Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacers to sign 6'8 Chinese point guard Jian Zhang Yi?

foretaz

Default Re: Pacers to sign 6'8 Chinese point guard Jian Zhang Yi?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that may be the case but until he's not around, this is a pointless signing for the Pacers. I'm not sure what you meant by "if you don't mind having your check coming from Michigan" comment?

you are more than qualified to be a scout for a certain nba team from michigan ...given their lack of success in the draft....hence the check statement...

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Because everyone that disagrees with him is a Piston-loving communist.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess since I'm not anti-Pistons my opinions shouldn't be taken seriously around here...

I probably could be a scout, I've seen lots of basketball in lots of countries, including China.
    ... when you happened to go to China... ??

Seriously.. how do any of us know if this guy is any good? The olympic team didn't do very well last year, but I don't think this guy was on the team.. Of course, judging by the USA's performance, we suck too....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz

you are more than qualified to be a scout for a certain nba team from michigan ...given their lack of success in the draft....hence the check statement...
    Yeah, Prince and Okur turned out to be total busts....

Maxiell looks like another scrub too. Acker was a waste of a pick as well.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

PacerNthaDesert

lol, I gotcha now....

foretaz

lol, I gotcha now....

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers

Seriously.. how do any of us know if this guy is any good? The olympic team didn't do very well last year, but I don't think this guy was on the team.. Of course, judging by the USA's performance, we suck too....

I grew up in a Military family, moved to lots of countries when I was younger and since I was always a big NBA fan here, naturally I took to basketball in other countries.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by ILovethePacers

i would seriously doubt any of us have seen him play....i also would seriously doubt there is much to this....and whatever it is, it likely wont amount to much....

i mean we have chris thomas on the roster right now and he looks to be a possibility for training camp....so the standard isnt very high...like i said...training camp isnt that big of a deal...and hell....what have u got to lose????

I grew up in a Military family, moved to lots of countries when I was younger and since I was always a big NBA fan here, naturally I took to basketball in other countries.
    ah.. ok

PacerNthaDesert

i would seriously doubt any of us have seen him play....i also would seriously doubt there is much to this....and whatever it is, it likely wont amount to much....

i mean we have chris thomas on the roster right now and he looks to be a possibility for training camp....so the standard isnt very high...like i said...training camp isnt that big of a deal...and hell....what have u got to lose????

That's the only positive thing, we got nothing to lose. I really doubt this guy would require a great deal of money to sign. I'd be real interested to watch this cat play, considering his height and atleast he has high assists totals. I just can't see this guy being physical and having the ability to "D" up. That's just a sterotype though maybe.

foretaz

That's the only positive thing, we got nothing to lose. I really doubt this guy would require a great deal of money to sign. I'd be real interested to watch this cat play, considering his height and atleast he has high assists totals. I just can't see this guy being physical and having the ability to "D" up. That's just a sterotype though maybe.
    there....much much better than ur initial post....this is about as accurate as u can get....u have to assume that the pacers scouting staff has watched him play....

and they feel just as u have mentioned in this post...that is, if there is anything actually to the report....

Who says he's going to play the point here, at 6'8" and 20+pts a game he could play the 2 and have great passing skills to boot. If we sign him for NBA minimum money and he works out, great! If he doesn't he can go back to china and be a superstar. Its not costing us anything to bring him here.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

According to the article the guy is 22 years old. Interesting if nothing else.

owl

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    Who says he's going to play the point here, at 6'8" and 20+pts a game he could play the 2 and have great passing skills to boot. If we sign him for NBA minimum money and he works out, great! If he doesn't he can go back to china and be a superstar. Its not costing us anything to bring him here.

Good point, at 6'8 he could be very versitile. After talking about this guy I want to see him play now.

Another positive is his age

foretaz

its just a tryout....

how come i cant find out anything on this guy????

i cant even find the team or the league...

and the link doesnt work for me either....hmmmm

I probably could be a scout, I've seen lots of basketball in lots of countries, including China.

I've never seen this guy play and I don't have to. Basketball in China is just bad, really bad. Do you honestly think this guy is going to beat out Tinsley or AJ for any minutes on this team? I would bet my left nut he doesn't.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

Whenever you gamble my friend you lose, especially when betting body parts.

: 0

owl

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by owl
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

Whenever you gamble my friend you lose, especially when betting body parts.

: 0

owl
    I figure If I lose the left, I'll still have the right so no worries..

The link doesn't work for me either BTW

Being the forum party is now in full swing this is a heads up! Read the letters in the link in the first post of this thread. This was a joke for the Digest party.

Last year the Pacers traded Al Harrington for Stephen Jackson the day of the digest party. Some people didn't believe the trade had happened.

I wanted to mess with the party again, thus I made this this post up. I didn't expect there to be 400 plus hits on this thread on a Saturday during the summer, especially with so many going to the party.

(giggle, giggle, snort)

sweabs

I should have gotten that.

Very creative, Will. Oh yeah, and what am I doing home on a Saturday night in the summer anyway?

PacerNthaDesert

damn you

chinapacers

As you can see in my name, I am from China. I haven't heard of any name close to Zhang YI or Jian Zhang Yi in China's basketball association or similar organizations. Please don't be fooled by this piece of coverage.

There won't be any dominant PG in China. PG is the worst position in a Chinese basketball team, even in the champion team of the year. I am from the city where the team won this year's championship, so I know quite a lot about Chinese basketball.

There won't be any Chinese point guard visiting USA, let alone Indiana.

Besides, there is no team in China called Golden Tiger, the only similar name is South China Tiger of Canton(not Beijing), the team in my city. And, South China of Canton won 2003-2004 over another competitor but not Shark (Shark is the name of a Shanghai team). They won the championship this year again.

Quote Originally Posted by chinapacers
    As you can see in my name, I am from China. I haven't heard of any name close to Zhang YI or Jian Zhang Yi in China's basketball association or similar organizations. Please don't be fooled by this piece of coverage.
    Anybody that read the whole thread wasn't fooled. Plus anyone that read the URL wasn't fooled.

Plus some people that were fooled are acting like they weren't. An e-mail confirmed my thoughts.

PacerNthaDesert

I was fooled, even though I know how bad Chinese basketball is most of the time.

It was a nice way to spend 30 minutes though, i had nothing better to do.