Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

  1. #1
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Warning: You people who think he's God's gift to the point guard position won't like Brunner's characterization of him.

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/question_050713.html

    QUESTION
    OF THE DAY

    Conrad Brunner


    Q. It's been told, especially in Israel, that President Larry Bird has shown a lot of interest in Sarunas Jasikevicius, the point guard of Macabi Tel-Aviv (the Israeli and European champions), and even had a meeting with him. In your opinion, can Sarunas play for the Indiana Pacers next year? I know that he played an excellent game against the USA in the Olympics, but can he play defense against all of the American point guards? (From Yoav in Israel)



    A. Bird does indeed like Jasikevicius, describing him as "the best player in Europe" and "one of the best competitors I've ever seen" in an interview with the Indianapolis Star. Bird has spent extensive time in Europe scouting talent, particularly Jasikevicius. Whether this will translate into a job with the Pacers remains to be seen.

    Because he is at the absolute peak of his career, Jasikevicius is attracting quite a bit of interest from NBA teams. Cleveland, Boston, Portland, Dallas and Utah all are reportedly in pursuit of the 6-4 shooting guard. In addition to his starring role for Lithuania in international competition (including 55 points in two games against the U.S.), Jasikevicius has led Maccabi Tel Aviv to consecutive Euroleague titles. Nearing age 30, it appears Jasikevicius (who played collegiately at Maryland) has decided the time is right to make his much-anticipated move to the NBA.

    Money will be a factor (his agent reportedly is seeking a three-year deal for at least $10 million), but Jasikevicius has said in numerous interviews his primary interest is in a winning environment. The Pacers certainly can offer that and, with Reggie Miller's retirement, there is both opportunity and need for a player who can have an impact at shooting guard. There are some questions about his ability to defend NBA players but it seems the greater questions should be about their ability to defend him.

    There have been no firm reports of any kind of agreement with any NBA team, and Jasikevicius certainly has the option of returning to Europe, where he is not just a star, but an icon. In other words, stay tuned, because this story is still developing.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  2. #2
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Shooting guard?

    Whuh?


  3. #3
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Actually, this make sense to me. Bird wants him as a specialist, plain and simple. If he can show he can defend in the NBA or run the offense, that's fine too.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  4. #4
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Isn't Bender going to play shooting guard?
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  5. #5
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shooting guard?

    Whuh?

    You know, like Jerry West......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  6. #6
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    I had posted this at the end of the "ANOTHER SARUNAS RUMOR" thread, but I guess nobody saw it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  7. #7
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm too busy trying to get MagicRat to give us free tickets to another Pacer game to read any of your trivial posts...

    Now THAT sounds legit!!!









    prick
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Damn Geez, have you ever had one of those "I wonder why I got out of bed days"? Go back to bed my friend.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  9. #9
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn Geez, have you ever had one of those "I wonder why I got out of bed days"? Go back to bed my friend.

    yeah, I kinda been wonderin' that myself.

    I took jr. out for lunch and even he was raggin' on me.....'til I played the "Drivers License" card.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  10. #10
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had posted this at the end of the "ANOTHER SARUNAS RUMOR" thread, but I guess nobody saw it.
    Everyone looks at the thread titles to see if something has already been posted. Posting a new article after an old one doesn't get seen by everyone.

    I posted an article from Bruno yesterday about Chris Thomas, and then later found another article by Bruno on Thomas so I changed the title of the thread to report that fact. I knew if I just posted it in the thread someone would just post it again.

  11. #11
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    I guess in a way I was "testing" the system (or maybe jerking the systems chain a bit) because I stated that I was posting it there in order to avoid starting another thread about the guy. It took about 2 hrs.











    I too can be a prick
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  12. #12
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Talking Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now THAT sounds legit!!!









    prick
    He calls me that all the time too, but my names not Rick, and he spells it with a P too. (SHAKING HEAD) I never heard of Rick being spelled that way until Geeze did it. I just put it down to a Geezer idiosyncrasy.




    (giggle, giggle, snort)

  13. #13
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess in a way I was "testing" the system (or maybe jerking the systems chain a bit) because I stated that I was posting it there in order to avoid starting another thread about the guy. It took about 2 hrs.











    I too can be a prick
    Hmmm, Rick Geezer . . . I didn't know that.

  14. #14
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He calls me that all the time too, but my names not Rick, and he spells it with a P too. (SHAKING HEAD) I never heard of Rick being spelled that way until Geeze did it. I just put it down to a Geezer idiosyncrasy.

    Nah, I just had my spell checker looked at, it's working fine.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  15. #15
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had wondered if that was the case. When we went to the Pacer game last year, he kept pronouncing my name "Hey Dumbass", when clearly the "D" is silent.


    I can't think of anything to say.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  16. #16
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Hey, now that I know who you guys are: Why don't you guys like Creed or any of the bands Hicks likes?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  17. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    My instincts tell me stay away from this guy

  18. #18
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My instincts tell me stay away from this guy


    My end stinks too, but it don't tell me which basketball players to hire.







    ta da bump.......I'll be here all week, folks. DON'T FORGET TO TIP YOUR WAITRESS!!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  19. #19
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My instincts tell me stay away from this guy

    Seriously, I can understand your reluctance to get on his bandwagon UB. But man, after last season aren't we OWED ONE????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  20. #20
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, now that I know who you guys are: Why don't you guys like Creed or any of the bands Hicks likes?

    I never held anybody's Creed, color, or Religion against them. How can you say I hate them?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  21. #21
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never held anybody's Creed, color, or Religion against them. How can you say I hate them?
    Okay, who are you and what did you do with Geezer?

    Is that you Geezer Jr. or Geezeret?

  22. #22
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,265
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, who are you and what did you do with Geezer?

    Is that you Geezer Jr. or Geezeret?

    well alright, there was that time some liberals came into town......


    but that was just once!
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  23. #23
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My instincts tell me stay away from this guy
    Well, that cuts it. I'm officially against this guy coming here. Anybody asks why, I can just blame UB.

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  24. #24
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: Conrad QotD: Bruno on Saras

    Is it bc he's a shooting guard in a cavs uniform.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •