Thread: The name should always remain the same

Default The name should always remain the same

Okay, I admit, a couple weeks ago there was a thread talking about how Stephen Jackson's name is 'Jack' not 'Jax', and I just totally jumped all over that and said how stupid that was. I mean I call him Jax, I really didn't know why it mattered.

But now.............

I saw somebody, and I can't remember who, but they said Miller instead of Reggie and I now understand where this person was coming from.Miller?Miller? I feel like over the years I have grown personally with this man, and Miller is way too cold.

Call him Reggie....
    Call him uncle reg.....
    Call him Susie for all I care.....

But Miller? That's just unamerican!

Ok, Maybe not, but I hope you get the point.

P.S-I Still call him Jax!!
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Default Re: The name should always remain the same

After his early comment that he likes to "make love to pressure" I thought shortening SJax to Sex was a great nick - but it never caught on and everyone thought I was just making bad Freudian errors in my typing.....
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw somebody, and I can't remember who, but they said Miller instead of Reggie and I now understand where this person was coming from.Miller?Miller? I feel like over the years I have grown personally with this man, and Miller is way too cold.

Call him Reggie....
    Call him uncle reg.....
    Call him Susie for all I care.....

But Miller? That's just unamerican!

Ok, Maybe not, but I hope you get the point.
    So I guess you agree with Coach Knight that the kid needed a lesson in manners?.........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I was the dork who ranted about "It's 'Jack', Not 'Jax'"

"Jax" will always be reserved for Mark Jackson in my mind. I don't mind SJax at all. But, I referred to him having "Jack 1" on his armband, which was followed by a couple of good one-liners!!!!

Those mid-to-late 90's teams were special and Jax was an integral part of the success that they enjoyed.

(Disclaimer: I would be a fool to say that Mark Jackson had as big of an impact on this team as Roger Brown...I'm just making a point though). If we had a player come in sometime down the road whose first name is Roger, there is no way in the world that I'd want to call him "Rahjah" because that is reserved for the late Mr. Brown.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson