Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More nonsense!

foretaz

Default Re: What player(s) would you take for JO?

a trade that sends jo back to portland for zach randolph-a cheap mans jo....might be interesting....

if u included aj or something similar u could probably even get randolph, ratliff and jarrett jack and a pick....

if u throw tinsley into that scenario u probaby have to send telfair back here...not really sure bout that idea....

incidentally, if the clippers acquire shareef it might make brand a bit more available....

i know brand isnt the player jo is....

and ive stated id much rather keep jo and have he and artest lead this team to titles....but its slow and this is speculation and strictly hypothetical

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to agree with UB. Brand has put up great stats but has yet to play for a winner in the NBA.

To me at pf , I'd only rank Duncan and KG above Jermaine.

Amare Stoudamire is more athletic but still a very weak defender. Amare has the potential to be better but he isn't yet.

Chris Bosh , is still too physically weak , can still be manhandled inside. But he appears to have the potential to improve and will get bigger.

At this point on a contender I'll stick with JO over any pf except Duncan and KG. Ask me the same question in a year or two , may be a far different answer tho.
    well in all fairness to brand....he got drafted by the bulls who were at their all time worst....then traded to the clippers....say it again the clippers....i doubt the fate of either of those teams wouldve been changed much if they had jo instead of brand....

and brand did play for a pretty good 'playoff' team in college...

and not that it really matters....but hes 'buds' with artest

foretaz

foretaz , a couple little notes on cheap - poor mans JO- Zach Randolph. He signed a new 6 year deal totalling $83 million last season.He also had knee surgery last winter.

Another check with anyone in Marion area, for a little background check on Zach Randolph , his being involved in shooting incedent last summer is not his 1st brush with the law.

Plus Zach . plays ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSE, he is also even more of a black whole than JO when he gets the ball on offense.

As for Theo Ratliff , Theo gives you 5 ppg and 5 rpg for the low , low cost of $11,666,000 each of the next 3 years.

I really don't think 22 mil this season and even more the next 3 years is worth that risk.
    im aware of these things....

yes...zach just signed a new deal...but hes still making 6 mill a year less than jo....

zach is not the defender jo is...no question....as stated...there are only 2 players in this league that have similar qualities on both ends...kg and duncan...with brand being just a notch below...

this whole premise is based on taking a slight downgrade at the position while improving the team....and its speculation and talk...thats all...im discussing it ....not necessarily advocating it....

as far as ratliff goes...hes overpriced...like most big men in this league....though i dont think a front line of ratliff, randolph and artest would be the worst thing in the world...not sure its a championship lineup either....

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    If the Pacers were to trade Ron for Peja and J.O for Dirk, my worst nightmare would come true. It would be 1991 all over again. A soft team that cannot play defense.

That won't happen

...ummm yea...i think i would literally puke if they did that....i cant see them under any circumstances trading the both of them....none....

it would only be the very small circumstance that they might trade one of them...

namely the original premise of this thread...jo deciding he simply cannot coexist with ron in a manner that would be conducive to winning a championship....and the pacers for many reasons, not the least of which is the fantastic bargain ron is, decide that ron is completely trustworthy and want to shop JO....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lets see you want Zach Randolph , an undersized pf , who plays no defense and doesn't pass at all. Theo Ratliff a non scoring ,quickly aging player .

I'm sorry Zach Randolph , back ground, questionable knee , questionable work habits. Zach is already 270 lbs on his 6'9 frame with a bad knee , can't see that being a good health risk. He is all of 2 1/2 years younger than Jermaine tho. I'll be intrested to see what kind of shape Randolph is in this season.

I'm guessing its plain to see I'm not a big fan of Zach Randolph , so I may not be seeing it objectively .

Okay lets see Zach and Ratliff make 22.3 mil this year, Jermaine makes 16.4 .

So for your idea to work Pacers need to add a 2nd salary for around 5 mil a year thats Foster. Or Pollard .

Personally I think Portland would jump all over getting Jermaine back with Pollard's expiring contract or Foster for Randolph and Ratliff.

Sorry foretaz , just can't agree on your idea.

foretaz

Lets see you want Zach Randolph , an undersized pf , who plays no defense and doesn't pass at all. Theo Ratliff a non scoring ,quickly aging player .

I'm sorry Zach Randolph , back ground, questionable knee , questionable work habits. Zach is already 270 lbs on his 6'9 frame with a bad knee , can't see that being a good health risk. He is all of 2 1/2 years younger than Jermaine tho. I'll be intrested to see what kind of shape Randolph is in this season.

I'm guessing its plain to see I'm not a big fan of Zach Randolph , so I may not be seeing it objectively .

Okay lets see Zach and Ratliff make 22.3 mil this year, Jermaine makes 16.4 .

So for your idea to work Pacers need to add a 2nd salary for around 5 mil a year thats Foster. Or Pollard .

Personally I think Portland would jump all over getting Jermaine back with Pollard's expiring contract or Foster for Randolph and Ratliff.

Sorry foretaz , just can't agree on your idea.
    you know...im trying really hard not to argue with u....

this is supposed to be a hypothetical discussion....

i think i made it pretty clear that i wouldnt necessarily like this....now didnt i? these types of discussions are interesting...nothing more nothing less...

and for the record...a 5 million dollar salary wouldnt have to be included....

aj would be enuff to make it work....

if ur going to be so argumentative, maybe u should have ur facts straight....

nevertheless....that wasnt the idea....

maybe take all that energy you seem to be utilizing to bash an idea and try to create additional scenarios, instead of doing what is very easy and requires very little brain power-finding whats wrong with something....

its a long known fact...if u want to find something wrong with something, it wont be hard...

so get with the program, and what the intention was....

the fun part of these hypothetical discussions is u come up with a bunch of scenarios and then determine which ones u like best and why....

now...can u play nice???

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    -snip-
    maybe take all that energy you seem to be utilizing to bash an idea and try to create additional scenarios, instead of doing what is very easy and requires very little brain power-finding whats wrong with something....

its a long known fact...if u want to find something wrong with something, it wont be hard...

so get with the program, and what the intention was....

the fun part of these hypothetical discussions is u come up with a bunch of scenarios and then determine which ones u like best and why....

now...can u play nice???
    Was that necessary?

You do realize that you're just about the only one on here setting "rules" for threads and other posters, by the way?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Was that necessary?

You do realize that you're just about the only one on here setting "rules" for threads and other posters, by the way?
    maybe u should reread the title of the thread....

maybe u should reread the title of the thread....
    I can read. What's your point?

Mood

foretaz , all I'm doing is being the opposing voice .

I said I'd not deal JO for any power forwards except Duncan and Garnett. At this time , but I also said in a years time than could change.

I prefer what I consider quality over quanity.

Personally I'd rather deal Artest and Pollard for Shawn Marion , if it came down to choosing JO or Artest as you suggested.

foretaz

foretaz , all I'm doing is being the opposing voice .

I said I'd not deal JO for any power forwards except Duncan and Garnett. At this time , but I also said in a years time than could change.

I prefer what I consider quality over quanity.

Personally I'd rather deal Artest and Pollard for Shawn Marion , if it came down to choosing JO or Artest as you suggested.
    thats all fine and well.....but the initial thread has nothing to do with what ur doing...

the initial post in this thread said besides the obvious kg and duncan trades...

and ur not the opposing voice...as i clearly stated, i never said i would be in favor of any of these ideas....theyre just ideas based on the parameters of the initial post in the thread....

if u take a look at this post u just made and then look at the initial post, u will find they are in direct conflict with one another...

all i was doing was trying to provide input based on the initial post....seriously...reread the initial post...it almost seems like u never read it

DD00 was talking about basketball. Heck, he was talking about a player he wouldn't take for JO. Seems to me that (1) he was on topic, and (2) even if he wasn't totally on-topic, we go on tangents all the time around here and that's fine.

You can feel free to stop telling other people how to post at any time.

foretaz

DD00 was talking about basketball. Heck, he was talking about a player he wouldn't take for JO. Seems to me that (1) he was on topic, and (2) even if he wasn't totally on-topic, we go on tangents all the time around here and that's fine.

You can feel free to stop telling other people how to post at any time.

:finger:

what he was doing was incorrectly telling me what i wanted....u may know how to read but its clear u havent done so in this thread...

ive made it abundantly clear i would not be in favor of trading jo....with the exception being trading him for kg....

but the initial post-the start of this thread asked about what players we might consider in trading jo for that DONT INCLUDE KG, DUNCAN OR SHAQ.....it also didnt ask about the validity of trading jo.....

THAT WAS THE PREMISE.... therefore, using that premise, i participated in the discussion, while alluding to the fact from time to time, that i didnt advocate or favor such things.....

only to have people tell me if thats what i want, they disagree....

too funny....

then when i point out i wasnt in favor of that and wasnt saying thats what i wanted, that i was following the discussion parameter i get the same thing again....

at which point i suggested arguing with me with a different set of parameters seems a bit ridiculous and maybe the discussion should be more focused on the actual parameters...

now if someone doesnt like those parameters and wants to argue just for the sake of argument, then so be it...im not interested....

the topic of the thread, no matter the validity, was a topic i could converse in...and since its slow..i did....

if someone doesnt like the parameters...so be it....just dont expect to take issue with me and not get some sort of rebuttal...after all i didnt start the thread...i was just contributing....

if someone wants to start another thread disputing the validity of these parameters, i d probably take part in that one too....but there was a thread that kinda dabbled in that, hence i think thats where this thread came from....some people think its good to try and keep threads somewhat on topic...i have no problem with that....others seem intent on taking threads off topic when they dont like the premise....so be it, i guess....

Mood

Foretaz- I read the title. My comments told you NO PLAYER at PF would I take beyond Tim and Kevin.

Then told you why I didn't want Randolph , then said push comes to shove deal Artest not Jermaine.

I thought fact I pointed out why I didn't want Brand , Stoudamire ,Nowizki and Bosh at this time was pretty clear too.

Just because I don't want to trade JO for what I consider lesser players , is just my side of the discussion.

As I said YES I READ THE HEADING.

foretaz

Foretaz- I read the title. My comments told you NO PLAYER at PF would I take beyond Tim and Kevin.

Then told you why I didn't want Randolph , then said push comes to shove deal Artest not Jermaine.

I thought fact I pointed out why I didn't want Brand , Stoudamire ,Nowizki and Bosh at this time was pretty clear too.

Just because I don't want to trade JO for what I consider lesser players , is just my side of the discussion.

As I said YES I READ THE HEADING.
    and as ive said like twenty times....not once did i ever say i wanted any of these things...not once...in fact, as ive said...id only want to trade jo for kg...but reread the initial post in this thread...everything that u say here is basically moot...

i have no trouble with someone playing devils advocate....only one problem....i wasnt advocating anything...and i stated that numerous times....

seriously ....READ THE INITIAL POST

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I didn't realize we had annointed another new moderator.

Congrats!
    I'm not even sure he was annointed "moderator". Seems to me he thinks he's "king" or something.

woman without a team

I'm not even sure he was annointed "moderator". Seems to me he thinks he's "king" or something.
    Might I suggest King of the Ignore List.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by grace

lol...i know btown and jays beef.....whats urs?

Quote Originally Posted by grace

lol...i know btown and jays beef.....whats urs?
    Your poor attitude, likely.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Your poor attitude, likely.
    interesting....funny how i was thinking the poor attitudes lay somewhere else....

i guess people with great attitudes often insert negative comments and the like in conversations that in no way involve them...

funny thing is....i have no beef with dd00....we have had numerous discussions and i respect his point of view...just think, in this case, he was misunderstanding what was going on....i thought i had made it abundantly clear, i wasnt necessarily in favor of any of these ideas, but only throwing them out there based on the initial thread in the post that asked about the best players from other teams besides kg, duncan, and shaq....

now the others...specifically a certain two.....have a bit of an axe to grind, and more and more look to chime in whenever the opportunity might present itself....which i typically try to ignore, admittedly unsuccessfully more often times than not...

now grace...who knows...one minute shes happy with ya....the next minute shes not...tough to tell...thats why i asked...i know she likes my color...but hates my ellipsis.....

the ignore feature is a wonderful feature....i just always find it humorous when others publicly suggest others use it with regard to a certain person....

Foretaz, you are a vicious tyrant.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    Foretaz, you are a vicious tyrant.

evidently

Mood

I have no beef with foretaz either , in this case, we just seem to disagree on what we consider relavent to the thread.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I wish I knew what axe I had to grind.

I also wish I were an admin, so I could say whatever I wanted when someone was dictating to other members what is "appropriate" for the forum and being an a.......

Oh wait, I am an admin. That means I can discuss what the recourse in this situation would be and post accordingly, like I did today! Whoopie!

This thread is gold. Now you guys know how I feel.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004