Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential 2018 pieces to pursue

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Potential 2018 pieces to pursue

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Elfird Payton? Orlando doesn't even want him.
    He played really well the last half of the season. He's the type of free agent a team like the Pacers is going to get. We're not getting a big name... probably ever.

My top 2 targets for next Summer would be Norman Powell (TOR) and Gary Harris (DEN). Problem is, I think both players are Restricted free agents. But, Herb Simon with the Lakers-tampering stuff and a whole new regime in the front office led by KP.... perhaps the old rules don't apply anymore? It won't change the fact that if we made an offer to Normal and Gary we'd have that money tied up for 48 hours per NBA rules. But the good news is, whomever we make an offer to next Summer.... so many teams will be capped out that our competition for their services won't go far beyond their current teams.
    Last edited by Grimp; 09-12-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    He played really well the last half of the season. He's the type of free agent a team like the Pacers is going to get. We're not getting a big name... probably ever.
    Doesn't mean we need to chase a point guard who can't shoot though. I think the answer at point guard might be the lottery pick we get next Summer. Or maybe dangling that pick in a trade.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Personally, I rather wait and see how the season shakes out first. Somebody might surprise us.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Personally, I rather wait and see how the season shakes out first. Somebody might surprise us.
    I agree. But over the course of this season....the purpose is to evaluate how well CJ, GRIII, Sabonis and Leaf plays and where they will fit for the long term. Outside of Lance, Dipo and Myles......the rest of the Vets are there just to help keep the Team a float. I'm in no rush to figure things out until we hit next season's trade deadline.

Preferably....for the rest of this season....I want to use the $6+ mil in 2017-2018 Salary Cap Space that we have to acquire assets. The Sixers have $13 mil in Cap Space...then the Pacers have $6.1 mil in Cap Space....then the Suns at $5.5 mil....after that...it's the Nuggets at $2.7 mil in Cap Space. Some Team is going to look to dump Salary Cap space to make a trade between now and the February 2018 Trade Deadline......I think that we can get a decent long-term asset out of that.
    Last edited by CableKC; 09-12-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.