Thread: Does Granger = Caron Butler

Default Does Granger = Caron Butler

Before I get too excited about Granger, his scouting reports are reminding me of Caron Butler reports when he came into the league - excellent all around player, senior maturity, ready to start, not much outside shot,

I only have a couple minutes and can't find any old reports on Caron, but does anyone else think there is a parallel?

I think Granger is taller and can develop a better outside game, but if Granger is roughly in Butler's class (a solid starter, not much more), that takes some wind out of my sails.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Harmonica

Default Re: Does Granger = Caron Butler

From what I've read and seen, Granger has an excellent outside shot.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Granted it was highlight compilation. But someone posted a really long New Mexico highlight reel, and it showed Granger hitting alot of long distance.
    All in for DG33

Sports Logo

I'm more hoping that Granger develops into more of a Andre Iguodala type player...athletic, exciting, all-around offensive but solid enough defender that can easily step into a 6th/7th option on the floor.

foretaz

there are far worse fates than that of caron butler.....hes a solid contributor on both ends of the floor....a very good team guy able to contribute in many different ways....

danny appears to have that same potential....he doesnt appear to be spectacular in any way, just very solid and polished...

those of u that are hoping for the second coming of artest minus the baggage are not being very reasonable....

Mood

Granger shot something like 43% from 3 point range last year. I don't consider that "not much outside shot".

If anyone, he reminds me of Tayshaun Prince, although supposedly Granger has an on-court mean-streak.

I think that nbadraftnet compares Danny to a shorter Eddie Griffin and I like that comparison, Tayshaun Prince is a good comparison too.

And no he doesn't remind me of Caron. I think that Caron is a little bit more of a scorer than Danny.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to think Maxiell is Horace Grant, but think its a little disrespectful to compare my faovrite rookie to an established player, before he's played a single NBA game.

Just my opinion. You can never really tell about a kid until you've seen him playing against real pros.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    those of u that are hoping for the second coming of artest minus the baggage are not being very reasonable....
    I'll agree with this. Honestly, I get confused when folks talk about potential. I'd rather stick with facts, in a "What have you done for me lately?" kind of way.

My trust has to be EARNED as far as all of these guys are concerned.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to think Maxiell is Horace Grant, but think its a little disrespectful to compare my faovrite rookie to an established player, before he's played a single NBA game.

Just my opinion. You can never really tell about a kid until you've seen him playing against real pros.
    OOPS - didn't see this when I just posted. So I'll just say "What HE said ^^^."

I think Granger's stronger and a better post defender, while Butler's better on the perimeter. Classic 3/4-2/3 comparison.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

O like LA's posts. Granger I hope is a great player, will be happy if he comes in and makes a good contribution. Artest is a top 10 player if he could keep his head. I really doubt Granger has his potential.