Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88

Thread: Reggie on ESPN Radio

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Now!
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  2. #2
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Please keep us informed.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  3. #3

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Reggie is saying that he knows for a fact that Ron went to therapy, and it was a requirement to go through therapy to get back in the league, he said that to Kravitz to keep his "street cred". Said its not time to trade Ron, because he is one of the top 20 players in the league, and they've dealt with all this, why deal him now.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  4. #4
    Member scar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Milford, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,043
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Has he said he's going to come back and that he's going to get David Stern in the balls?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Saying he would resign Shaq for 5 years, that he hasn't been healthy since 2000. Says Dwayne is the man because Shaq created the space to make him the man.

    Talked a bit about Larry Brown, nothing too informative.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Reggie and Dan are talking about who is more ghetto, himself or Dan. Dan says Reggie is Hollywood, and Dan is street because he is in Detroit, hanging with Eminem. Reggie says American League 8, National League 5.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  7. #7
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    1) Do they have Reggie on contract or something? He's on like weekly.

    2)Grace must be sick or something today. Hope you feel better Grace.

  8. #8
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Do they have Reggie on contract or something? He's on like weekly.

    2)Grace must be sick or something today. Hope you feel better Grace.
    I'll only listen to The Dan Patrick Show if Dan isn't there. Yes, I'd like to listen to Reggie, but as I've said before every time Reggie is on there he gets stupider by the minute.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    That's it.
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

  10. #10
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    The last thing Ron Artest should be worried about is his street cred.

    Thanks TruWarier for the update.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  11. #11
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    I don't understand. If he knows that Artest doesn't want people to know he has had therapy, why would he say this? Reggie...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  12. #12
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand. If he knows that Artest doesn't want people to know he has had therapy, why would he say this? Reggie...
    Same **** I said. ****ed Up Reggie. Now the media will get a hold of this and Ron will be asked about it all the damn time.

  13. #13
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same **** I said. ****ed Up Reggie. Now the media will get a hold of this and Ron will be asked about it all the damn time.
    Ron will then be presented with a choice. He would either have to say that Reggie lied, which might not go over well, or admit to it.

    "Next question, please" might be the best choice in that situation actually.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  14. #14
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    i think that would be one of those questions that u always misdirect and throw a bunch of humor at....

    on a sidenote....probably did decrease the odds of reggie coming back, if there were any....have a feeling pacers brass wont appreciate it too much...some things should be kept in house....file this in the column with crosheres nytimes comments...

    as ive said before....anyone that believes that ron hasnt gone to therapy....that david stern, donnie walsh and larry bird would allow him back without that being a prerequisite.....well....thats simply crazy

    but its a very private matter....and a player should have that as a privilege.....

    i also have a feeling that was a bit of a zinger for artest and david stern-from reggie....neither one of them can be too happy with that comment...and that was like reggie just getting a little jab in there to say, 'hey, remember me and what happened?'

  15. #15
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Foretaz - if Reggie made the call, the top brass would dynamite walls to make space for him in the locker room - even if players were standing in the way. (They might want the car back, though.)

    The fact that Ron is afraid of what people might think if they knew he went to therapy is just one more reason to suspect that he still hasn't "gotten it".

  16. #16

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Going to therapy isn't a big deal. I would be more embarassed about charging into the stands.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    I actually think that Ron's rehabilitation or changing, if you will, will be taken more serious now that Reggie has said this,I think he said it to defend Ron, not to start something.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  18. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Not to turn this into another pro-Artest vs. Anti-Artest thread, but the one man who should "hate" Ron more than anyone (Reggie, who many people said lost a shot at the ring because of the brawl) is STILL in Ron's corner. Kinda tells 'ya something, don't it?

  19. #19
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,559

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    As someone has speculated previously, I think the reason that Ron is stating that he didn't go into therapy is to avoid any of the legal issues that might be associated with this. He is sticking with the 'personal improvement' line, which could be taken to mean a lot of different things including therapy, but wont exacerbate any of the legal proceedings, criminal or civil, that are still taking place.

  20. #20
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As someone has speculated previously, I think the reason that Ron is stating that he didn't go into therapy is to avoid any of the legal issues that might be associated with this. He is sticking with the 'personal improvement' line, which could be taken to mean a lot of different things including therapy, but wont exacerbate any of the legal proceedings, criminal or civil, that are still taking place.
    He's not Kenny Rodgers where there is something to lose. The legality of
    it shouldn't matter in the context of therapy and saying you had it.
    I am sure he wants to keep it private for image reasons. Saying your from the
    ghetto and then saying i am going to therapy doesn't mix well. HOw many
    hard nose ghetto folk you know got them some nice therapy. I mean
    come on...Thats not going to sell records.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    I think that it is a sad statment on society if Ron somehow feels there is any reason not to say I am going to therapy. Were I to lose millions of dollars because of my temper I would be the first to admit that my behavior or my job needs to change.

    Furthermore as a man who makes millions of dollars because he is a public figure I would wish he had the courage to say that he is getting profesional help as a way to make therapy more acceptable for those he feels he has to hid it from.

  22. #22
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that it is a sad statment on society if Ron somehow feels there is any reason not to say I am going to therapy. Were I to lose millions of dollars because of my temper I would be the first to admit that my behavior or my job needs to change.

    Furthermore as a man who makes millions of dollars because he is a public figure I would wish he had the courage to say that he is getting profesional help as a way to make therapy more acceptable for those he feels he has to hid it from.

    Books and movies reveal a lot of societies attitude, whether it paints it for them, or just reveals them is for a different discussion though.

    Go out and watch a movie that has a character who goes to therapy in it. Then come back and tell me if therapy is viewed as a positive or a negative.

    Just because Ron is a professional basketball player, doesn't mean he should have to air every piece of dirty laundry he has, to benefit fan's minds. It's not any of your business to know if he sees a therapist, nor is it any of mine to know if you do. There's quite a lot of people that do just fine getting over things by themselves after a rude wake up call, then there's others that need help. Why don't we wait to pass judgement on a new script, instead of rushing to uninformed conclusions.

  23. #23
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,147

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that it is a sad statment on society if Ron somehow feels there is any reason not to say I am going to therapy. Were I to lose millions of dollars because of my temper I would be the first to admit that my behavior or my job needs to change.

    Furthermore as a man who makes millions of dollars because he is a public figure I would wish he had the courage to say that he is getting profesional help as a way to make therapy more acceptable for those he feels he has to hid it from.
    Thank you! I wish I could've made this point so succinctly.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  24. #24
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that it is a sad statment on society if Ron somehow feels there is any reason not to say I am going to therapy. Were I to lose millions of dollars because of my temper I would be the first to admit that my behavior or my job needs to change.
    ur missing the point....totally....i wont even go into the fact of whether he lost millions due to his temper...thats been rehashed....the point is u might be the first to admit it...but in no way should u feel compelled to share that decision with the world...ur boss? yes...ur closest of close relatives? yes....the whole friggen world? no...no way...and u know it...

    Furthermore as a man who makes millions of dollars because he is a public figure I would wish he had the courage to say that he is getting profesional help as a way to make therapy more acceptable for those he feels he has to hid it from.
    its not about courage....sharing ur most intimate secrets of ur personal life doesnt make u courageous....

    im sure there are lots of people that would like stars to come out and admit they have the same problems that alot of society does....

    but just because they make millions and are in the public spotlight, doesnt mean they have to open up their personal life for the world to see...

    he gets paid millions to play basketball....not to be a public advocate and example for the pros and cons of therapy....one could argue that him coming out and admitting it could do as much harm as it could good....the naysayers would say, "if thats what therapy does, i want no part of it"....its a no win situation...and why private lives should be kept private, like it or not....

  25. #25

    Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ur missing the point....totally....

    its not about courage....sharing ur most intimate secrets of ur personal life doesnt make u courageous....

    he gets paid millions to play basketball....not to be a public advocate and example for the pros and cons of therapy....one could argue that him coming out and admitting it could do as much harm as it could good....the naysayers would say, "if thats what therapy does, i want no part of it"....its a no win situation...and why private lives should be kept private, like it or not....
    1)Telling people they totally miss the point isn't really helpful in arguing your point or furthering dialogue. When you start a response that way it tells me I saw what you wrote and either you think I'm stupid or you've made little effort to see my point. I don't believe that either of those messages were what you were trying to communicate.

    2)I completely disagree with the idea that a person admitting that they have a problem and getting help for it has nothing to do with courage. If that is how you truely feel then perhaps that is why we disagree.

    3)This is a bit off subject on my part but NBA players do not make thier money because they play basketball. If simply playing basketball earned money the Milkan's family would have been able to afford his burrial costs.

    NBA players make money because people pay to watch them play basketball and take an interest in thier personalities. This is especially true in the star driven promotions of the NBA.

    Bottom line is that Ron makes millions for being in the public eye. He is under no obligation to use that fame for good causes. (Ron in fact does and is a very generous person.) However, in this case I think he made a mistake. He should have had an answer ready that wasn't a lie.

    By the way I wish people who think that therapy is a personal issue would apply that same logic to drug use, law infractions, personalities and sex lives. Those issues usually aren't said to be out of bounds and the only reason I think that in this case it is different is that Ron is a Pacer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •