Thread: Dan Burke on The Drive 1260

Default Dan Burke on The Drive 1260

JMV interviewed Burke after today's victory.

Points touched on:

-Harrison-Came in in great shape. Was a lot more patient and very strong. On the many technicals he received: He said many were just overly emphatic dunks, joking "anyone who knows David knows he's never done a chin-up in life."

-Artest-played withing the team framework. Enthusiastic about helping other guys hoping to make teams. Always in great shape.

-Bogut/John Edwards altercation: grew out of Harrisons domination, but apparently Edwards added insult to injury by continuing to score on Bogut as well. Still Burke thought it was a quick hook

-On the rest of the squad, he mentioned Mo Carter and Snap. Said guys played for the win in last game intead of just everyone looking to pad stats. Felt that every player that was in camp got a chance to play a lot and show what they can do.

-Seemed sceptical on Chris Thomas

-On the Subject of Chuck Person: he can still stroke it from the bench area,no problem.

-Asked if film prep was difficult said he absolutely loves it. Carlisle makes it easy with great organizational skills.

On JB: he'll be able to tell when training camp starts who is ready to go and who isn't did say he has been very diligent in his rehabilitation and was showed no signs of adverse symptoms after the one summer league game. But said knowingly, we've shown we can win with many different lineups.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dan Burke on The Drive 1260

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JMV interviewed Burke after today's victory.

Points touched on:

-Harrison-Came in in great shape. Was a lot more patient and very strong. On the many technicals he received: He said many were just overly emphatic dunks, joking "anyone who knows David knows he's never done a chin-up in life."

-Artest-played withing the team framework. Enthusiastic about helping other guys hoping to make teams. Always in great shape.

-Bogut/John Edwards altercation: grew out of Harrisons domination, but apparently Edwards added insult to injury by continuing to score on Bogut as well. Still Burke thought it was a quick hook

-On the rest of the squad he mentioned Mo Carter and Snap. Said guys played for the win in last game intead of just everyone looking to pad stats

-Seemed sceptical on Chris Thomas

-On the Subject of Chuck Person: he can still stroke it from the bench area,no problem.

-Asked if film prep was difficult said he absolutely loves it. Carlisle makes it easy with great organizational skills.

On JB: he'll be able to tell when training camp starts who is ready to go and who isn't did say he has been very diligent in his rehabilitation and was showed no signs of adverse symptoms after the one summer league game. But said knowingly, we've shown we can win with many different lineups.

On HArrison he did say that he's talked with him about the T's hurting the team. Some were frustration not all were just hanging on the rim.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    On HArrison he did say that he's talked with him about the T's hurting the team. Some were frustration not all were just hanging on the rim.
    He did say he had talked to Harrison about curbing his emotons, telling him that he would give the impression to referee's that he was a jerk, even though David's a very nice kid. He was pleased with the intensity and said Summer league gave him a chance to learn how to handle situations better.

Once the season starts, if our biggest concern about Harrison is his propensity for T's, then we'll be in very, very good shape.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Once the season starts, if our biggest concern about Harrison is his propensity for T's, then we'll be in very, very good shape.
    And I think Burke's reasoning was along the lines that for a kid that came in with a reputation for apathy, too much intensity was probably something they would rather see than not enough. I also got the impression that these games were called a lot tighter than regular season games which you would think would be the opposite. The one technical that seemed to warrant strong disapproval was the one where he took his shirt off. A couple were just for having too many fouls that first game and, my God, that was the first time David had played in a loooong time.

foretaz

And I think Burke's reasoning was along the lines that for a kid that came in with a reputation for apathy, too much intensity was probably something they would rather see than not enough. I also got the impression that these games were called a lot tighter than regular season games which you would think would be the opposite. The one technical that seemed to warrant strong disapproval was the one where he took his shirt off. A couple were just for having too many fouls that first game and, my God, that was the first time David had played in a loooong time.

the games have been called incredibly tight....they dont resemble an nba game at all from that standpoint...

actually they dont really resemble an nba game from any standpoint, now that i think about it...

the nba brings in young referees for evaluation at these leagues...and u can tell theyre trying to not miss even one call....there are a lot of calls and the game gets bogged down a lot...

Thought this was interesting. Kinda reminds me of how he always used to back Brewer. Dunno if it means anything, just caught my eye.

IndyToad
    Hasn't played in months

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He say anything about Granger at all? I'm not sure if he's practicing at all but if he has, I'd like to hear his opinion on him.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanInAZ
    He say anything about Granger at all? I'm not sure if he's practicing at all but if he has, I'd like to hear his opinion on him.
    You know I was very interested as well, and unfortunately he did not say anything about that, probably because JMV did not ask him about DG. They mostly focused on what transpired in the game settings, but it would have been nice to know what kind of practice/drills/coaching that Granger was getting, because I believe he was with the team the whole time.