Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

they put the Mayflower trucks in!

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reports are starting to leak out that Luck's surgery did not accomplish what they hoped. I suspect this is a strong possibilty.
    Venturi on the Dakich show believes should have just kept Morris and not traded away Dorsett. Thinks Morris is better than Brissett.
    That trade also suggests Luck is going to be out for an extended period of time
    I hope it's proven resoundingly wrong, but I can't help but feel the Dorsett-Brissett trade was a panic move on our part. Unless, of course, it comes out the Luck's injury is worst-case scenario. In which case, might as well move a disappointing late first rounder for a young QB who at least looks to have raw talent to maybe develop into a long-term starter.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

3. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Lol, Colts Forged, what is this ****? "We grow basketball here" is corny but at last it doesn't imply petty crime. I mean, the Colts are a forgery of a well-run franchise I guess.
    Last edited by idioteque; 09-06-2017 at 06:55 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

I feel like this organization has gotten progressively dumber since Peyton left.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Lol, Colts Forged, what is this ****? "We grow basketball here" is corny but at last it doesn't imply petty crime. I mean, the Colts are a forgery of a well-run franchise I guess.
    Its a common slogan amongst NFL teams( rather uncreative more than anything)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Supposedly the marketing team spent 18 months on this. Crazy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Aaron Donald's still holding out and isn't gonna play against us so we got that goin for us

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I see nothing wrong with the ColtsForged marketing/branding campaign. Well, except for the inclusion of the Mayflower trucks. Not sure I would've approved that... but nobody asked me.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Dwayne allens first pass from tom Brady, wide open, bobbled it off his finger tips. Comedic justice there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    I feel like this organization has gotten progressively dumber since Peyton left.
    No, Peyton just covered up its flaws. Irsay was always a drug addicted kook and the roster was mostly **** outside of a few key players. The wheels were starting to fall off in 2010. Long time coaches like Tom Moore and Howard Mudd "retired" only to show up on a different franchise. When Bill Polian turned things over to his snot nosed son, that is when the roster and organization went south. Grigson was even worse, an extremely arrogant cancer who drafted like garbage and broke our QB.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 09-08-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    No, Peyton just covered up its flaws. Irsay was always a drug addicted kook and the roster was mostly **** outside of a few key players.
    The roster was covered up by Peyton the last few years he was here, but those mid-2000's teams were pretty stacked. You look at that 06 title team and that's a pretty stacked roster.

Irsay has probably always been the same, but he at least used to cover up his quirks. The invention of Twitter was a bad mix.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

biggest "what if?" of that whole era is Bob Sanders being healthy. he was one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the league when he could actually play which of course was obviously rare, dude only played in 50 games his entire career.

biggest "what if?" of that whole era is Bob Sanders being healthy. he was one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the league when he could actually play which of course was obviously rare, dude only played in 50 games his entire career.
    He was obviously a difference maker, as is evidenced by the Super Bowl run and the two full regular seasons that he played. The irony though is that in the two seasons he was fully healthy (05,07), the Colts suffered horrendous divisional round losses at the Dome.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Andrew Luck did not practice this week. None.

Whatever the Colts are hiding, it's bound to leak soon now that real games have started and the press will be covering the NFL with a gusto.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Andrew Luck did not practice this week. None.

Whatever the Colts are hiding, it's bound to leak soon now that real games have started and the press will be covering the NFL with a gusto.
    I am starting to think this is it for Luck. His body is falling apart at 28. Dude is smart. He has his entire life ahead of him. Walk off into the sunset with a big bag of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The roster was covered up by Peyton the last few years he was here, but those mid-2000's teams were pretty stacked. You look at that 06 title team and that's a pretty stacked roster.

Irsay has probably always been the same, but he at least used to cover up his quirks. The invention of Twitter was a bad mix.
    Polian covered up those quirks one of his smarter decisions was to let Polian run things PR wise and he stays in the background I miss those days.

Putting that aside I could see Andrew's stint as a Colt being over not necessarily his NFL career though. I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew ended up flourishing with another team.

I mean I rather he succeed here but it doesn't always work out that way either.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Well, best case scenario for Luck's rehab and return are certainly out the window. So I wonder how close he is to worst case?
    2 years after Manning retires with a Bronco SB win, Luck isn't playing. The selling point for Luck was that Manning was on the end of his career and the best young QB prospect in ages was available. Long after Manning would be finished, Luck would just be in his prime. Which sounds good until Luck has gotten pounded his entire career and is now not even able to practice and his rehab and progress (or lack thereof) are shrouded in mystery. And the team has dropped little comments about his mental state.

Obviously, it's just one game right now, but who's going to be surprised to see that expand to two games? And not practicing at all after being on the PUP list all preseason doesn't look good not to be immediately practicing once off the list, unless he's simply not ready to even practice. Of course there's "no timetable".
    If he can't be practicing yet then he's FAR away from actually playing a game. Every week he's not practicing he has to be at least 2 more weeks from playing a game. I can't see one week of practice and then playing.

I'm still waiting to hear words like "scar tissue", "residual pain", "strength issues"....etc....

------

-John Wooden

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

This is going to be a future 30 for 30 in about 20 years if this keeps up.

I think we should all agree that we shouldn't take anything the Colts say at face value.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I don't trust anything the Colts say either.

This is the type of rehab though where there doesn't need to be anything nefarious going on. It's kind of like a concussion recovery. You move up to slightly more activity and if there are any symptoms, you back off. There is an average length of time before people get back, but it's highly variable. So the fact that they are saying no timetable is not surprising because the rehab simply doesn't work like that.

It does mean that Luck is taking a little longer than some, but that's not a big issue with a highly variable recovery schedule. The good news is that when he does get all the way back, the risk for reinjury is not high.

So it's possible that there is something awful going on, but the likelihood is that it's just taking a little longer than normal. That may mean Luck misses half the season, but the odds of this being an issue next season is still pretty low.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    I don't trust anything the Colts say either.

This is the type of rehab though where there doesn't need to be anything nefarious going on. It's kind of like a concussion recovery. You move up to slightly more activity and if there are any symptoms, you back off. There is an average length of time before people get back, but it's highly variable. So the fact that they are saying no timetable is not surprising because the rehab simply doesn't work like that.

It does mean that Luck is taking a little longer than some, but that's not a big issue with a highly variable recovery schedule. The good news is that when he does get all the way back, the risk for reinjury is not high.

So it's possible that there is something awful going on, but the likelihood is that it's just taking a little longer than normal. That may mean Luck misses half the season, but the odds of this being an issue next season is still pretty low.
    But of course, the team could be saying that. They are not. And by not saying that, it just makes it.... weird...
    Last edited by Bball; 09-09-2017 at 01:56 PM.

------

-John Wooden

Despite my negative feelings, I don't think we remove Luck from PUP if there's doubt he's not ready in 6 games. There's no reason to remove him if we didn't expect him to play.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Despite my negative feelings, I don't think we remove Luck from PUP if there's doubt he's not ready in 6 games. There's no reason to remove him if we didn't expect him to play.

I don't know, we're talking about an organization that waited until the last second to sign a pitiful Kerry Collins in 2011 when Manning ended up not taking a single snap. Different regime obviously, but I don't think you can ever try to make sense of this organization's behavior when it comes to a major injury.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    ............. I don't think you can ever try to make sense of this organization's behavior when it comes to a major injury.
    Isn't it pretty much the same with the other teams ?? Other than an ACL tear or something else completely obvious, teams have been playing mind games with player's injuries for a long time.

I'm over it all. I'm just going to enjoy the games, drink a few, eat a little too much and pull for the guys on the field.

This thread is super depressing and we haven't even played a game. I'm going to try not to think about Luck and focus on things like the defense and offensive line. It's going to be interesting
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Ticket sales....
    And in a related context, they are still selling 'hope'.

------

-John Wooden

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post: