Thread: Reggie's not so Memorable Moment

Default Reggie's not so Memorable Moment

I know that this has been talked about in previous threads, but when something huge, or at least huge to me, happens, I like to make my own little mark.

I just want to say thank you to ESPN for wrapping 18 record breaking years full of heart and persistance into 8 seconds of non-substanial recognition. I had never watched the Espy's before, and I don't think that I ever will again because of this. Reggie Miller has meant so much to so many people and the sport of basketball itself. After learning that Reggie was nominated for the award, I was glad that he had been recognized for his achievements;However, now after seeing his little clip this award show can kiss my a**. I understand time limits and such, but if they were so concerened with that, did we really need to see 10 minute monologues between ever award?

Sorry for ANOTHER Reggie thread, but it really really got to me.

P.S.-Able, if you got my Email, you'll see that my text box works now, eerie....Cue X-files music...
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reggie's not so Memorable Moment

Yes, that really pissed me off. Then to top it all off, they did a mockery of Hoosiers, earlier in the show.

Guess they hate Indiana.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Atleast we got to see Boston's fans.

I don't like the music, but Beyonce is and was looking very nice tonight.

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Yes, that really pissed me off. Then to top it all off, they did a mockery of Hoosiers, earlier in the show.

Guess they hate Indiana.

That was pretty funny with Amare though, but I could see why Indianians thought they got dumped on slightly..

I honestly don't know why anyone watches anything on ESPN anymore, especially the ESPYs. It's bad enough how the "entertainment" aspect is taking over sports. The ESPY s just help to not only blur the line, but rather, obliterate it. Did you truly expect anything less from the network that buries itself up certain athletes butts so snugly. Espy? Puh-leeze.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    Atleast we got to see Boston's fans.

I don't like the music, but Beyonce is and was looking very nice tonight.
    Yeah, ESPN is all over Boston nation.

And, yes, Beyonce was looking beautiful.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Also, it's like no one gives a rat's *** over Reggie's accomplishments. So, they'll show 10 seconds of Reggie.

Then, back to Boston!!!!!!!!!
    Man! Those Patriots!!!!! YEAAHH, SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! Yeah, GOOOOOO RED SOX!!!!

You have to expect a lot of Boston loving when the freakin' ad for the ESPY's is featuring a guy playing a Boston fan.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Yea, it was pretty pathetic. If I wanted to watch people from Boston gloat, I'd go to the RATS Colts forum.

3ptmiller

Thats why i live in sweden! no espn!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptmiller
    Thats why i live in sweden! no espn!

You have missed NOTHING

I think thats the second best argument I have ever heard for living in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by cramerica
    Yea, it was pretty pathetic. If I wanted to watch people from Boston gloat, I'd go to the RATS Colts forum.
    Yeah, and to top it all off, the SportsCenter for the night at 11 PM was in Boston. So, now, as I just turned to ESPN, I heard a Boston native say, "Massachusetts, the greatest state in America" or something like that.

They're doing 50 states 50 days. They'll be in Indy for the Brickyard.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

woman without a team

Sports Center 50 States In 50 Days.

http://www.durhambulls.com/acrobat/50statesrelease2.pdf

Should be interesting to see how things go considering they come here after being in Hawii the night before. I swear to God if they send Kenny Mayne hear I'm going to slit my throat!!!

Selected highlights (and my )

July 20 Dyersville, Iowa: Field of Dreams, built for 1988 Kevin Costner movie (I guess that means there is nothing in Iowa, not even a county fair)

July 24 Wakeeney, Kansas: 95th Anuual Trego County Fair chainsaw artist, paintball, rodeo, ect. (I guess because the NCAA found out about Roy Williams' illegal gifts to a recruit ESPN decided against highlighting a little thing called Kansas Basketball)

July 28 Philadelphia, Mississippi: Neshoba County Fair harness racing at fair dating back to 1889 (Kegboy, don't tell dad or you know what you'll be watching)

July 29 Seattle, Washington: Freestyle Frisbee Championship players expected from all over the world (and people wonder how Seattle was able to lure Nate McMillian away from Portland)

July 30 Heber Springs, Arkansas: Cardboard Boat Racing Championship 100 boats of cardboard, tape, glue, paint (why doesn't this surprise me?)

July 31 Grand Blanc, Michigan: PGA Tour Bruick Open Vijay Singh defents his '04 championship (golf? GOLF! Are you kidding me? Between the Lions, Pistons, Tigers, Shock, and the 9th grade basketball team my cousin coaches the wizards at ESPN decide to cover golf !

August 1 Durham, North Carolina: Charlotte Knights-Durham Bulls team in Costner's Bull Durham hosts AAA game (who knew ESPN stands for "All Kevin Costner, All The Time". Also another slap in the face to Roy Williams and college basketball)

August 4 Los Angeles, California: Summer X Games XI nearly 20,000 fans attended X Games X (my first thought: "No pro football and inferior pro basketball has come down to this. my second thought: "too many Roman numerals")

August 5 Cody, Wyoming: Wild West Balloon Fest hot-air balloon competitions and balloon glow (my first thought: "they could have waited until the Indiana State Fair and come here to cover the balloon race. my second thought: "balloon glow?"

August 13 Memphis, Tennessee: Elvis 5K Road Race finish line at gates of Graceland (over under on the number of running Elvises that actually finish the race)

August 14 Sparta, Kentucky: IndyCar Kentucky 300 @ Ky. Speedway 60,000 saw Adrian Fernandez win last year (I can't believe they didn't try to sell it as Danica Mania)

August 17 Odessa, Texas: "Friday Night Lights" high school team practice Permian Panthers are 428-114-12 in 45-yr. history (wait, Kevin Costner wasn't in this movie was he?)

O.K, I give up. I got to the pie eating contest in Maine and I just can't go on anymore.

Okay, you're forgiven for not being social.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

I told you it was important. I'm starting my campaign for "most consistantly inconsistant poster 2006."