Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wil start Center this year?

BeastoftheEast

Default Who wil start Center this year?

Does anyone c Harrison starting over Foster this year....or maybe a trade could take the starting job maybe Magloire?

foretaz

Default Re: Who wil start Center this year?

no thank you to magloire.....

this should make my friend SIG happy....

i truly hope that its harrison that is starting on opening nite...because that would mean he has progressed a great deal...that would mean we are better of with him than dale, jeff, or scott...

and that would be simply awesome....because that would mean hes really delivering on some potential....and if thats the case he can make us better in a way that not many centers could, ways that davis, foster, pollard, and even magloire couldnt do....and that would make us a better team...

now if that doesnt happen, then i would like dale to start....he wouldnt play that many minutes but id like him to start....

jeff is best coming off the bench....more importantly i think the team is better off with jeff coming off the bench....he adds a spark and energy that is key for a bench player....i also tend to think the floor game might be better when hes playing with some of the second unit....

so im hoping its david...because he has the most potential upside...but i can live with dale...

Foster will open the season starting. He would be almost impossible to dislodge if he started hitting shots from 15 feet in.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No, his problem is still that he's waaayyy too easy to dislodge, whether he's hitting shots or not. The hip injuries only magnify the problem... he's not strong enough to be a starting C but he's okay as a starting PF. I think I might be able to push him around in the post.

So I think JO will be the starting C, just as he has been for most of the past two seasons.

But I think by the end of the season, our starting frontcourt will be Granger/JO/Harrison.

To me, one of the more interesting questions right now is whether or not Granger/Ron/JO will be the opening night starting frontcourt?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster will open the season starting. He would be almost impossible to dislodge if he started hitting shots from 15 feet in.

which supposedly he does deftly in practice....and did in college....

between him and bender, we might have the greatest practice forward tandem in the history of the nba...

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    No, his problem is still that he's waaayyy too easy to dislodge, whether he's hitting shots or not. The hip injuries only magnify the problem... he's not strong enough to be a starting C but he's okay as a starting PF. I think I might be able to push him around in the post.

So I think JO will be the starting C, just as he has been for most of the past two seasons.

But I think by the end of the season, our starting frontcourt will be Granger/JO/Harrison.

To me, one of the more interesting questions right now is whether or not Granger/Ron/JO will be the opening night starting frontcourt?
    i, for one, would be shocked if that was our opening nite starting frontcourt..as far as that end of the season thing...i assume u think ron will suffer a season ending injury....how sad...

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    i, for one, would be shocked if that was our opening nite starting frontcourt..as far as that end of the season thing...i assume u think ron will suffer a season ending injury....how sad...
    No, I think Granger will make him expendable...

I'd like to see Harrison start...although I have no problem with Foster starting. In fact it will probably be the way it has been in recent years with matchups determining the starting center.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anyway I think we should start Harrison even if he isn't ready. Because developing him will give us the weapon that we need to keep the pistons from double teaming JO. A legit strong Center that can score in the Post.

I know I am not the only one tired of seeing Jermaine Swarmed by the wallaces.

canyoufeelit

...Or that Ron will expend himself from the league.

foretaz

jay...im holding u personally responsible for this thread...

it was about who is starting at center...

and who turned it into a ron issue?????

I'm convinced now that you would rather see us move Ron then win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    I'm convinced now that you would rather see us move Ron then win a championship.
    Wouldn't you?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    Wouldn't you?
    That's just asking for this thread to turn into another rant from all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    jay...im holding u personally responsible for this thread...

it was about who is starting at center...

and who turned it into a ron issue?????

You did.

All I did was predict an end-of-season lineup of Granger/JO/Harrison. That could happen via trade, injury, suspension, or coaches' decision.

It was *you* that brought up Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Haven't I said bazillions of times that I think subtracting Ron is the real key to this team ever winning a championship? Having Granger makes it easier, becasue we no longer *require* a starting caliber SF in excange for Ron.

Really, I can't believe people still act surprised that I'm the #1 advocate that subtracting Ron AUTOMATICALLY makes this TEAM better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really, I can't believe people still act surprised that I'm the #1 advocate that subtracting Ron AUTOMATICALLY makes this TEAM better.

As long as you don't start your 'get all new 15 players' speech again, I can overlook the fact that your not all there in the brain......

foretaz

You did.

All I did was predict an end-of-season lineup of Granger/JO/Harrison. That could happen via trade, injury, suspension, or coaches' decision.

It was *you* that brought up Ron.

yea...right....

maybe u should reread the thread from the start....for a bit its about whos starting at center...

then all of a sudden someone finds a way to take an indirect shot at ron....

and u know it...

noone said anything about what the season ending lineup would be....hell...if u woulda mentioned the thing about the opening nite lineup without the season ending thing...it might not have been the worst thing in the world....

but when u find a way to take a shot at ron in a thread that has nothing at all to do with him....

is it really any wonder one might refer to u as a hater???

why couldnt we just have a discussion about the original topic?? u know..the center spot....

foretaz

Haven't I said bazillions of times that I think subtracting Ron is the real key to this team ever winning a championship? Having Granger makes it easier, becasue we no longer *require* a starting caliber SF in excange for Ron.

maybe u should confine ur disdain for a certain player to threads that actually pertain to him then....

this thread had nothing to do with him....at all...and still u found it necessary to bring that disdain for ron into it....

not that its a huge difference, but being a mod it would seem all the more advisable....

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Foretaz - I don't really mean this as an insult - well maybe a little - but when I click on a thread and it's filled with a whole bunch of oversized purple lettering I just have to click away.

It's similar to using all caps. It just looks like you're screaming everything you type. I wonder if this has any relationship to the kind of responses you get to your posts. Sometimes, people just come at you swinging without much provocation. Maybe your lettering gets people just that little bit more irritated? It doesn't help that you are often more than ready to fight back, at the rate of 20 posts a day. It's exhausting.

Plus, the lettering is hard on the eyes. Really, it is. When I see a long post in that big, bright lettering, I just skip it. This is a shame, because some people have quoted you (and removed your style tags) and alot of your comments are pretty insightful.

Pavlov's dog that I am, I've just been conditioned to ignore the lettering, and therefore I end up ignoring the content you've taken a lot of time to think through and write out.

It might be time to save yourself the grief and gain a larger audience and just use black on white. It's been used for centuries with good reason.

Sorry for the derailment - who starts all depends on who's injured. If everyone is healthy and Davis is here, Davis will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Foretaz - I don't really mean this as an insult - well maybe a little - but when I click on a thread and it's filled with a whole bunch of oversized purple lettering I just have to click away.

It's similar to using all caps. It just looks like you're screaming everything you type. I wonder if this has any relationship to the kind of responses you get to your posts. Sometimes, people just come at you swinging without much provocation. Maybe your lettering gets people just that little bit more irritated? It doesn't help that you are often more than ready to fight back, at the rate of 20 posts a day. It's exhausting.

Plus, the lettering is hard on the eyes. Really, it is. When I see a long post in that big, bright lettering, I just skip it. This is a shame, because some people have quoted you (and removed your style tags) and alot of your comments are pretty insightful.

Pavlov's dog that I am, I've just been conditioned to ignore the lettering, and therefore I end up ignoring the content you've taken a lot of time to think through and write out.

It might be time to save yourself the grief and gain a larger audience and just use black on white. It's been used for centuries with good reason.

Sorry for the derailment - who starts all depends on who's injured. If everyone is healthy and Davis is here, Davis will start.

No offense but, Agreed on the Taz issue.

I like the Idea of Dale or Jeff, not Harrison, not yet. For me, it's really an issue of respect, yeah I know this is basketball, not sunshine tea hour, but I just feel that Dale and Jeff deserve it. However, if Jeff's hip was bothering him, and DD wasn't able, it would be awesome to see David out there.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

foretaz

the font issue was addressed a long time ago...prefer to just leave it in the past....most of us have been down that road before....and its been enjoyable just dealing with the issues for a while.....instead of finding bs things to gripe about....fair??

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/s...nt+bold+purple

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Okey dokey. Just trying to help folks get along.

Foretaz, can you just tell us why you write in purple? PM me if you want.... I'm just curious.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Dale/Jeff/David/Scot

Of course, it will be mixed up a little due to matchups/injuries/trades.