Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

LOL
    The Pagano cliches just make me want to light myself on fire at this point.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I see that and I just shake my head. They were talking on radio he might be cut. He is a calm, decisive, accurate passer. The best of the bunch behind Luck.

Which makes me think that they are possibly going to tank the season. They are intentionally going with the worse option why?

Well, that was closer than i anticipated. I figured a blowout was in order. I really enjoyed watching marlon mack... He's a keeper.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Sounds like Stephen Holder is getting close to pushing the panic button on Luck's return:
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...lts/583759001/
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

When I go to the PD site, this thread shows up on my initial screen as:

2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a

I can't help but squirm a little sometimes ..............

Irsay and Grigano broke the best QB prospect since Elway, turned him into David Carr. Unforgivable. The Colts are the Cleveland Browns who lucked into drafting two elite QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Irsay and Grigano broke the best QB prospect since Elway, turned him into David Carr. Unforgivable. The Colts are the Cleveland Browns who lucked into drafting two elite QBs.
    So then we should get Andrew's little brother then....

I said a while back that Luck will at best be available for game four. It could be longer.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's amazing how quickly everything went to hell after the incredible playoff game in Denver.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Sounds like Stephen Holder is getting close to pushing the panic button on Luck's return:
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...lts/583759001/

I get his his general point, but I'll take Luck with zero practices over our other options. It's barely a fleeting thought.

Luck probably aint playing.

I don't think he's broken, he just needs more than he's getting from the Colts. We're doing him an incredible disservice by continuing to employ our current coach. Pagano probably has less coaching acumen than Caldwell.

The Colts have gotten QB complacent. We've become so lucky and so reliant on our QBs that we've absolutely abandoned the idea of building an actual team. It's pure laziness and lack of foresight. We've had GMs (Polian, Grigson) who refuse to build a real team, and coaches (Caldwell, Pagano) who are inept at their jobs. We've had too many defensive-minded HCs without a shred of actual defense being played since 2007. I really do like Ballard and think he'll change things, but it's going to take a couple years. This is a terrible terrible built team.

What an absolute waste of Luck.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    The Colts have gotten QB complacent. We've become so lucky and so reliant on our QBs that we've absolutely abandoned the idea of building an actual team. It's pure laziness and lack of foresight. We've had GMs (Polian, Grigson) who refuse to build a real team, and coaches (Caldwell, Pagano) who are inept at their jobs. We've had too many defensive-minded HCs without a shred of actual defense being played since 2007. I really do like Ballard and think he'll change things, but it's going to take a couple years. This is a terrible terrible built team.

What an absolute waste of Luck.
    Interesting how those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I mean they didn't want the team to live and die by a QB...

*crickets*

That being said Ballard seems to be going in the right direction I hope his picks pan out.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    I don't think he's broken, he just needs more than he's getting from the Colts. We're doing him an incredible disservice by continuing to employ our current coach. Pagano probably has less coaching acumen than Caldwell.
    Good God!

You're right. I much rather have Caldwell. ****ing hell i just caught myself thinking about how lucky the Lions were when i read your post.

The Colts need to let him sit the first 2 games and get in game shape. Let Morris start. It's possible Morris gives us a shot in hell to go 1-1. It's also possible that Morris gains huge trade value.

The Osweiller to Colts rumors don't make much sense financially unless there's another unreported part of the rumor....

But the Colts getting cold feet about Luck and worrying about the state of their backup situation make all kinds of sense.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Just another article casting shade on Luck being ready in time for the season opener...
    http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapoli...on-andrew-luck

------

-John Wooden

Offense finally shows up. Tolzien at least making some throws. I like Morris better. Farley is everywhere tonight.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

There's no way Luck plays the season opener. At least I have 0 expectations. If he's back for week 2 or 3, it's okay. If not, it's gonna be ugly, especially if we stick with Tolzein despite him looking halfway decent tonight. Morris is the best QB currently on the roster besides Luck.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    There's no way Luck plays the season opener. At least I have 0 expectations. If he's back for week 2 or 3, it's okay. If not, it's gonna be ugly, especially if we stick with Tolzein despite him looking halfway decent tonight. Morris is the best QB currently on the roster besides Luck.

Morris is one cool cookie. This last drive he has made some incredible throws.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

25. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Touchdown
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I would have some hope for a season opening win with Morris
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I would have some hope for a season opening win with Morris
    Rolling with Tolzein for any stretch of time at this point is like going with Painter week after brutal week over Orlovsky during Suck for Luck.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

29. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We won a pre-season game. Time to give Pagano a contract extension.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also Scott Tolzien still ****ing sucks. No way would I want him starting over Stephen Morris. That interception he threw to a wide open Jack Doyle was pathetic.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

I thought Tolzien was better than he has been in weeks the opening drive he had was good.

I would rather have Morris overall though.