Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Party Comments

Default Post Party Comments

I guess I'll start this off but a lot of the details I will leave to some of the others.

We had a total of 27 attending tonight.

Alabama-Redneck & guest
    Believe_in_blue
    Btowncolt
    Diamond Dave
    Doug
    Gamble
    Harmonica
    Hicks
    Hoops for Life
    Indy Geezer
    Jose Slaughter
    Kegboy
    Magic Rat
    McClintic Sphere
    Mrs. RWB
    Peck
    Pizza Guy
    RWB
    Roaming Gnome
    Shade
    Skaut Ech
    Tim
    Uncle Buck
    Vicious Tyrant

& 2 guys that will soon be joining the forum. B Ball 56 & Fire Hawk

Yes we had lurkers tonight, how cool is that?

Most every player was taked about at one point or another but the Wes Unsel & Ron Artest comparison from Peck was especially note worthy.

Speaking of Peck.......... "The Bulls are better than us, we will not beat the Bulls"

I'll leave it up to the others to fill in their take on the evening.

As always we had a great time & I'd like to thank everybody that made it out for helping to make these gatherings so enjoyable.

Default Re: Post Party Comments

I already mentioned this, but the highlight IMO was when Peck showed up and said with a totally straight face that we traded Bender for Al. We all laughed, but he kept saying, "No, I'm serious. It really happened." We still laughed, and then he pointed at Tim and said, "Oh come on, look at his face. He wants it to be true so bad. Don't deny him this."

The only other thing I'll say tonight is we really maxed out Pizza King. All 27 listed above were there at the same time at one point, and it was a struggle. I really don't know what we could do different, though. Even with a bigger space, it's difficult to have a single conversation going with that many people.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

I just got home; I'm about to fall asleep, but I wanted to chime in and say I had a great time again and it was nice to meet some new people too.

For those that didn't make it, there will be a ton and I mean a ton of pictures this time.

Sorry I couldn't make it; I REALLY wanted to but something came up at the last minute and the 90-minute drive was outside my reach.

Next time, next time...

Harmonica

First let me say, I was hesitant about attending, but once I was there I was glad I did. My first impression was that I was surprised by the turnout considering the weather. Talk about a dedicated bunch of people. I was first greeted by Indygeezer who is every bit as hospitable as you might imagine. He came right up to me and introduced himself and immediately put me at ease. MagicRat came over shortly thereafter and said hi.

I arrived late and pretty much stayed in the background. Of those that attended, I got to personally meet Alabama-Redneck, Diamond Dave, Hicks, Indygeezer, MagicRat, McClintic Sphere, RWB, Mrs. RWB, Peck, Roaming Gnome, Skaut Ech, Tim and UncleBuck. Of those, I got to talk to Alabama-Redneck, Hicks, Indygeezer, MagicRat, Peck and UncleBuck. A nice bunch of guys.

For those that may never have the pleasure of meeting them, here's my impression of each:

Alabama-Redneck - Great guy. Hopefully I'll get to someday take him up on his offer (even if I did invite myself) of visiting him and doing a little bass fishing.

Hicks - Really nice guy, personable and easy to talk to.

Indygeezer - We hit it off immediately on the forum and (not surprisingly) it carried over in person.

MagicRat - Very quiet, which obviously belies his rapier wit and humor.

Peck - Wish I would have gotten to talk to him more, but I had to mosey along. From what I could tell, an all around decent guy.

UncleBuck - Like I said, a nice bunch of guys. UB is no exception.

I'd encourage everyone here to attend one of these get togethers if you get the chance. You will be greeted warmly and will not be disappointed.

What fun!! I am so glad I went. As much fun as the group discussions were, I really cherished the one on one time I had with quite a few folks.

Doug confided in me that we were at the same wedding together a few year ago, he figured out who I was, but was afraid to approach me cause he thought I'd go "Okay, if you're really Doug, name the roster of the 1995 team, along with their salaries and matching shoe sizes." Like I'd do that! I wouldn't make him list the salaries.

Alabama-Redneck and I had a really nice conversation about being married and the loss of a loved one. I'm going to embarrass him by saying that he's a really dear, sweet, wise man. I feel I'm a better person for meeting him.

Indy geezer had some really sage, insightful thoughts on the Pacers, along with having a great sense of humor and being a really great guy.

Viscious Tyrant, I sense a kindred spirit in sarcasm.

Roaming Gnome, Hicks, Btown, Kegboy, Diamond Dave, Tim, McClintic, UB, Jose Slaughter, I don't mean to leave anyone out, but the list could go on and on. I was genuinely pleased to meet everyone. I couldn't have met a nicer group of people. Really.

And I've got to give a special shout out to Peck. I don't say this by way of bragging, but to give you all a little perspective. I was the very first person to post on the RATS forum a thousand years ago. I was tied for the very first web site on the Pacers on the internet...ever. I go wayyyYY back. Way back in those days, I met Peck online. Over the years, I felt a special kinship with him. When he came in, no one had to tell me who he was, I just knew. He gave me a good handshake, then I think we couldnt help but give each other a big hug. I was so excited to meet him, I can't tell you. I wanted to get him alone and start grilling him about stuff, to see what he thought, but not the most conducive venue to do so, especially with him acting as our excellent moderator.

A really nice time. I advise all of you to make time next time a get together comes around. And everyone make sure you keep an eye out for the coming foot fetish site. I hear it's reasonable prices for quality footmania.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What an awsome night! Get togethers like last nights forum party make me think that my decision to move here to Indy was a good one. To me, all you guys on here make me feel like we have one big family and a very welcome contributor on this forum.

Special thanks go out to Jose S. for making all the phone calls and doing all the leg work to make the get together the success that it always is.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LIES...IT'S ALL LIES!!

I am not a nice guy. Heck, I didn't even attend the party, I sent my doppleganger. Only in my case, my doppleganger is a nice guy.

He tells me tho that it was fun.
    =

Oh alright I was there....but it was an act. Unfortunately Mrs Geezer had a migrane so our trip to Nashville fell apart and I was afforded the opportunity to "go shopping for some new shoes".

What a shock tho to walk in and the very first person you see is a nephew.
    BTW Gamble...shouldn't you be out looking for a job or something? (I'm amazed, I got outta there without paying for his beer). And if I were a newlywed, I'd be staying home on a Sat nite instead of spending time with a bunch of drunken Pacer fans (read that as NO LIFE). Guys, Gambles new bride is quite beautiful, what's even more suprising is she's a she...always wondered about that boy.

I take it back about 'Bama milking cows, turns out he was a goat milker. Oh and we gotta plan a Forum get together in Alabama so this poor schlep doesn't have to drive so far

It was fun...it was interesting, especially hearing the comments during the moderated portion of the discussion.

There are just too many memories (que Barbara Streisand music) to clearly put everything down.

I met some really really great people there and there are some of you I really wanted to talk with but it was hard to get across the room to hook up with ya.

Finally I gotta tell y'all. When I got home I had to explain to Geezer Jr. and Geezerette where I had been and all about my "secret life". I even told them I refer to them as Geezer Jr and Geezerette. Well, it seems that, as usual, I've selected the most embarrassing name for myself, and "OMG you don't really call us that do you?" Seems I am an embarrassment to my teenagers.

YES! I AM A SUCCESS!!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MagicRat - Very quiet, which obviously belies his rapier wit and humor.
    Yeah, but each of my 7 words was d@&% funny........

Oh, and don't trust the waitress (as nice as she was) to take the group photo........

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

HEy did anyone git a pix of the waitress?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Let me echo the comments by others that it was a great time and wonderfull to meet so many new folks. It was like Gen-con for Pacer's fans (minus the long lines for Natalie Portman autographs). I was having such a good time talking to people that I almost nearly forgot to partake of the wonderful Pizza King pizza. Also, Alabama Redneck, thank you for that round of beer you purchased, it was mighty kind of you.
    Scaut_Ech, after getting over the initial shock that you are not a second generation German immigrant and dissapointment that the girl in your avatar is not your daughter, I determined you are a tremendously nice fellow and are grateful for your part in keeping the streets of Carmel safe for roundabout travel.
    Vicious Tyrant, I must say, I found you neither vicious, nor particularly tyrannical. It was nice to see someone pull themselves up by the bootstraps and rise above the morass of moral decay and subversive thought that is Taylor University. I know how the 'bad elements' at a supposed place of higher learning can corrupt someone for a lifetime, so huzzahs for making it to adulthood without too many noticable vices.
    Hicks, thanks for the info on the next Joss Whedon project. I'll try to acquire Firefly by any means necessary and get up to speed by the time Serenity is released.
    Gamble, I think I talked more Colt's with you than I did Pacer's the rest of the evening. I almost bought into your belief that we should start sizing Super Bowl rings. I hope you can use your family connections to keep Indy Geezer in line.
    Btown Colt, your cynicism towards Artest was as uncompromised in person as it is in cyberspace, so kudos for your integrity. Hopefully, you can take that earnestness to Washington with you and heal the divide of political rupture that is so in currency in D.C. You're our Mr.Smith, man, so do it for the forum.
    My main goal was to bask in the presence of such legendary figures as Peck, Hicks, Uncle Buck, Shade, Kegboy, Doug and MagicRat. Let me say, I was not disappointed. I know now why everyone waited until Peck arrived before getting to the nitty gritty issues. He was truly the master of ceremonies. MagicRat, I expected a pool hustler type which you are decidedly not.
    All in all, a great time and my only regret was not getting to talk to everyone one on one. Oh, well, here's to more forumy goodness in years to come. Thanks again to Jose, who made it all possible and to "The Lurkers" hope to see you here soon. You guys have a lot to add to this place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Nice gams, eh?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Yeah, but each of my 7 words was d@&% funny........

Oh, and don't trust the waitress (as nice as she was) to take the group photo........

That's a perfect picture, but it's pretty blurry, if you have some more, POST 'EM!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat

Even in the blurriness I can tell you ducked out of the picture behind believe_in_blue...

The good news is, we had I believe 4 (or 3?) group photos taken, so hopefully at least one turned out. We even have video.

This bball56hacker joining in. Thanks for letting us 2 `LURKERS' join the party. Hope to have some good comments about PACERS. Such as signing SARA -trading A.J./POLLARD /and even F.JONES in the right deal. Voting for J.B. to make allstar team this year(lol).

I've got a nice photo of Rat hitting on the waitress, but I don't know how to post it.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

By the way Harmonica - I don't think we met - did anyone get a pic????
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

It's the owner's wife.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    By the way Harmonica - I don't think we met - did anyone get a pic????
    Nah, Harm strategically hid in the party area as the group pics were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    I've got a nice photo of Rat hitting on the waitress, but I don't know how to post it.
    That must be Tyrant-ese for "Ordering a beer"........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pictures?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Seems I am an embarrassment to my teenagers.
    That's hilarious.

You should keep in mind that as a father, you are automatically an embarassment to your teenagers. That's just how it works.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    Pictures?
    i do find it interesting and somewhat funny that all these pictures were talked about and only one very blurry one has been posted .....

not that i would be jumping at the chance to put my picture on the net, but based on talks prior to the party i woulda thought the site wouldve been deluged with pics by this time...

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    I arrived a little after 6:15, and the party was still set-up in a way that the large group crowded around the main table was conversing while the rest of us were on the sidelines. Fine by me, it's easier for me to queitly ridicule all your comments if no one can hear me.

Oh I heard you.

I only have a few seconds. The highlight of the night was meeting the new guys.

Alabama - might be the nicest guy you will ever meet.

Skaut Ech - Seems like someone who you could have a one-on-one conversation with for several hours and never get bored.

Believe_in_blue - Stuck it out until the end, through car trouble and several phone calls

Gamble - Great to meet you and I would expect you'll be a regular at these things.

Harmonica - I found him to be facinating.

Overall, the party seemed a little different to me. Sure we hit on most of the Pacers topics, but I know there was a lot less Pacers talk then at any previous forum party I've been to. And I think I know why. Because of last season there really isn't that much to talk about. We have exhausted every Artest topic we could, Brad Miller is a dying topic. Backup point guard and Bender were the most talked about topics and that really was not that exciting. There really is not that much new to talk about. Things really have not changed from 12 months ago, we really don't know anything more about this team than we did 12 months ago.

Still a great time and I had no idea we got as much rain as we did until I got home and found the front yard under water and the basement flooded.

I know I'm getting old when I start zoning out at about 11:30, but I stuck it out until 1:00 when everyone else left, but I was no use after about 11:30

Mood

Vicious Tyrant and believe_in_blue, PM me and we'll start setting up the pictures/vids.