Thread: J Brewer and Wright in Minny camp

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default J Brewer and Wright in Minny camp

For a player such as Jamison Brewer, who has spent four years mostly sitting for Indiana and New York, coming to Wolves camp was another stab at the dream. "People say I'm a vet, but I'm young, too," said Brewer, 24. "I learned a lot. I feel it's my time now, man. The main thing in the NBA as far as a point guard, you've got to be a leader and vocal and know how to run a team. I feel like I'm where I need to be." For Bracey Wright, the Hoosiers shooting guard who slipped to No. 47 in the second round, this is a chance to prove people wrong. Wright has been working at point guard this week, trying to find the skills more suited to his size.

"Everybody who didn't draft me made a mistake," he said. "I said I was going to make any team that I went to. I bring too much to the table to just fall by the wayside. Come October, I'm going to be on a roster right here."

I seem to remember those exact same words being uttered here.--(Brewer)

as for Bracey's comments.....Rotsa Ruck
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: J Brewer and Wright in Minny camp

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a player such as Jamison Brewer, who has spent four years mostly sitting for Indiana and New York, coming to Wolves camp was another stab at the dream. "People say I'm a vet, but I'm young, too," said Brewer, 24. "I learned a lot. I feel it's my time now, man. The main thing in the NBA as far as a point guard, you've got to be a leader and vocal and know how to run a team. I feel like I'm where I need to be." For Bracey Wright, the Hoosiers shooting guard who slipped to No. 47 in the second round, this is a chance to prove people wrong. Wright has been working at point guard this week, trying to find the skills more suited to his size.

"Everybody who didn't draft me made a mistake," he said. "I said I was going to make any team that I went to. I bring too much to the table to just fall by the wayside. Come October, I'm going to be on a roster right here."

I seem to remember those exact same words being uttered here.--(Brewer)

as for Bracey's comments.....Rotsa Ruck
    No doubt on the Bracey Wright account. Unless the dude was just tanking at IU I just don't see what he brings to the table. I mean he was a decent scorer in college, but that was because IU made him a focal point of the offense. I don't see him being able to play point guard in the NBA and he's just way too erratic a shooter and undersized to play the 2. On the Brewer issue, I, probably unlike a lot of people wish he was stll here. Like Mike Brown said defensively he was the Ben Wallace of point guards. Situationally, I thought he could have been huge esp.the way some point guards like Baron Davis and Marbury, or Iverson could just kill us. Just stick him in for like 5 min. stretches when its clear no one on our team can guard those guys. But, you are right those comments he made sound exactly like the things he would say here every Summer. Plus he screwed himself by not resigning when the Pacers offered him a contract. SIGG.(arggh ugly Mark Patrick memories)

I like point guards who can pass......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    I agree with you, and I don't view Brewer as having starter potential. but when he played and I remember 2 years ago against Sacto and I think Portland he started and never turned the ball over and didn't noticably hurt us on offense. My view is that our top 2 points often kill us on D and someone like Brewer could be a game changer in short relief appearances. Do you remember how the Pistons used Hunter and James 2 years ago to move pressure up court and really put the pinch on other teams? I don't see why Brewer couldn't be that type of player. again in short stretches.

woman without a team

SIGGY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Yeah, but you can never underestimate the value of bench fodder that knows how to dress.

I don't know if we're ever gonna see another Siggy.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!