Thread: An article about Granger...

Default An article about Granger...

Heres the link...just talks about him feeling at home in Indiana,and a little bit about Mel Daniels.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/new...s/12102208.htm

Default Re: An article about Granger...

Ok I'll ask it nicely once:

(and I know don't ^%$ me sites)

If you are pointing to an article, paste it to the post, WITH reference, and link!

But stop leaving links to "subscribe" sites, because that is just sickening, you read the article, small job of copy & paste.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Zesty

Top pick Granger feels at home with Pacers

Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS - Top draft pick Danny Granger says he feels right at home with the Indiana Pacers, thanks in large part to the team's director of player personnel, Mel Daniels.

Both are New Mexico products.

"Mel Daniels is a legend in New Mexico," Granger said after Sunday's workout at rookie and free agent camp at Conseco Fieldhouse. "He's one of the greatest players not only to play in the NBA, but definitely to play in New Mexico.

Daniels graduated to the American Basketball Association in 1967 and was acquired by Indiana from Minnesota in 1968. He was then traded to Memphis in 1974.

Along the way, he set numerous Pacers' ABA records, was a two-time league MVP and averaged 19.5 points and 15.9 rebounds for the Pacers. He has 24 seasons as part of the Pacers' coaching staff.

"It's really an honor just to sit and talk with him because we have New Mexico ties," the Pacers' No. 1 draft choice said. "It's a good environment."

Granger, a 6-foot-8 forward, had a standout career as a Lobo, averaging 18.8 points and 8.9 rebounds a game during his senior season. The Pacers chose him with the 17th pick in this year's NBA draft.

Daniels said it's a learning environment for the rookie.

"We talk about New Mexico, about professional basketball, about his responsibilities, on and off the court, that type of thing," Daniels said. "He's coming to a team with Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Anthony Johnson. He needs to learn how to blend in with the guys already on the floor."

Granger said he was most nervous about sitting down with Larry Bird, the Pacers' president of basketball operations, to sign a two-year guaranteed contract Thursday. The NBA's new rookie salary scale will be established July 22.

"Sitting with Larry Bird - that was the big thing," Granger said. "It was kinda breathtaking, actually."

That accomplished, Granger said he's ready.

"It's definitely the first day of work," he said. "You've got to come out every day, play hard and treat this like it's a job."

That's what Daniels wants to hear.

"Right now, the focus is learning the offense and the defense," Daniels said. "The social aspects, we'll talk about later."

IN UNIFORM: Pacers' forward Ron Artest, suspended last season after the Nov. 19 brawl at the Pistons' game, was back on the court Sunday, but left without comment before the workout concluded. He'll continue to practice and play with the free agents and rookies.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Btw, able, don't you use BugMeNot?

That is a strange article.

The quote by Mel, "He's coming to a team with Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Anthony Johnson. He needs to learn how to blend in with the guys already on the floor."

That is just a strange quote, why mention the backup point guard. I'll let you read into that whatever you want

I was wondering about that quote as well, seemed a bit odd.

foretaz

i agree....i thought that quite odd when i read that....and i tried to think of some rational reason why those three would be mentioned....and couldnt really think of anything....

guess it was just totally off the cuff and had no rational thought behind it...

Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok I'll ask it nicely once:

(and I know don't ^%$ me sites)

If you are pointing to an article, paste it to the post, WITH reference, and link!

But stop leaving links to "subscribe" sites, because that is just sickening, you read the article, small job of copy & paste.
    I didnt have to register,sorry if you did.I dont think anyone else had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    why mention the backup point guard.
    Because Granger is going to be playing with the 2nd unit?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

The quote by Mel, "He's coming to a team with Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Anthony Johnson. He needs to learn how to blend in with the guys already on the floor."

That is just a strange quote, why mention the backup point guard. I'll let you read into that whatever you want
    It means under no circumstances are we ever gonna get Saras.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Because Granger is going to be playing with the 2nd unit?

Then why have Ron and Sjax in there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty
    ------------------------------------------------------

Btw, able, don't you use BugMeNot?
    Bug doesn't always work.

Simply put the writer doesn't get quotes right. For instant here's a quote, "Sitting with Larry Bird - that was the big thing," Granger said. "It was kinda breathtaking, actually."

Reading that makes you think Granger thinks it's breathtaking sitting with Bird. However, when you watch the video, Bird is not what Granger is referring to.

Bird told him when he was signing the contract that he was now an instant millionaire. That's what Granger found breathtaking. See this video Hicks put up.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/wthrpacersjuly102005.mov

A: I know bugmenot, and it sux,
    B: If you deem an article interesting for other posters, take the time to copy&paste it, it only takes a few seconds
    C: I am a computer illiterate, I can not click on links, that's why I get a "sing-up" page instead of the story

...shakes head and wonders of back in to his hole in the ground......
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    Then why have Ron and Sjax in there too?
    Because they play his position and Granger will be expected to work closely with them.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Because they play his position and Granger will be expected to work closely with them.

There's no break in the names. It's all one thought, all one string. Throwing those names together gives them all one common denominator.

"He's coming to a team with Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Anthony Johnson. He needs to learn how to blend in with the guys already on the floor."

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    There's no break in the names. It's all one thought, all one string. Throwing those names together gives them all one common denominator.

"He's coming to a team with Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Anthony Johnson. He needs to learn how to blend in with the guys already on the floor."
    Boy we can't put anything by Pacers Digest readers. My user name "Doug" is really a cover name for any number of high-ranking employees within PS&E. We found that using a cover name allows us to be more active in measuring fan opinion. Unfortunately, rabidpacersfan found out about this during his internship, so the cover is blown. I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but it was bound to come out, probably at the party.

On to the statement. We normally vet all of our public communications very carefully to make sure we don't reveal any of our future plans. But we messed up on that one. Yes, Tinsley is on his way out. But here's the big scoop. He's going to Phoenix. The Suns are want future cap relief since they have to match the Hawks offer for Joe Johnson. They are sending us Nash for Tinsley and Pollard. They feel that Tinsley with thrive in their uptempo offense and the drop-off from Nash is worth it for the bottom line impact.

So that's the scoop. Sorry we let it slip. Won't happen again.

Oh, and the real reason Brad Miller was traded is that he got drunk at the Simon's summer picnic and spit tobacco juice on Herb's pants.

- Jimmy Buffett

Boy we can't put anything by Pacers Digest readers. My user name "Doug" is really a cover name for any number of high-ranking employees within PS&E. We found that using a cover name allows us to be more active in measuring fan opinion. Unfortunately, rabidpacersfan found out about this during his internship, so the cover is blown. I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but it was bound to come out, probably at the party.

On to the statement. We normally vet all of our public communications very carefully to make sure we don't reveal any of our future plans. But we messed up on that one. Yes, Tinsley is on his way out. But here's the big scoop. He's going to Phoenix. The Suns are want future cap relief since they have to match the Hawks offer for Joe Johnson. They are sending us Nash for Tinsley and Pollard. They feel that Tinsley with thrive in their uptempo offense and the drop-off from Nash is worth it for the bottom line impact.

So that's the scoop. Sorry we let it slip. Won't happen again.

Oh, and the real reason Brad Miller was traded is that he got drunk at the Simon's summer picnic and spit tobacco juice on Herb's pants.

I knew it

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Now, see, if it'd been Mel's pants, it wouldn't have been a problem. He would have thought it was funny. But Herb, boy, that man has no sense of humor whatsoever.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!