Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bird on Kwame Trade

Default Re: Bird on Kwame Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A league source said yesterday that the Wizards have scheduled a meeting this weekend with free agent forward Donyell Marshall, who averaged 11.5 points and 6.6 rebounds for the Toronto Raptors last season. Marshall, 32,
    The Indiana Pacers, New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks have also shown interest in Brown. According to league sources, the Pacers and the Wizards discussed a deal that would have sent shooting guard Freddie Jones and forward Jeff Foster to Washington. Indiana, however, is no longer interested in Brown.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/
    That's the key word here gentlemen. I believe even though Freddie improved his shot it is still considered flat (not my words) by someone who knows. Fred is seen as someone who can play, but can't quite shake that tweener label.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I would gamble one role player (especially a guard) on a contending team for Kwambe not two. At that point you start to risk changing the team's toughness and chemistry for a weak minded player with potential.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    That's the key word here gentlemen. I believe even though Freddie improved his shot it is still considered flat (not my words) by someone who knows. Fred is seen as someone who can play, but can't quite shake that tweener label.

You been talkin' to Billy again????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    You been talkin' to Billy again????
    Not sure I follow this. Madison, Clinton, or Gates?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

Not sure I follow this. Madison, Clinton, or Gates?

Bill Madison???????????? How the heck old are you??????????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Now Geez, Madison was in reference to the Adam Sandler movie. Now you on the other hand knew Dolly didn't you?

Why? What changed? We discussed the deal, it doesn't hint that it was to expensive IOO.....to the contrary it says: INDIANA ....IS NO LONGER INTERESTED IN BROWN.

Why? What changed? It makes me wonder if there might be something else in the fire, a better deal elsewhere that they know they can and want to do.
    (Then again maybe I'm seeing those men in black suits all over the place)
    What changed? It could be as simple as we know other teams are offering more than we want to give.

The comprehension of some writers leads me to the conclusion that they could actually report something not true too.

As for trading Foster, he wasn't mentioned by Bird as being one of the core. That being JO, Ron, Jax, and Tins. However, what do we have at center? An aging DD, an unproven Harrison, and Pollard who has back problems. I see no way Bird trades are most viable center unless we get one back. Thus I could see Foster going for Mags, but not Brown.

[B]WE ALSO SAID THAT WE WEREN'T GOING TO TRADE JALEN ROSE JUST A DAY OR TWO BEFORE WE TRADED HIM......AS FOR KWAME I THINK THE WIZARDS ARE GIVING UP TO SOON WITH THE HELP OF THE COACHES AND JO I THINK KWAME WOULD THRIVE HERE, BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I WOULD GIVE UP TWO PROVEN PLAYERS FOR ONE POTENTIAL STAR.......I WOULDN'T DO THE TRADE RUMORED...MAYBE IF WASHINGTON THREW IN A CONDITIONAL FIRST ROUNDER TO GO WITH IT

Mood

Now Geez, Madison was in reference to the Adam Sandler movie. Now you on the other hand knew Dolly didn't you?
    ya know Red,White, and Blue.....sometimes yer as bigga prick as Will Galen.

You guys are all a bunch of conspiracy theorists. Maybe we're going to trade Freddie for the rights to Manute Bol and Gheorge Murasan(sp) instead of Kwame
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    You guys are all a bunch of conspiracy theorists.
    The brain's missing, there were 4 shots heard on police radios, and there is no way a single bullet did that much damage FTC.

Mood

The brain's missing, there were 4 shots heard on police radios, and there is no way a single bullet did that much damage FTC.

FTC???? Federal Trade Commission? What do they investigate, other than Martha Stewart?

FTC???? Federal Trade Commission? What do they investigate, other than Martha Stewart?
    Got me wondering now Geez. I thought aceace was FireTheCoach in another life time? Guess it's a good thing I've got a Drs.' appointment in an hour. Now besides checking for high blood pressure and sugar he can check to see if I have any brain waves.

Mood

Got me wondering now Geez. I thought aceace was FireTheCoach in another life time? Guess it's a good thing I've got a Drs.' appointment in an hour. Now besides checking for high blood pressure and sugar he can check to see if I have any brain waves.

Ya know....you may just be right about FTC. Sorry, I thought that that was a quote from the FTC. I'm the brain-dead one.

Quick Peck, Get the shock paddles out for geezer, the brain waves have started to fade!

I think FTC is still FTC....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Fire the coach is listed on the members list still. Posted on July 4th 2005 last....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just a guess on my part, but I don't think the Pacers are interested because it takes Foster to get the trade done, rather than one of Croshere or maybe Bender.

The Pacers would not want to part with Foster. They would do so only if a very special trade presented itself. And a trade for potential certainly doesn't qualify.

What this trade would leave the Pacers with would be 2 years of Bender and Croshere left ($16M next year, $18.5M in 2006-2007) plus the contract of Kwame Brown at about $5M or so per year.

That's $23.5M next season on large contracts of either players with potential or players that will not see many minutes. I think that is already a ridiculous amount at $16M, let alone $23.5M.

Now, if it is possible to exchange one of the our two bad contracts in some kind of trade for Brown, then go for it. That way, we have nothing to lose. And, if it's Croshere we're talking about, at least the Wizards would be getting a player that does just fine, as long as he starts. That would seem to be a win-win situation for the trade, if you ask me.

But you pick up Brown, and find out that MJ was right about him, and we don't include either of the two bad contracts, then we've potentially made our current mess even bigger since we would be eating $23M+ the next two seasons.

Tim

Thanks for posting that UB. SOmething I noticed (Sam Spade here), re-read this paragraph:

The Indiana Pacers, New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks have also shown interest in Brown. According to league sources, the Pacers and the Wizards discussed a deal that would have sent shooting guard Freddie Jones and forward Jeff Foster to Washington. Indiana, however, is no longer interested in Brown.

Now, re-read the last sentence...maybe last two.

Indiana, however, is no longer interested in Brown.

Why? What changed? We discussed the deal, it doesn't hint that it was to expensive IOO.....to the contrary it says: INDIANA ....IS NO LONGER INTERESTED IN BROWN.

Why? What changed? It makes me wonder if there might be something else in the fire, a better deal elsewhere that they know they can and want to do.
    (Then again maybe I'm seeing those men in black suits all over the place)

What happened is Indiana backed out, deciding they are not getting into a bidding war for a kid they still have to develop.

I still think Kwame will end up in NY, he may take a significant paycut to do it.
    If Kwame and Isiah can get together and talk, they will see they need each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    If Kwame and Isiah can get together and talk, they will see they need each other.
    To further destroy each other's careers?