Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

I think the trade was fair from a player stand point. Where the problem for me is, I think taking back the higher salary player (who wasn't the best player in the trade) should have landed us a pick. Whether a heavily protected first or a couple 2nd rounders.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

F×ck Kevin(if you can't beat 'em join 'em)Durant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tnasty4l For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Side note, kevin durant calling PG 'so good' is honestly some high praise.
    He said this last year...

"He's my favorite player in the league, I've been saying that for a while," Durant told reporters at shootaround Monday. "He's just so smooth, man. He can do it all. He can pass, he can rebound, defend, shoot the J, post up, handle the ball. He's my favorite player.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/12/05/kevin-durant-paul-george-warriors-pacers-usa-basketball/95004370/

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    I think the trade was fair from a player stand point. Where the problem for me is, I think taking back the higher salary player (who wasn't the best player in the trade) should have landed us a pick. Whether a heavily protected first or a couple 2nd rounders.
    I really don't know why VO's salary is such a point of contention and confusion for people. If Paul George would have stayed, he would have been paid almost twice the amount if he got the DPE. People need to stop focusing on the contract amount. VO's salary only becomes "terrible" if his talents fall off a cliff. If he blossoms into a bonafide all-star, then his contract is going to look like a steal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ipacers...-that-bad/amp/
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-28-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

So who here thinks that letting PG leave without any return is better than the return we received? I.E., we got negative value by trading for VO and DS?

Just want to understand the assumptions that people are making here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    So who here thinks that letting PG leave without any return is better than the return we received? I.E., we got negative value by trading for VO and DS?

To some people, tanking was supposed to have been the decision from the start.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

KD: "Indiana just gave him away for nothing".

Translation(?): Indiana should've done like OKC and let him walk for (literally) nothing.

KD, please...be quiet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kellogg For This Useful Post:

I think it was a horrible trade for the Pacers. Could they have gotten more? Well one factor in answering that is what do you think of the two players the Pacers got. I don't think highly of either of them and when you consider what Dipo makes - yes I have to believe the Pacers could have gotten more. But I could be dead wrong.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post

In Bizarro World it makes sense
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fair??? Wow you guys are either serious homers or extremely high. We got duped. Theres no other way to spin it. THAT TRADE WAS TERRIBLE. Going forward i hope Pritchard doesnt make another trade based on Anger / spite and do whats best for the team regardless to who we trade with.
    Impossible Is Nothing

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Fair??? Wow you guys are either serious homers or extremely high. We got duped. Theres no other way to spin it. THAT TRADE WAS TERRIBLE. Going forward i hope Pritchard doesnt make another trade based on Anger / spite and do whats best for the team regardless to who we trade with.
    What do you think was on the table and available? All signs point to other trade rumors being either untrue or squashed by other parties in the trade. And considering what Cleveland held out for from Boston for Kyrie don't act like that would have somehow happened.

"Duped" would have been taking LA's last picks in the first round.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Had the salaries matched up, I truly think it'd been fair. But taking a salary dump from OKC, we should have gotten pick(s) thrown in or made them take Ellis also and took something else back.

Mood

Kevin Durant is a cabdriver
    Lifelong pacers fan

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers_heath For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can we also factor in the alleged tampering that the Lakers and probably PG's agent did to sour a lot of teams on trading for him?

I guess KD didn't consider that. From the looks of many of these posts in this thread, neither are many posters on this board.

I thought the Pacers should've gotten a future draft pick in that trade but after hearing about this tampering case, maybe they did get the best deal on the table.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Mood

I just don't think there was any way we were ever going to get back equal value here. I think GMs know Paul and they knew he had his eyes on LA for whatever reason. Making the statement he made (via his agent) was the same as a trade demand, which generally hurts trade value, and then they compounded the issue with the LA talk. They did everything they could to make sure the team trading for him wouldn't have to give up too much.

My biggest complaint is that we didn't get a draft pick. I like Dipo and Sabonis, I think they'll be solid players for us. But getting a pick was mandatory, to me, and I'm disappointed KP didn't get one.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

What baffles me is how much he (Durant) lacks self awareness. He recently said this about the Jimmy Butler trade:

"Kevin Durant on the new-look Timberwolves: “Jimmy Butler was hurt. I could tell he was hurt he got traded. Ain’t not loyalty, man."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/k...medium=twitter

??? After what he did and what he's trying to encourage his fellow players to do, he has the gall to say that?

Think before you speak Durant...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacerDU For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    What do you think was on the table and available? All signs point to other trade rumors being either untrue or squashed by other parties in the trade.
    BillS trade logic: There is never any discussions or rumors, they're all fake until the actual trade goes down. Once a trade goes down that was the only trade to be had. The only discussions Pritchard had was with OKC & OKC only. There was no other teams calling or interested except OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    BillS trade logic: There is never any discussions or rumors, they're all fake until the actual trade goes down. Once a trade goes down that was the only trade to be had. The only discussions Pritchard had was with OKC & OKC only. There was no other teams calling or interested except OKC.
    Other logic - anything a Pacers FO member says is a lie. Therefore, when KP said the Boston treasure chest was never on the table it is proof it was. Corollary - any press statement that makes the Pacers FO not look stupid is a lie. Therefore, reports that Dan Gilbert nixed the trade that would have gotten the Pacers the #4 pick were a lie.

I sometimes don't know why you guys aren't running a franchise. Anyone can see you'd have a string of championships a mile long.
    BillS

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Kevin Durant shocked by OKC trade for Paul George: 'Indiana just gave him away'

Sure, in a vacuum it's a horrible trade.

Of course, the context of the situation explains why and goes a long way in suggesting they probably couldn't do much better, so from that POV it was 'okay'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Hicks; 08-29-2017 at 07:08 PM.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Sure, in a vacuum it's a horrible trade. Of course, the context of the situation explains why and goes a long way in suggesting they probably couldn't do much better, so from that POV it was 'okay'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    And we got a couple young guys who genuinely seem to want to be here and are excited to be Pacers.

Sign me up. I just want guys who care. I'll accept the outcome record-wise.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

The trade was obviously not ideal. The pacers were put in a tough situation. I happen to like the trade. KP went out and got a guy that brings it every night, and scores 20pts a game. We b*^ched and moaned all last year about effort. We won't have that issue with these new guys. I quit even looking at the scores until Lance came back. While this team might not be as talented, the effort (especially on defense) will be there. George quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigDawg44 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacerDU View Post
    What baffles me is how much he (Durant) lacks self awareness. He recently said this about the Jimmy Butler trade:

"Kevin Durant on the new-look Timberwolves: “Jimmy Butler was hurt. I could tell he was hurt he got traded. Ain’t not loyalty, man."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/k...medium=twitter

??? After what he did and what he's trying to encourage his fellow players to do, he has the gall to say that?

Think before you speak Durant...
    Organization has to be loyal to the player, but the player ultimately has no obligation to be loyal to the organization.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

Had the salaries matched up, I truly think it'd been fair. But taking a salary dump from OKC, we should have gotten pick(s) thrown in or made them take Ellis also and took something else back.
    Indiana was not in a position of power...

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would've taken a teams giant trade exception + possibly a future pick for PG...not sure of cap situation on teams but why not a team like Philly or Phoenix gets the guy for a chance to make the playoffs and give their young guys valuable experience.

I hope to be wrong and Oladipo + Sabonis turn out to be much better than they've been, but the cap is going to tighten up really quick and having salary space will again be a way to accumulate assets.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    why not a team like Philly or Phoenix gets the guy for a chance to make the playoffs and give their young guys valuable experience.
    Because they didn't want him?
    BillS