Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hate the beach...

Default Re: Hate the beach...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love being near the ocean, but hate the beach experience—the sand, the sunscreen, the blazing heat, the hoards of people. The beach at night is nice, especially with the right company. And dining in a restaurant or having drinks overlooking the ocean is magical.

I feel the same way. My favorite times are early morning just when the sun comes up and early evening. But at noon, it is not my favorite place

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Me = beach bum wannabe.

Jay's_Wife@Section204 = "But that's too far away, we're not moving there."

Me =
    I heard the same song for years.

Then one brutal Chicago January I brought my wife along on a business trip to LA and we stayed on Venice beach. 18 months later we were living here.

[sinister] She easily fell for my trap. Muhahaha. [/sinister]

Its amazing how often the family comes to see us (and NOT the other way around, BTW) now that we live by the beach.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I tried like crazy last August when we were in Manhattan Beach. No luck.

You're right, though; I'll try again in the wintertime.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

What is wrong with all you people - are there no sane beach haters out there????

The beach deserves its own rabbit with a pancake or prince with a hairlip or whatever else the he77 that all means.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

I'm not a big beach fan, either. My wife loves to lay at the beach with a book, but I can only take that for so long. One of the many good things about having kids is that it gives me a good excuse for building sand castles..........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

You noticed!!!!

Got this in my email this morning:

"Hello Vicious Tyrant,

We at Pacers Digest would like to wish you a happy birthday today!"

You guys shouldn't have!!

"If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    You noticed!!!!

Got this in my email this morning:

"Hello Vicious Tyrant,

We at Pacers Digest would like to wish you a happy birthday today!"

You guys shouldn't have!!

You know, I thought I had planned ahead and gotten you the perfect gift. Then I read this thread. Guess I'll have to send it back........

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    Well perhaps you should take your lifeguard's advice and start pissing on your neck and not in your eyes so you'd be able to see that Montego Bay, Jamiaca is one of the largest beaches in Jamiaca.

Where's all the hostility come from

Maybe I should of added a smiley, but I thought the sarcasm would be upfront and center.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    You know, I thought I had planned ahead and gotten you the perfect gift. Then I read this thread. Guess I'll have to send it back........

Gee, I don't know - I could crank up the heat in the house on a hot July day, rub lotion all over myself, then pour sand all over my crotch and underarms so they chafe painfully. Then follow my kids around with those beach toys all day. I could even set rat traps all over the place that I would have to make sure they don't walk into (to represent the pool, the jellyfish, the glass shards in the sand, the dangerous waves, etc.) It'd be just like a beach vacation!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    Where's all the hostility come from

Maybe I should of added a smiley, but I thought the sarcasm would be upfront and center.
    My apologies. Perhaps I was to revved up for my softball game last night. It got canceled by the way. Smileys do always help though.
    All in for DG33

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    My apologies. Perhaps I was to revved up for my softball game last night. It got canceled by the way. Smileys do always help though.
    Atleast you had a team that actually showed up. Sunday was a B-E-A-utiful day, and 4 of us showed.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    Atleast you had a team that actually showed up. Sunday was a B-E-A-utiful day, and 4 of us showed.
    Yeah, all of us were there last night.

However we're having the worst luck with weather. It has rained less this summer than any summer I remember, but yet my team has had 4 rained out games.
    All in for DG33

Love, love the beach.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I LOVE the beach....as long as it is not in Indiana.

My family discoverd The Dunes in N. Indiana a few years back and I gotta listen to it every freaking year. PEOPLE THERE IS NOTHING TO DO THERE!!! It's inland water so it is cold and dirty. The beach area isn't that big...etc. Now, sunset off Mt Baldy is sweet...but that is it! Gimme a warm beach with warm water and like UB and BP said...sunrise/sunset (does anybody hear music?) and I can be VERY happy.
    Geezerette still remembers the last time we went to Florida (she was 2...10 years ago) She is my real beach bunny. She absolutley loves the sand and the water.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Speaking of hte beach, I was walking along the beach the other day and it was really crowded when my wife and I came across a group of kids building a sand castle. One of the kids was a little girl about 7 years old ... and she was completely naked.

I mean completely.

Now, there are a lot of europeans who come here, and there (and sometimes here) european little girls do not wear tops. We've gotten used to that. But this was different. She was totally naked, and WAY too old for that. How clueless do you have to be to let your 7 year old daughter run around on a crowded American beach naked?

I found myself totally looking any direction BUT in the direction of the girl for fear of being accused of being a closet pedophile or something. Afterwords, my wife said she did the same thing. We had a laugh about it.

I mean really, WTF?!?!?

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Now, there are a lot of europeans who come here, and there (and sometimes here) european little girls do not wear tops. We've gotten used to that. But this was different. She was totally naked, and WAY too old for that. How clueless do you have to be to let your 7 year old daughter run around on a crowded American beach naked?
    And Venice Beach at that!

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    I LOVE the beach....as long as it is not in Indiana.
    The lake (Michigan, that is) was 75 degrees over the 4th.

Had a beautiful 4 day weekend. Had a couple of wavy days, so we went body surfing. Had a couple of windy ones, so we got the catameran and windsurfer out. Played a couple of games of volleyball. My brother-in-law brought his boat up, so we did some tubing / skiing. Went for a couple of long walks. Drank a *bunch* of beer. Had a bonfire on the beach. And it was pretty much nice and sunny the whole weekend, except we had a little rain on the 4th.

We were over by east of Mt. Baldy, though, so maybe the dunes proper isn't as nice.

Did I mention I love the beach?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Speaking of hte beach, I was walking along the beach the other day and it was really crowded when my wife and I came across a group of kids building a sand castle. One of the kids was a little girl about 7 years old ... and she was completely naked.

I mean completely.

I found myself totally looking any direction BUT in the direction of the girl for fear of being accused of being a closet pedophile or something. Afterwords, my wife said she did the same thing. We had a laugh about it.

I mean really, WTF?!?!?
    Just a week or so ago I was at one of those outside showers that you are supposed to jump in and shake the sand off of you, and this mother makes her 8 years old (I'm guessing) daughter strip completely down in the shower! I glanced over, saw her, did one of those "don't label me a pedophile" head jerks and got outta there.

That kind of stuff just dissappoints me, how does she not realize she is too old for that crap? There was a bunch of people around too.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I absolutely love the beaches in Hawaii, they are gorgeous. There was actually a black sand beach, which was amazing to look at. I definitely would love to go again.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I glanced over, saw her, did one of those "don't label me a pedophile" head jerks and got outta there.
    That's hillarious.

You beach haters should go to Pismo sometime. I absolutely love going to Pismo. Best beach ever. Hook up a trailer and a couple of ATV's, hit the dunes, swim, play football, and top it off with a bonfire at night. There's nothing like it.