Thread: SL game 3 vs. knicks

Default SL game 3 vs. knicks

artest, harrison lead victory

Artest, Harrison Lead Victory

By Bobby Ciatti | Minneapolis, July 17, 2005
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ron Artest continued to shine in his return to competitive basketball in the Minnesota Summer League game against the New York Knicks. Artest scored a game-high 25 points, while leading the Indiana Pacers to an 87-75 victory over the Knicks Sunday in Target Center.
    Indiana started strong in the first quarter, going on a 13-5 run to open the game. Center David Harrison regrouped after being whistled for a questionable technical foul only 17 seconds into the game to throw down a thunderous two-handed slam dunk that nearly brought down the hoop. Harrison used his strength in the paint to score 19 points.

Pacers Guard Jimmy Hunter had the hot shooting hand in the second half for the Pacers, finishing with 13 points in 30 minutes. Guard Maurice Carter was impressive once again scoring 14 points. Forward Charles Gaines contributed 13 points and 13 rebounds.

The Knicks failed to build on their blowout win over the Timberwolves Saturday night. Guard Nate Robinson led the Knicks with 23 points, but fellow first round draft picks Forward David Lee and Center Channing Frye struggled all game. Lee, who was impressive inside against the Timberwolves, had trouble being matched up against Artest, and managed only six points, while picking up five fouls.

The Pacers improved to 2-1 in summer league competition and are back at it again Monday against top overall draft pick Andrew Bogut and the Milwaukee Bucks. Milwaukee has struggled so far in summer league play, on their way to a 0-2 record.

Default Re: SL game 3 vs. knicks

How would you like to be one of the slashers on the summer league team that hear's he gonna be playing against Ron Artest. Oh ya, and don't be nervous, but you're playing for your job.

Lee's a PF - there's nothing about him that makes him an SF - no outside shot, ballhandling, etc. Dunno what they're doing playing him there.

Well, other than because Channing Frye's playing PF because Isiah must have realized he's not a center which means we drafted a mediocre player at 8, not to be a center but just because he was there.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...WTH is going on with Harrison? 4T's in 3 games?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...WTH is going on with Harrison? 4T's in 3 games?
    He's just a big meanie (sniff) pushing our little baby Channing around like that ...

Hehe that is amazing. I have always been amazed that he can draw about as many personal fouls as minutes played, but that is a stupid amount of techs especially for summer league play. There are a lot of things I like about his game, but he has got to work on that.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

On surface 4 techs looks like a severe problem dealing with the referees. But 2 of the 4 are for hanging on the rim following dunks. But yes, even 1 tech in summer league for arguing with officials is bad let alone 2 in 3 games.

Has Knick Nation already given up on Carol Channing Frye? From the stat line it does appear the Knick frontcourt was severely abused.
    A more pressing question for me: who is Bobby Ciatti and how did he become special correspondent to Pacers.com?

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    Has Knick Nation already given up on Carol Channing Frye? From the stat line it does appear the Knick frontcourt was severely abused.
    I don't know about Knick nation but I gave up on him a long time ago - like before the draft. I thought he'd have been a decent pick at 30 and still do - since David Lee was picked at 30 (appropriately) I think it's about even odds who ends up having the better pro career - and if you forced me to choose I'd say Lee.

I think the only reason Bill Laimbeer was considered for Knick coach is because he's used to coaching players with the same level of physicality in their game as Frye.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    I think the only reason Bill Laimbeer was considered for Knick coach is because he's used to coaching players with the same level of physicality in their game as Frye.
    Nicely put.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    I don't know about Knick nation but I gave up on him a long time ago - like before the draft. I thought he'd have been a decent pick at 30 and still do - since David Lee was picked at 30 (appropriately) I think it's about even odds who ends up having the better pro career - and if you forced me to choose I'd say Lee.

So, you're not thinking he will replace the glowering presence of Kurt Thomas anytime soon? Or evoke memories of the Oakley, Mason tandem of the nineties? Oh well, good thing he will have a gentle environment in which to glide through the learning curve.