Thread: Donyell Marshall?

Default Donyell Marshall?

A lot of people were talking about trying to get him at the trade deadline but I haven't heard anything about trying to get him now. Why not? The guy may be getting older but he would be a solid, consistant back-up PF for us and he would be pretty cheap. If we waive Cro maybe we could send Foster and Gill to Toronto in a S & T of $5 mil/yr for 3-4 years for Marshall and their 2nd rounder. Then we could sign Jay Williams or Chris Thomas to be our 3rd string PG.

This would be our roster:

C- DD/Harrison/Pollard
    PF- JO/Marshall/Bender
    SF- Artest/Granger/JJ
    SG- Jax/Fred
    PG- Tins/AJ/JWill or Thomas

Marshall can also play some SF and Granger some SG so it would give us a little more flexibility.

What can I tell you...I'm bored and this is the best thing I could think of that I haven't seen discussed. If it has I apologize.

Default Re: Donyell Marshall?

No way you give Foster for him. Foster is going to have to get the bulk of the minutes at C even if we do resign DD. DD is only going to be good for 18-20 min a night, and Harrison isn't going to be able to take the balance (Even with Pollard). Speaking of Pollard, send him instead I guess...but I would almost rather see what pickings might be had at the trade deadline.

Sports Logo

If a player on the level of Marshall is signed....JJ would have to be included in the trade. Even with the small # of minutes that Marshall would get as a backup SF....he will not get enough minute playing backup PF behind JONeal to justify the type of contract that he would get. Marshall is good enough and worth the $$$ if he is playing solid 6th-man minutes ( maybe between 25 to 30 mpg ). Having JJ in the lineup would only cut into his minutes.

I would LOVE having Marshall in the linenup....but I don't think he will endup in a Pacer Uniform...or would be worth the $$$ that he is going to command if he is only playing 15-20 mpg. Besides....I think Toronto can get a better S&T elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of Pollard, send him instead I guess...but I would almost rather see what pickings might be had at the trade deadline.
    That's why I didn't include Pollard in this proposal. I think he would be much more valuable at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by bread
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of people were talking about trying to get him at the trade deadline but I haven't heard anything about trying to get him now. Why not?
    Because, while he would have been a servicable backup PF in the short term, the main reason a good number of us wanted him was his ending contract.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!