Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kwame Brown?

sweabs

Default Re: Kwame Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From a defensive standpoint Ron Artest can guard most twos in the league. Artest can definetly play that position.The knock has been that hes not a good enough shooter to play there but if continues to progress like we have seen in that area I see know reason why he can't play 10-12 minutes a night there so we can granger more time. I also think Carlisle will love the way Granger defends your going to see Carlisle try his best to get them both in at the same time playing the wing position.
    Just to clarify, I have NO problem from the defensive standpoint. Hell, Ronnie can guard at the 1, 2, 3, or 4 for all I care.

From today's Stein Line:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...=2105306&num=2

The rough part, of course, was the free-agent defection of Larry Hughes. The Wiz, though, think they can parlay a Kwame Brown sign-and-trade into a decent Hughes replacement who won't be as expensive.
    Does anyone know what other offers the Wiz have received for Kwame? Seems like Fred fits their requirements for a decent, inexpensive shooting guard replacement...
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

i think they have been offerred posey from memphis and butler from LA. thing is that both those guys are really suited for SF and washington already has a couple young guys there in hayes & jefferies. IMO, hayes is better suited for SG than either butler or posey.

i think if LB wants kwame bad enough, we can get him. kwame can play center and has loads of potential, just like JO in his portland days. he just needs to change of scenary....washington has been horrible to him. i can't think of a better place than here.

pollard, freddie, and a pick would be a nice package. the wiz could then get another quality player in feb. with pollard's contract. if we get sarunas i would even throw in AJ....i know the wizard's are looking for more depth at pg.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    From a defensive standpoint Ron Artest can guard most twos in the league. Artest can definetly play that position.The knock has been that hes not a good enough shooter to play there but if continues to progress like we have seen in that area I see know reason why he can't play 10-12 minutes a night there so we can granger more time. I also think Carlisle will love the way Granger defends your going to see Carlisle try his best to get them both in at the same time playing the wing position.
    Artest could guard a 7'10" 400 pound guy, a 6' lightening quick PG or the pope and do a super job.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    The ONLY similarity in that comparison is Sam Bowie and Kwame Brown both being busts.
    No, I'm referring to the fact that, once again, he's arguing that there's no point in a player being too good, because we already have talent at that position.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    Artest could guard a 7'10" 400 pound guy, a 6' lightening quick PG or the pope and do a super job.
    I don't konw if Artest can guard the new Pope. He could have guarded John Paul II....but with the new Pope......he has a wicked quick step to the hoop that can blow by Artest and can shoot the 3 from anywhere on the court.

Why do you think the Vatican picked him to be the new Pope? For Religious reasons? Nah......its for his wicked fadeaway 3pt shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I don't konw if Artest can guard the new Pope. He could have guarded John Paul II....but with the new Pope......he has a wicked quick step to the hoop that can blow by Artest and can shoot the 3 from anywhere on the court.

Why do you think the Vatican picked him to be the new Pope? For Religious reasons? Nah......its for his wicked fadeaway 3pt shot.
    Wicked?? You ever seen Our Lady Of Guadalupe's interior defense? It's almost like she can materialize out of thin air and........I don't know........just appear there to swat all balls away. Scary good..
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC

I'd take Reggie in a game of horse against him.....
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)