Thread: Ebay Cheater

Default Ebay Cheater

I just won 5 products on ebay 3-4 weeks ago and paid for them the following day I won them. Well I still haven't recieved anything so I emailed the seller about the missing products.

The seller proceeds to tell me that he doesn't ship to Canada

This is after I emailed him before starting to bid on the products on whether he would ship to Canada.

Dear psa-looker,

After I bid on three of your items I noticed it said you don't ship outside of the United States. I'm really interested in buying these 3 items and would greatly appreaciate if you would ship it too Canada for me. I would glady add extra for shipping costs.

Reply: I WILL CHARGE $1 EXTRA EACH ITEM TO CANADA
    So he first tells me he will ship to canada, glady accepts my payment but now he has taken his word back and will not ship to Canada. I emailed him back with a copy of the above email and asked for a full refund into my paypal account.

If my request is ignored do I have any other course of action? It was only 23 dollars (canadian) but I still want my money back.

Hopefully someone here can help me out. Thx

Default Re: Ebay Cheater

If you paid thru Paypal, you can file a dispute with them. Just make sure you have all of your documentation. I went through a similar experience, and it was resolved within a week.

Threaten to crap on his rating. Sometimes that does the trick (sometimes not).

missi

I had a big problem with an ebay cheater last year. He was a power seller, had a great rating but then sold dozens of PDAs that were junk. He received a bunch of negative feedback all at once. I tried to resolve the issue through ebay's mediation, he wouldn't respond to them or to anyone who had purchased the junk PDAs. Ebay finally said sorry, there was nothing they could do but suspend his account. They did, and he signed up the very next day with a new name and proceeded to sell the exact same item. I contacted ebay again, they said they couldn't prevent a person who was suspended from opening a new account. So much for ebay being a "Safe Harbor."

Well things turned out alright and he refunded my money today after request. Thx guys