Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reggie on ESPN Radio

Default Reggie on ESPN Radio

Now!
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reggie on ESPN Radio

Please keep us informed.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Reggie is saying that he knows for a fact that Ron went to therapy, and it was a requirement to go through therapy to get back in the league, he said that to Kravitz to keep his "street cred". Said its not time to trade Ron, because he is one of the top 20 players in the league, and they've dealt with all this, why deal him now.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Has he said he's going to come back and that he's going to get David Stern in the balls?

1) Do they have Reggie on contract or something? He's on like weekly.

2)Grace must be sick or something today. Hope you feel better Grace.

Saying he would resign Shaq for 5 years, that he hasn't been healthy since 2000. Says Dwayne is the man because Shaq created the space to make him the man.

Talked a bit about Larry Brown, nothing too informative.

Reggie and Dan are talking about who is more ghetto, himself or Dan. Dan says Reggie is Hollywood, and Dan is street because he is in Detroit, hanging with Eminem. Reggie says American League 8, National League 5.

That's it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The last thing Ron Artest should be worried about is his street cred.

Thanks TruWarier for the update.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

I don't understand. If he knows that Artest doesn't want people to know he has had therapy, why would he say this? Reggie...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand. If he knows that Artest doesn't want people to know he has had therapy, why would he say this? Reggie...
    Same **** I said. ****ed Up Reggie. Now the media will get a hold of this and Ron will be asked about it all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Same **** I said. ****ed Up Reggie. Now the media will get a hold of this and Ron will be asked about it all the damn time.
    Ron will then be presented with a choice. He would either have to say that Reggie lied, which might not go over well, or admit to it.

"Next question, please" might be the best choice in that situation actually.

foretaz

i think that would be one of those questions that u always misdirect and throw a bunch of humor at....

on a sidenote....probably did decrease the odds of reggie coming back, if there were any....have a feeling pacers brass wont appreciate it too much...some things should be kept in house....file this in the column with crosheres nytimes comments...

as ive said before....anyone that believes that ron hasnt gone to therapy....that david stern, donnie walsh and larry bird would allow him back without that being a prerequisite.....well....thats simply crazy

but its a very private matter....and a player should have that as a privilege.....

i also have a feeling that was a bit of a zinger for artest and david stern-from reggie....neither one of them can be too happy with that comment...and that was like reggie just getting a little jab in there to say, 'hey, remember me and what happened?'

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Foretaz - if Reggie made the call, the top brass would dynamite walls to make space for him in the locker room - even if players were standing in the way. (They might want the car back, though.)

The fact that Ron is afraid of what people might think if they knew he went to therapy is just one more reason to suspect that he still hasn't "gotten it".

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Foretaz - if Reggie made the call, the top brass would dynamite walls to make space for him in the locker room - even if players were standing in the way. (They might want the car back, though.)

The fact that Ron is afraid of what people might think if they knew he went to therapy is just one more reason to suspect that he still hasn't "gotten it".
    ummm....the misguided stereotypes that many in society put on those that go to therapy is real...

from a marketing standpoint, having this out there does noone any good....

but most importantly, its a very private manner....its noones business....

no matter what sort of public figure you are, it should be off limits.....its very private and very personal.....i love reggie, but thats a major no no.....reggies a class guy, and im sure he meant no harm....i didnt hear the interview, but ive listened to many of the patrick show interviews....hes just talking and saying whatever in a very relaxed manner....but he shouldnt have said it....

and reggie being the class guy, i hope he calls ron and apologizes....because it was wrong...

and just for the record....reggie said that might be the reason why ron would deny it....ron hasnt said anything about it.....so to say that ron hasnt gotten it.....is a bit of a stretch, not to mention inaccurate....

Going to therapy isn't a big deal. I would be more embarassed about charging into the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles

I disagree. I think that is part of his personal life, and I think others should respect his decision to keep that private.

I also think that it is pretty natural to be ashamed of needing counseling, I don't think it makes him any different than everybody else in that aspect.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    ummm....the misguided stereotypes that many in society put on those that go to therapy is real...

no matter what sort of public figure you are, it should be off limits.....its very private and very personal.....i love reggie, but thats a major no no.....reggies a class guy, and im sure he meant no harm....i didnt hear the interview, but ive listened to many of the patrick show interviews....hes just talking and saying whatever in a very relaxed manner....but he shouldnt have said it....

and reggie being the class guy, i hope he calls ron and apologizes....because it was wrong...

and just for the record....reggie said that might be the reason why ron would deny it....ron hasnt said anything about it.....so to say that ron hasnt gotten it.....is a bit of a stretch, not to mention inaccurate....
    I'll give you all that and I stand corrected.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I disagree. I think that is part of his personal life, and I think others should respect his decision to keep that private.

I also think that it is pretty natural to be ashamed of needing counseling, I don't think it makes him any different than everybody else in that aspect.

It was private info (The P's mgmnt and his Dr's legally couldn't answer the question...HIPA(sp) laws). Reggie outing him was wrong. Ron telling an obvious lie was ill-advised. A simple "Next question" is all that is needed.

It was tabloid journalism.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

I actually think that Ron's rehabilitation or changing, if you will, will be taken more serious now that Reggie has said this,I think he said it to defend Ron, not to start something.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to turn this into another pro-Artest vs. Anti-Artest thread, but the one man who should "hate" Ron more than anyone (Reggie, who many people said lost a shot at the ring because of the brawl) is STILL in Ron's corner. Kinda tells 'ya something, don't it?

As someone has speculated previously, I think the reason that Ron is stating that he didn't go into therapy is to avoid any of the legal issues that might be associated with this. He is sticking with the 'personal improvement' line, which could be taken to mean a lot of different things including therapy, but wont exacerbate any of the legal proceedings, criminal or civil, that are still taking place.

Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    As someone has speculated previously, I think the reason that Ron is stating that he didn't go into therapy is to avoid any of the legal issues that might be associated with this. He is sticking with the 'personal improvement' line, which could be taken to mean a lot of different things including therapy, but wont exacerbate any of the legal proceedings, criminal or civil, that are still taking place.
    He's not Kenny Rodgers where there is something to lose. The legality of
    it shouldn't matter in the context of therapy and saying you had it.
    I am sure he wants to keep it private for image reasons. Saying your from the
    ghetto and then saying i am going to therapy doesn't mix well. HOw many
    hard nose ghetto folk you know got them some nice therapy. I mean
    come on...Thats not going to sell records.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    1) Do they have Reggie on contract or something? He's on like weekly.

2)Grace must be sick or something today. Hope you feel better Grace.
    I'll only listen to The Dan Patrick Show if Dan isn't there. Yes, I'd like to listen to Reggie, but as I've said before every time Reggie is on there he gets stupider by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz

Ummmm from my point of view ADMITTING he's been to therapy would be a GOOD marketing move. As LA was getting at, it helps to show he knows he was in the wrong.

But I just had to highlight this:
    .the misguided stereotypes that many in society put on those that go to therapy is real...

The man charged into the stands, has been looked at as something between a loose cannon and medically 'not quite right in the head' almost his whole NBA career, a technical foul magent, won a TKO over a Hidef camera, has been suspended numerous times including a season long suspension.... And you think Artest would have a marketing problem (and/or a problem with stereotyping) if he admitted to taking therapy?

And I dispute the 'fact' that people in therapy are all that looked down upon anyway.

The first step is admitting you have a problem and I personally would respect Artest MORE if he fessed up to the therapy sessions. Pretending he never had them simply worries me in that he hasn't fully taken responsibility for his actions.... IOW, he hasn't 'gotten it'.

And that said, I doubt therapy is a magic bullet or the be all-end all 'fix' to his problem (per se')... but it would show he is trying...

Not admitting to it makes me question whether it truly has gotten thru to him.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden