Thread: Granger 23 Artest 15

Default Granger 23 Artest 15

From the pics I have seen. Granger and Artest made wise decisions. I think trading Artest would be horrible right now. If he screws up again you could get out of his contract 100% and owe nothing. One of them "conduct detrimental to the team" clauses. So what do we have to lose Granger will be ready
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Harmonica

Default Re: Granger 23 Artest 15

So what exactly is the topic of this thread? First you're talking about their numbers, then it's about trading Ron, then it's about his contract and how we have nothing to lose because we have Granger.

I think trading Artest would be a mistake regardless, never get the value out of him to match his potential. I think he is worth the risk that maybe he has grown up a bit and they get his meds right. When he is playing he is a top player, but no one is going to give us enough to make up for what he brings to the game. He screws up again like last year, then the Pacers should let him go and try to get his contract voided.

Quote Originally Posted by Shack80
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think trading Artest would be a mistake regardless, never get the value out of him to match his potential. I think he is worth the risk that maybe he has grown up a bit and they get his meds right. When he is playing he is a top player, but no one is going to give us enough to make up for what he brings to the game. He screws up again like last year, then the Pacers should let him go and try to get his contract voided.
    I read somewhere that the Pacers should keep him. If he gets banned for life he wouldn't be coming back and playing against us. Plus we wouldn't have to pay him so our payroll would go down.

Having our payroll go down strikes me as better than trading him for a bag of chips that would still be on the payroll. (grin)

It was mostly about Artst picking 15 and going back to his roots. He's had to learn his lesson and he's top 15 player. How could you lose 5 million in salary and not learn.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was mostly about Artst picking 15 and going back to his roots. He's had to learn his lesson and he's top 15 player. How could you lose 5 million in salary and not learn.

there is a whole group of people out there that routinely lose jobs because of their inability to accept the "norm". Yet they just as oftern have an excuse of why it was sombody else's fault. IOW if it wasn't thier fault there is nothing to learn from it. I have a son in prison who is one of these people.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..