Quote Originally Posted by Bball
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Ummmm from my point of view ADMITTING he's been to therapy would be a GOOD marketing move. As LA was getting at, it helps to show he knows he was in the wrong.

But I just had to highlight this:
.the misguided stereotypes that many in society put on those that go to therapy is real...

The man charged into the stands, has been looked at as something between a loose cannon and medically 'not quite right in the head' almost his whole NBA career, a technical foul magent, won a TKO over a Hidef camera, has been suspended numerous times including a season long suspension.... And you think Artest would have a marketing problem (and/or a problem with stereotyping) if he admitted to taking therapy?

And I dispute the 'fact' that people in therapy are all that looked down upon anyway.

The first step is admitting you have a problem and I personally would respect Artest MORE if he fessed up to the therapy sessions. Pretending he never had them simply worries me in that he hasn't fully taken responsibility for his actions.... IOW, he hasn't 'gotten it'.

And that said, I doubt therapy is a magic bullet or the be all-end all 'fix' to his problem (per se')... but it would show he is trying...

Not admitting to it makes me question whether it truly has gotten thru to him.

-Bball
this post makes it quite apparent who doesnt get it....

satisfying u that he gets it isnt part of the program....noone cares whether u think he gets it....ur a fan who, by his comments makes it quite apparent that you will always be prejudiced against him....so for those people noone really cares enuff to do things just to pacify you...

the only way things will ever change in the way that he is perceived is by behavior that shows that things have changed....not unlike the season 2 years ago...

announcing hes gone to therapy wont change that....as u said, even then u dont think that will really help, so why in the hell should he admit something that is very, very private, that by your own admission, wont make a difference??????

and if u think the nba wants to add to the stigma of ron artest by having the cloud of him seeing a shrink, then ur badly mistaken....

they want to use what has happened as a drawing card....but they dont want to add to the circus by throwing the shrink card into the mix....the last thing they want is a debate regarding whether someone with his history that is now in therapy should be allowed on the court...that opens up a whole new can of worms, one they dont want any part of....

im sorry if ur personal feelings make it impossible to see the real facts and how they relate to this whole thing....while the issue is incredibly private and is noones business, especially someone like u....the marketing issues affect the nba as a whole....and if u dont see the validity of keeping that out of the headlines then im sorry, but as i alluded to earlier, its not ron that doesnt get it...