Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Blount

Default Mark Blount

He'd look good in a Pacers uni, ehh?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Mark Blount

He'd look good on my fantasy team. I was _this_ close to picking him up a couple of times then decided I'd do it in the next day or so. Then he had a couple of good games and Jose got him. Bah at my indecision.

But yeah, he would look good in a Pacers uni.

Seriously, we've talked about moving Al for a Damp-type player. But I like blount a lot as a frontcourt player, and we could instead move Al for Ray Allen.

Fun to think about, ehh?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Sorry, but I dont think there is ANY GM that would trade allen for Al. Blount would look good in our uniform though.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, he's a hoss...but how are we gonna get him?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Seriously, we've talked about moving Al for a Damp-type player. But I like blount a lot as a frontcourt player, and we could instead move Al for Ray Allen.

Fun to think about, ehh?
    I think getting Allen for Al is pure fantasy.

Wouldn't mind having blount, though.

Al for Blount + Welsch?

He'll be a free agent after this season, and he's said he wants to leave Boston.

Not to drop names, but he's always struck me as a poor man's Dale Davis. I think he could be had for the midlevel.

I'd actually feel much better about that than trying to get Damp. You've got a three-man frontcourt rotation of Blount, JO, and Foster, although it's possible that Foster could only play backup PF and Brezec could get all of the minutes at center. That would mean JO would play no more center.

Would we then go after a top-flight Reggie-replacing SG?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sorry, but I dont think there is ANY GM that would trade allen for Al. Blount would look good in our uniform though.
    Fair enough. What would it take to get Allen, then?

Of course, if we went and got a top-flight SG, then you minimize the chances of Artest moving to SG and Bender starting at SF when Reggie retires.

I have no idea about this team, I really don't. Next year I'd like to see Freddy get all of the backup PG minutes. If Reggie can stay healthy, then our only real need is up front.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Wasnt there some articles about the Sonics thinking of trying to trade Allen this offseason because they were affraid that if they didnt they would lose him for nothing.

I would think that a sf/pf who is locked in for a few more years and a C should do it. I know Al and Pollard do not in any way = Allen. But they would rather get two players than nothing.

They are thin up front and this would give them the beef they need. Also a lot of ther teams see Pollard still as the player he was in Sactown. They will think he is simply not fitting in here and take a chance on him.

Artest.

Sports Logo

Artest.
    Well that would be a no brainer for the Sonics.

I don't think that an Allen/Artest trade is a no brainer for Seattle. I'd place Allen in the top 5 of SG, the deepest position in the NBA. The only players at that spot who I'd say are clearly better are Kobe and Tracy.

Having said that I don't know I'd make that trade because I like our team's toughness and by in large Ron brings a lot of that.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Damn right the Pacers don't make that trade.

Allen is a RARE talent.

Artest is a UNIQUE talent.

Artest = Pacer for life (if I have anything to say about it )

I'd love to have Allen, but giving up Ron for him is a lateral move at best.

Bump.

Forget the "Trade Al" stuff... certainly don't want to go there after today.

I'm just trying to start Pacerfans talking and thinking about Mark Blount as a Pacer... either as our new starting center or as our new Antonio Davis, backing up both frontcourt positions.

Enjoy your time at PD!

He'd be very nice to have, but I think we need to spend our money on a shooter this summer.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I'd be all right having him to go along with Jeff and JO.

Not sure who would start between he and Jeff.

I think I might start Jeff, but give both of them about 24 mpg at C.

He'd look good in a Pacers uni, ehh?
    Bump/

Enjoy your time at PD!

eh...we don't need him when we have Fiesty Foster!
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I'd take him as a backup.

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Blount has turned into a very solid player this season. The comparison to DD is interesting, with one exception: I think that Blount has the potential to be a better offensive player than DD ever was. I'd love to see Blount end up on the Pacers as well, as much as I think they need to add a shooter there's always room for another low post presence, especially one who can defend, rebound, block shots, and score in the post.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Blount has the potential to be a better offensive player than DD ever was.
    Potential? He's ALREADY better offensively than Dale Davis ever was.

Peck's not around, right?

Seriously, Blount has a better post game right now than DD ever did, plus he has a jumper.

I'd start him and move Foster to the bench. Three-man rotation up front, a three-man rotation in the backcourt (Tinsley/Reggie/Freddie), and two backup forwards (Al/Bender). That's a solid 9-man rotation.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'd read somewhere that he is building a home around Orlando. Since the Magic have a big need at center & they want to make T-Mac happy I bet they make Blount a top priority.

His 2nd option might be Charlotte. If the Bobcats play their cards right they could have more than mid level money to offer him.

I'd start him and move Foster to the bench. Three-man rotation up front, a three-man rotation in the backcourt (Tinsley/Reggie/Freddie), and two backup forwards (Al/Bender). That's a solid 9-man rotation.
    Artest ?

I'd read somewhere that he is building a home around Orlando. Since the Magic have a big need at center & they want to make T-Mac happy I bet they make Blount a top priority.

His 2nd option might be Charlotte. If the Bobcats play their cards right they could have more than mid level money to offer him.
    His second (or possibly first) option will be the Sixers. He absolutely loves Jim O'Brien, and the love goes both ways.

Enjoy your time at PD!