game, he played in 30 minutes off the bench again against New York. He had 13 points, on 5 of 8 shooting, going 2 for 2 from 3, 1 of 2 from the line, 2 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 fouls, no turn overs, and 1 blocked shot.

His fourt outting, Snap played in 25 minutes, off the bench. He had 17 points on 4 of 13 shooting, 9 of 10 from the line, 0 of 2 from 3, with 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 fouls, no turnovers.

His fifth and final game, Snap got the start, and played 26 minutes. He had 9 points on 4 of 6 shooting, going 1 for 1 from 3, with 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 fouls, no turnovers.

He averaged about 10 points a game, and about 3 assists. And the most important stat is the he only had 2 turnovers in 5 games with an average of over 20 minutes a game. That to me was very telling. He takes pretty good care of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Snap used to team with Crackle and Pop. Mo was with a different threesome I think.

-Bball

OH SNAP!!!

I want Snap to make the team, I like his nickname.

Mel The Abuser
    Snap
    TruWarier
    ???
    Hulk

We need an odd nickname for JO, and we would be all set.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

JO the Jammer, or JO the Jabberer.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    JO the Jammer.

JO Fadeaway

-Bball

EDIT: Fadeaway O'Neal is another possibility

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

How about Baby Face? No? Okay.

Can't hurt to invite them both to camp right? I kinda doubt either will make it, but Mo would probably benefit us most right now...

Does anyone know if Snap can consistently hit the 3?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers
    Can't hurt to invite them both to camp right? I kinda doubt either will make it, but Mo would probably benefit us most right now...

Does anyone know if Snap can consistently hit the 3?
    He did alright. But the most impressive thing is that he only turned the ball over twice in 5 games. He played over 100 minutes with only 2 turnovers, and played very nice D.

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    He did alright. But the most impressive thing is that he only turned the ball over twice in 5 games. He played over 100 minutes with only 2 turnovers, and played very nice D.
    Nice... that is actually really impressive

However, I really think we need a good 3 point shooter though to make up for Reggie's loss...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nice... that is actually really impressive

However, I really think we need a good 3 point shooter though to make up for Reggie's loss...
    He can shoot 3's alright. From what I see, he knows how to find a way to score. Plus, he has an awesome nickname.

I'm gunna go on record and say that we need Jimmy 'Snap' Hunter!

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton

I'm gunna go on record and say that we need Jimmy 'Snap' Hunter!
    I don't know enough about him to say we need him, but I am really rooting for him to make the team.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He led the team in 3 point attempts and makes. He hit 5 of 10. Snap was pretty good. He's stats for someone off the bench just make me go, 'oh Snap!'

Ok, I vote Snap then

Can't hurt to invite them both to camp right?
    If either can play worth a damn, they'll be in a team's camp where they actually have a shot of making the team.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    If either can play worth a damn, they'll be in a team's camp where they actually have a shot of making the team.
    I think Snap has a better shot because he is more of a combo guard. He only turned the ball over twice in his first game, which was a horrible game for him.

In the last 4 games, he averaged 12.8 ppg, 4 apg, 3 rpg, and the most impressive stat was that he had no turnovers, and he averaged about 25 minutes a game. I'm not saying he'll average this if he makes it to the NBA, but an assist to turnover ratio of 4/0 is really good. I think this guy should be given a chance to show if he's the terrific ball handler he appears to be or if it was just the players that were guarding him were terrible defenders.

We should all go to the first preseason game with "WE WANT SNAP" signs.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, we should. Apparently, that did Darko Milicic wonders.

Have we ever signed and kept a summer league player... even when it appeared we had a 'keeper' or had found a diamond in the rough?

I'm not talking about our own draft picks playing in the games. I'm talking about the guys looking to make the league.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Have we ever signed and kept a summer league player... even when it appeared we had a 'keeper' or had found a diamond in the rough?

I'm not talking about our own draft picks playing in the games. I'm talking about the guys looking to make the league.
    Not to my memory... But we've had more quantity than quality for a long time. Even this summer, we really don't have spots open.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

-Bball
    Well, did Edwards play for our summer team last year, or did we just bring him into training camp?

Norm Richardson would be along the same lines, as well.

Both sure helped our team, didn't they?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!