Thread: DD a Sonic???

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default DD a Sonic???

Sonics Contact Veteran Dale Davis
    14th July, 2005 - 5:04 am
    Seattle Times - The Sonics have contacted 14-year veteran Dale Davis, who played last season with Indiana and Golden State.

The 35-year-old forward is also drawing interest from Cleveland, Philadelphia, San Antonio, New Jersey and Indiana.

With several young and inexperienced options at center now that Jerome James is gone, Davis would be a nice addition for Seattle. [READ]

From RealGM
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: DD a Sonic???

Someone check all local cliffs for any sign of Peck....

foretaz

theres sure to be quite a bit of interest in dale.....hes a decent post defender, decent rebounder, and a solid locker room guy whos been thru the wars....

the key is at what price are these teams interested....i have a feeling most are interested at somewhere around the million dollar exception range (1.6 approx)....the key would be if any team would be willing to exceed that substantially, and if so, for how many years....

letting these teams somewhat set the market is almost a necessity....the pacers need to find out what hes worth, much like JJ, to help decide if they resign....which i think they will with DD, unless someone makes a crazy offer, not unlike the offer toronto made jax way back when...

DD will have to decide at this point in his career is money the foremost consideration, or happiness and a chance to win a championship. Some of the teams courting him are legitimate contenders, but he really seemed happy to be back here. Unless someone offers him a 'Mark Jackson' contract (4 years/16 mil) that was crazy, if the money is even in the ballpark here, I suspect he'll return here to finish his career.

In any event, I would think the Pacers wouldn't spend any/all of their MLE on DD at this stage. Hopefully they can get him for at or just slightly over the vet minimum.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sonics Contact Veteran Dale Davis
    14th July, 2005 - 5:04 am
    Seattle Times - The Sonics have contacted 14-year veteran Dale Davis, who played last season with Indiana and Golden State.

The 35-year-old forward is also drawing interest from Cleveland, Philadelphia, San Antonio, New Jersey and Indiana.

With several young and inexperienced options at center now that Jerome James is gone, Davis would be a nice addition for Seattle. [READ]

From RealGM

Dale Davis is really 36, not 35.

3/25/69.

PCC87

I really believe that DD enjoyed being back here in the circle city.I believe he will retire a Pacer.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We better resign. Unless something else happens he will still be our best post defender next year unquestionably.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    We better resign...
    What are we resigning from, exactly?.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    What are we resigning from, exactly?.......
    From this damn league. Its just to hard to win. We've given it our best shot, but I think its time to hang it up. Give our best regards to the Knicks and Pistons and get the hell out.

House Sigil:

"At least you have chicken."

Gamble

Dale wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I mean why? He's already collected and
    he knows he be on the pine in most places.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    "At least you have chicken."
    HEY!!

Thats Racist!

House Sigil:

I wouldn't mind having Dale back, but I don't believe that he will be as effective as he was in those 25 or so games last year.

As it's been mentioned on here, Dale basically got alot of the season off, played strong in the regular season here, but was starting to wear down.

I think Dale likes Indy, but Indy has to pay him to keep him. Dale will bolt if another franchise is offering more money.

Dale will be one ****ed up guy if he just left for the money. If thats all that matters to him then we dont even need to sign him then. He came back here and he started playing very good again and then he is going to go and sign with some team in the west and not play a minute like he did for the warriors.

Also I dont even care if Dale cant play more then 40 games at 10 minutes per game, I just want him on this team cause we need a guy like Dale who is tough and can be a leader, kind of fill for Reggie as the vet on the team.

I wonder how much sway Kevin (his Brother) still has with Dale?

IMO, it would be a mistake to let the market dictate a price for him because that was part of the problem last time was that Kevin convinced him he was being disrespected because the team was taking care of all of the other players first (Croshere, Rose).

My gut feeling is if the Pacers offer Dale a decent reasonable contract he will take it.

I didn't mention this the other day because other than my wife, I haven't heard anybody mention it. But she was listening to the radio the other day & they were interviewing Dale about the opening of his new movie. The subject of him signing came up of course & she stated that Dale said that he built his home in Indianapolis & this was where he wanted to stay.

Take that for what it's worth. I think it was on 93.1 but I'm not certain.

Look I'm to partison on this issue so I won't go to much into this but I just want to say that Dale is reported to be a good locker room guy & is popular with his team mates. I think it's not a bad thing to have good guys on the team, the fact that he is still a valuable player is a bonus.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I don't know, being in Dale's position I'd be eyeing San Antonio just as much as Indiana. Can't go wrong either way IMO. I just hope he stays home.

I like DD, but his role will be MUCH smaller if Hulk comes back healthy. Also Fosters back was much of the reason he played so much, I wouldn't overpay for him. I think if we resigned DD and get Hulk back REG should reconsider! Can you imagine the picks with those two on the floor together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Dale likes Indy, but Indy has to pay him to keep him. Dale will bolt if another franchise is offering more money.
    I would like to see him back, he is one of my favorite pacers ever. Honestly this is probably his last season and he will want to do the most with it he can, I will not fault him there he is human and wants to make th most he can. I whish him good luck and a good season, I hope it is with us, if not Go Dale! Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Shack80
    I would like to see him back, he is one of my favorite pacers ever. Honestly this is probably his last season and he will want to do the most with it he can, I will not fault him there he is human and wants to make th most he can. I whish him good luck and a good season, I hope it is with us, if not Go Dale! Thanks for the memories.

I think Dale plays atleast 2 more seasons.

I think Dale plays atleast 2 more seasons.
    I am all for that, I like him as a player.