Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck officially out week 2

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Luck officially out week 2
    Gee.

I'm shocked.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Yeah a lot of people said that about the Pacers years ago and yet you still see a significant contingent of the opposing fanbase in our games. Bulls games come to mind.

I guess the teams may not care as long as they get their money but at some point people will become apathetic if not already except for the long time fans the younger crowd who's been used to Manning/Luck will take their attention elsewhere if the Colts don't produce.
    There are only 8 home NFL games a year, almost all of which are on Sunday's when people are off. If it's a Thursday or Monday, it's a national TV game with hype. Attending an NFL game is way more big time for Joe Shmo than an NBA game.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    There are only 8 home NFL games a year, almost all of which are on Sunday's when people are off. If it's a Thursday or Monday, it's a national TV game with hype. Attending an NFL game is way more big time for Joe Shmo than an NBA game.
    Those are valid points.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I usually don't like Gregg Doyel but he's spot on here.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...ing/645793001/

"The Colts Have No Idea What They're Doing" - perfect headline! Also a classic the part about the only NFL coach Pagano is capable of outsmarting is himself. DAMN!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Which is why the players need to tread carefully with their political protests. 8 home games is not much time to win back any fans you insult away. The games are escapism for the fans. It's a way to get away from politics and dissolution, and 'root, root, for the home team'....
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I wonder if the Colts have been listening to the A.I. device Farnhaan for personnel decisions?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

15. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know a lot of people call coaches dumbasses because they think they can do better. But Chuck Pagano really is a dumbass when it comes to coaching. I've seen more jaw-droppingly idiotic decisions by him than by every previous Colts coach combined. Even Jim Caldwell is a freaking genius compared to Pagano.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Would anyone support bringing back Bruce Arians to replace Pagano? Arians may be on the hot seat in Arizona very soon, if he isn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Would anyone support bringing back Bruce Arians to replace Pagano? Arians may be on the hot seat in Arizona very soon, if he isn't already.
    It's Gruden.... He's the target. Wait and see.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Didn't Gruden already turn us down?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Gruden (and his agent) seem to do everything they can to make sure it appears he is the top choice for every coaching vacancy.

About Luck. Does anyone else think part of his problem with returning is on the mental (psychological) side as opposed to the physical? I'm not trying to say anything bad about him. I'm only saying the poundings he has taken HAVE to be playing with his head in one way or another, perhaps making him reluctant to return yet.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    About Luck. Does anyone else think part of his problem with returning is on the mental (psychological) side as opposed to the physical?
    If it wasn't, it probably is after watching what happened Sunday. That O-line couldn't block someone on Facebook.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Gruden (and his agent) seem to do everything they can to make sure it appears he is the top choice for every coaching vacancy.

About Luck. Does anyone else think part of his problem with returning is on the mental (psychological) side as opposed to the physical? I'm not trying to say anything bad about him. I'm only saying the poundings he has taken HAVE to be playing with his head in one way or another, perhaps making him reluctant to return yet.
    No way. If Luck is able to play, he would. I don't doubt his toughness

I've had questions ever since this comment by Luck:
    "No reason to be sullen or morose.."

Especially in the context he said it. Everyone was wondering how the shoulder recovery was going and he chose words like 'sullen' and 'morose' back in June?
    He sounded more like a guy coming to terms with a career threatening injury, than a guy on the mend and rearing to get back on the field.

From that point on I've assumed the recovery was not going as quickly or perfectly as planned and that's there's more to the story than we've been getting. And I'm seen nor heard anything to make me change that opinion.

------

-John Wooden

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I think it would be cool to see RG3 playing QB for the Colts

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    I think it would be cool to see RG3 playing QB for the Colts
    Well, this begs the question of WHY ?? The other 31 don't want him - even as a backup.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

The lack of transparency is blinding. On one hand he could be back next week, and on the other he announces his retirement. Both seem equally likely to me.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

If it was THAT BAD, I'm not sure they would have put him on the roster. Roster spots are pretty valuable. Well, maybe not to the Colts, but you know what I'm getting at. I know they played similar games with Peyton and his neck stuff, but I think a lot of that was financially (and franchise) driven. Luck is locked up for the next 4, 5 years. Maybe it has to do with the **** poor offensive line. Maybe Luck is saying that he's not playing behind that crap (I doubt it, but we're speculating - right ??). Maybe it's just taking a little longer than the expected recovery.

I ain't got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    If it was THAT BAD, I'm not sure they would have put him on the roster. Roster spots are pretty valuable. Well, maybe not to the Colts, but you know what I'm getting at. I know they played similar games with Peyton and his neck stuff, but I think a lot of that was financially (and franchise) driven. Luck is locked up for the next 4, 5 years. Maybe it has to do with the **** poor offensive line. Maybe Luck is saying that he's not playing behind that crap (I doubt it, but we're speculating - right ??). Maybe it's just taking a little longer than the expected recovery.

I ain't got a clue.
    People forget that they never put Manning on IR. It was just like this saying it will be soon etc and he never played for the Colts again.

I'm not sure its that bad for Luck.. at least yet but I can't say I am not preparing for the possibility it could be based on past history of how they handled these things.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I can't imagine the Cardinals firing Arians considering the team isn't that bad I can see them moving on from Carson Palmer after this season if anything I'd see Luck joining Arians in Arizona than him coming back here for a 3rd stint with the Colts.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    No way. If Luck is able to play, he would. I don't doubt his toughness
    Being hurt the last couple of years could've possibly changed his mind.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    Being hurt the last couple of years could've possibly changed his mind.
    He is getting older(turns 28 today) things change I mean at some point you can only take so many hits its possible.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know your team sucks when an opponent who just lost their best player is favored comfortably against you on your field.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: