Thread: New rumor about Sarunas......

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default New rumor about Sarunas......

I stumbled across a post on the Pacers board at Indysports.net, and it was talking about Sarunas, and someone claimed to have some insider info about him, and saying he would be willing to sign with the Pacers, if they came within 700k of other offers.

Now, I know most stuff like this looks bogus, but this one feels a little different.

The person making these claims on this post is the moderator there, and also posts at RATS, and never seemed like a troll on there.

He also says he is a soccer player in Australia, and he has the same agent as Sarunas, and that is his source.

Here is the link below, take a look at it, the person who's posts I'm referring to is Blahzay, and they are the posts in red, scroll down a few from the top top see them.

Now, I'm not saying this is going to happen 100%, but it looked interesting to me enough to see what everyone thought of it, and would make for some interesting conversation.

So take a look at the posts in that thread, and see if it makes you feel any differently about our chances of signing Sarunas, even with Cleveland still having plenty of cap space, I think if they offer him around 3 mil per year, and we can come close to that, he could be signed here, but everything is just a guess at this point.

http://www.indysports.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=180

Default Re: New rumor about Sarunas......

When did Sarunas become super fast? I thought he was slow, not a good defender and not a true point?

It doesn't matter. He'll never beat our Tinsley.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Arrow Why I don't think this is factual:

A good agent wouldn't talk to a client about another client's situation...

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Why I don't think this is factual:

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A good agent wouldn't talk to a client about another client's situation...
    Doesn't sound like this is a good agent then.

I think he's full a shyte.... sounds like he knows nothing or he's a 12 year old pro soccer player.. surely he'd play in Yank Land for more money if he's american born..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Don't know what to think. Hopefully, he'll sign here.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I think he's probably on to something. Let's hope it all works out.

I like Sarunanas's confidence, he thinks he will start after 20 games anywhere. Of course, with Tinsley that could be of what I think Peck calls Jamaal's 'tootsies.'

The stuff where he, as a mod, was fidgeting with the word changers was pretty funny.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I predict KStat will be by any second now to crap on any and all prospects of the Pacers landing Saras. Again. Yawn....

Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    I predict KStat will be by any second now to crap on any and all prospects of the Pacers landing Saras.
    I thought the Cavs already signed him?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I don't care too much one way or another, I think we're fine the way we are
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    I don't care too much one way or another, I think we're fine the way we are
    Damn Straight! I'm not sure this guy would even get minutes on this team so why would be even bother with him? Aren't we paying our PG's enough money already?!?!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerNthaDesert
    Aren't we paying our PG's enough money already?!?!
    That's not the question we should be asking. The question should be "Are we paying the right point guards?"

PacerNthaDesert

Quote Originally Posted by travmil
    That's not the question we should be asking. The question should be "Are we paying the right point guards?"

I agree we are paying AJ WAY too much money but we got a bargain for Jamaal.

Mood

Not sure at 5.4 mil and higher each year is a bargain if Tinsley is hurt every year at playoff time.

If Jamaal plays as he did before his injury he's a top level point guard. But we need him to stay healthy.

As for Sarunas , I think Pacers may get him for less than the Cavs if he is serious about wanting to play for a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    I think he's full a shyte.... sounds like he knows nothing or he's a 12 year old pro soccer player.. surely he'd play in Yank Land for more money if he's american born..
    A: what makes you think pro football (soccer) players can get more money in the US then elsewhere in the world?
    (answer: in actual fact the worst/worst paid players play in the USA, the real money is in Europe, but Aus and certain Arab countries still pay a lot more thne most US teams)
    B: a 12 year old in the EU will make about $ 50 K plus free housing, schooling etc. IF he's talented.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Very interesting read.

Here is a link to Octagon Sports and some of their clients. www.octagon.com/clients/athletes.php
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I'm sure I'll get mocked for this, but I would be way more excited if we got Jamison Brewer back and we would have an answer when guys like Starbury and Iverson are strolling the paint with impunity. Why do we have to have a creator when Ron and JO are on the floor anyway, when we initiate the offense through one of them 95% of the time. Reggie's last game against the Knicks stands as one of the worst displays of point guard defense ever. And it sounds as if Saras would make our current points look like all NBA defenders in comparison.
    BTW, how does a professional soccer player from Australia come to be a moderator on the indysports board?

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by McClintic Sphere
    I'm sure I'll get mocked for this, but I would be way more excited if we got Jamison Brewer back and we would have an answer when guys like Starbury and Iverson are strolling the paint with impunity. Why do we have to have a creator when Ron and JO are on the floor anyway, when we initiate the offense through one of them 95% of the time. Reggie's last game against the Knicks stands as one of the worst displays of point guard defense ever. And it sounds as if Saras would make our current points look like all NBA defenders in comparison.
    BTW, how does a professional soccer player from Australia come to be a moderator on the indysports board?
    I've talked with him since he first showed up on the scene. He got to be a mod legit...what dif does it matter where he is located when you're talking the 'net? Look where Able is located and he hosts THIS site.
    BTW, I asked him some background questions and he's replied to them back on the INDYSPORTSNET site.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Saras has a web site devoted to him and on the start up page there is an article from the Indy Star talking about how Larry Bird wants him. Looks like to me that he really does want to play for the Pacers. It is a Lithuanian based site. Here is the link. http://www.jasikevicius.com/

If you skip around on it, you will find cool info. I guess I am just big nibs#it or just curious about where he will play next year. I remember reading last spring that Larry Bird was scouting in Europe for "some player" and thinking "why would you leave the Pacers during their run to make the playoffs?" If it was to go see this guy, then I can understand. I hope LB knows what he is doing. This guy is a hot tamale to the females in Europe. If my avatar meets your avatar, Geez, then maybe he will come to Indy!

Gamble

Well with Haslem signed to the Heat Cavs have enough money for a pg.
    If they want Sars then thats it.

Diesel

I just hope Bird hasn't put all his eggs in one basket reguarding Saras. We obvioulsy need to upgrade the pg position incase Tinsley goes down for a long period of time. I would rather us go after Earl Watson and Antonio Daniels. There NBA proven and both can play big minutes and are excellent defenders. I don't know if they will sign for the Mid level but if they are willing I would rather go after them then Saras.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

In an effort to NOT start yet another thread about him, here is what Bruno has to say today..................

Q. It's been told, especially in Israel, that President Larry Bird has shown a lot of interest in Sarunas Jasikevicius, the point guard of Maccabi Tel-Aviv (the Israeli and European champions), and even had a meeting with him. In your opinion, can Sarunas play for the Indiana Pacers next year? I know that he played an excellent game against the USA in the Olympics, but can he play defense against all of the American point guards? (From Yoav in Israel)

A. Bird does indeed like Jasikevicius, describing him as "the best player in Europe" and "one of the best competitors I've ever seen" in an interview with The Indianapolis Star. Bird has spent extensive time in Europe scouting talent, particularly Jasikevicius. Whether this will translate into a job with the Pacers remains to be seen.

Because he is at the absolute peak of his career, Jasikevicius is attracting quite a bit of interest from NBA teams. Cleveland, Boston, Portland, Dallas and Utah all are reportedly in pursuit of the 6-4 shooting guard. In addition to his starring role for Lithuania in international competition (including 55 points in two games against the U.S.), Jasikevicius has led Maccabi Tel Aviv to consecutive Euroleague titles. Nearing age 30, it appears Jasikevicius (who played collegiately at Maryland) has decided the time is right to make his much-anticipated move to the NBA.

Money will be a factor (his agent reportedly is seeking a three-year deal for at least $10 million), but Jasikevicius has said in numerous interviews his primary interest is in a winning environment. The Pacers certainly can offer that and, with Reggie Miller's retirement, there is both opportunity and need for a player who can have an impact at shooting guard. There are some questions about his ability to defend NBA players but it seems the greater questions should be about their ability to defend him.

There have been no firm reports of any kind of agreement with any NBA team, and Jasikevicius certainly has the option of returning to Europe, where he is not just a star, but an icon. In other words, stay tuned, because this story is still developing.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..