Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Harrison the Hothead?

  1. #1
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Harrison the Hothead?

    this has been touched on in other threads.....though the bolded part is news to me...and a bit disconcerting

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...04/1004/SPORTS


    July 18, 2005
    By Mike Wells
    mike.wells@indystar.com

    Technically speaking

    David Harrison has been whistled for four technical fouls in three summer league games.

    The Pacers center got his third technical minutes into Sunday's game when he questioned an official's no-call on his drive to the basket. He picked up his fourth for hanging on the rim after a dunk.

    Clearly angry, Harrison took off his jersey, which didn't sit well with the Pacers' coaching staff, and stormed up the court.

    "It's going to be a learning process," Pacers assistant coach Dan Burke said. "I told him he has to stay calm and just play the game."


    hmmmm

  2. #2
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Yeah,I noticed that too while looking at the boxscores,He had a "T" in every game.

    But at least we know he is playing with intensity,and the pics Ive seen it looks like he is in better shape.

    I also read somewhere that people are starting to say he could be a "Big Impact Center" in the NBA this coming season.


    So I dont mind the "T's"...as long as they dont carry over to the Reg. Season.

  3. #3
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    It's good the Ron-Ron is there to provide a calming influence.

  4. #4
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,502
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    FOUR Techs in 3 games is very alarming on the surface. But at least 2 are for hanging on the rim following dunks.

    Playing with heart and desire were knocks on Harrison , when he was drafted. Could be the light is coming on in David's head that he wants to play with more passion. As far as crying about a no call -wasn't that a big complaint about last years team?? David saw how our vets acted and is following suit.

    Off his 3 Summer league game stats , playing 25 minutes a game averaging 14.3 ppg , rebounding a lil low 4.3 rpg , 1.5 blocks a night is encouraging. As is the fact he's shooting 58% on fga , and getting to the line for over 6 free throws a night. Negative is his fouling.

    As long as Harrison , can develop a more intense game as he develops , hopefully he'll learn to control his temper.

    But lets be honest he's definately not alone in that category on this team.

  5. #5
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    I was always a little disappointed that "The Towering Inferno" never took off as his nickname. Maybe now I can make another push for it......

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  6. #6
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    jo probably hasnt helped this situation as hes not the greatest example when it comes to complaining to the refs....jack either....

    but cmon....taking ur jersey off when ur in the game???

    ive heard of guys doing this when they got ejected, but not while theyre playing in the middle of a game....

    ummm...am i the only one that finds that behavior a bit ....um....out of the ordinary?...

    hey rat....not sure u can pull this off....but a jerseyless harrison playing????

  7. #7
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was always a little disappointed that "The Towering Inferno" never took off as his nickname. Maybe now I can make another push for it......


    interesting pic....i believe thats our 2nd round draft pick in the pic as well...

  8. #8
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was always a little disappointed that "The Towering Inferno" never took off as his nickname. Maybe now I can make another push for it......

    Heat Miser!
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  9. #9
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    [QUOTE=MagicRat]I was always a little disappointed that "The Towering Inferno" never took off as his nickname. Maybe now I can make another push for it......

    MagicRat you are the master of image alteration. And here I thought your technical skills were limited to audio conversion. Nice.

  10. #10
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MagicRat you are the master of image alteration. And here I thought your technical skills were limited to audio conversion. Nice.
    Here's some of the back-catalog........

    http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  11. #11

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Is this what they ment by "taking off his jersey"?

    http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/53...C30E9B9B114CE8



    Outsider

  12. #12
    Member McClintic Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's some of the back-catalog........

    http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/
    I have seen some of these on here as avatars esp. hulk and tinsley as s.smalley. Good source of barren amusement at work. . . . I want to see something done with the Forum party. I may end up being glad I didn't appear in any pictures.

  13. #13
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Am I the only one who remembers a year ago after we drafted David and how worried a lot of us were about his reputation as a hot head or something along those lines? The only thing that surprises me about what's happening now is it didn't happen last year.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who remembers a year ago after we drafted David and how worried a lot of us were about his reputation as a hot head or something along those lines? The only thing that surprises me about what's happening now is it didn't happen last year.
    I don't remember anything about being a hothead, rather that his work ethic was called into question. Alot of Tinsley-KFC-chicken jokes were made then... along the lines of Tinsley now not having to go by himself to dinner.

    Outsider

  15. #15
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who remembers a year ago after we drafted David and how worried a lot of us were about his reputation as a hot head or something along those lines? The only thing that surprises me about what's happening now is it didn't happen last year.
    Again referring to the back-catalog, but there was speculation that Ron and David would go after the zebras........



    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  16. #16
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    I'm not that concerned about it.

    2 technicals for hanging on the rim? Big deal. Complaining to the refs? That can be worked on...have Jermaine set a POSITIVE influence in that area...or learn from Ronnie to just shutup.

    Seriously - these don't seem like bad technicals. I like my players to be out there showing intensity on the court. I like to see emotion - and people caught up in the game. I'm not worried.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    wasn't 1 technical also for getting his 7th foul? In summer league you can't foul out, just get a technical on top of the foul.

    So that is only 1 for jawing at the refs anyway.

    outsider

  18. #18
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one who remembers a year ago after we drafted David and how worried a lot of us were about his reputation as a hot head or something along those lines? The only thing that surprises me about what's happening now is it didn't happen last year.

    I remember too.

    If we move Harrison into the starting line up and take out Foster we will have the NBA'S best hothead lineup.

    Artest actually keeps it together better than anyone in that lineup, he doesn't question the Refs etc. He just does dumb stuff.

  19. #19
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Complaining to the refs? That can be worked on...have Jermaine set a POSITIVE influence in that area....
    Please tell me you're kidding. Jermaine is one of the biggest cry babies around.

  20. #20
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Quote Originally Posted by grace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please tell me you're kidding. Jermaine is one of the biggest cry babies around.
    I know...that's why I put POSITIVE in capital letters. Being sarcastic...as in maybe he should actually try to work on that.

  21. #21
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Mike Wells should be ashamed of himself, spreading all these filthy rumors about David. We all know he wouldn't do that...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  22. #22
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    He had another T today..

  23. #23
    Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,038

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Seems like Andrew Bogut might be a bit of a hot head....Him and John Edwards got into it today.


    Both were tossed.

  24. #24
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    Hulk owned Bogut today, I'm going to let the T's slide just because of that. If Hulk can have a good pre-season and rebound a little better, I would feel comfortable with him as the starter. If he doesnt start on the first game of the year he will probably be starting mid-season like Jamaal did 2 years ago.

  25. #25
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Harrison the Hothead?

    99 % of em Techs are BS, hanging on the rim and 7th foul, I don't care one bit for them, sounds 2 me like BS x Infinity and not even worth thinking/talking about again...

    now taking a jersey of Mid-Game thats just wierd.. does he have some nice new tattoo or something...


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •