Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

Sports Logo

Default Re: Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because they didn't want him?
    This is not directed at you, but help me with with this.

I must have imagined this, but I could have sworn we traded a player who didn't want to resign with Indiana, wanted to be in LA, had an agent who lowered his trade value, had a funky attitude last season, and had one year left on his contract.

Or did we trade away a happy all-star player for the sake of trading him?

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Or did we trade away a happy all-star player for the sake of trading him?
    Which answer makes the FO look dumber? That MUST be the right one.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Default Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

Kevin Durant's opinion ceased to matter the moment he ran away to Golden State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

KD can say what he wants and this doesn't even make me dislike him or anything, but it does sound kinda dumb since its such a contradiction. Others have pointed out how KD is all about players dictating terms to the teams so you'd think his POV here would have been "I think it shows how much the players are able to finally control their own destiny, the PG situation is a win for that ideal which I believe in". I don't get why his reaction would be "man the Pacers dissed him", period.

And of course halfway through he realizes that he's implying that Vic and Sab are basically worthless and tries to backpeddle into "wow that was ballsy by OKC".

But as someone else already mentioned, probably better that he's willing to say what he thinks, confused or not, rather than not being himself or puking out a bunch of agent-speak cliches.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    KD can say what he wants and this doesn't even make me dislike him or anything, but it does sound kinda dumb since its such a contradiction. Others have pointed out how KD is all about players dictating terms to the teams so you'd think his POV here would have been "I think it shows how much the players are able to finally control their own destiny, the PG situation is a win for that ideal which I believe in". I don't get why his reaction would be "man the Pacers dissed him", period.

And of course halfway through he realizes that he's implying that Vic and Sab are basically worthless and tries to backpeddle into "wow that was ballsy by OKC".

But as someone else already mentioned, probably better that he's willing to say what he thinks, confused or not, rather than not being himself or puking out a bunch of agent-speak cliches.
    Social media has really shown us how dumb a lot of these athletes are. I guess the "dumb jock" stereotype is alive and well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo

After listening to Durant in a longer series of interviews with Bill Simmons, I think KD gets a bad rep. He's got a bit of an attitude, but the more I listen to him the more I hear a smart guy who studies the league and its history, and someone who is more thoughtful than he comes off in soundbites or short quotes. I think he's more thoughtful than I initially thought as well.

From that point of view, I wonder if part of the explanation for these comments is perhaps he hasn't fully thought the scenario through. I think he's coming at it from more of a general "PG should bring back a lot in a trade because he's really good" while losing sight of the situation the Pacers were in. I think saying it was ballsy by OKC is moreso about the fact that it could be a one year rental, and if he respects Oladipo and/or thinks Sabonis could become a good player, then that's losing two pieces for nothing in 12 months if Paul leaves.

I don't know. But after hearing more from him, I think he should get more benefit of the doubt, at least from myself.