Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

The preseason starts now...
    Edit Signature

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Scott Tolzien is Curtis Painter 2.0. With Luck's shoulder being what it is, it might have behooved the new front office to upgrade the backup QB position, no?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kenny Golladay is good. Already killed Quincy Wilson and Tevin Mitchell.

The defense is at regular season form. Which for the Colts means it's looking bad. And then there is the offense.... It's.... well... offensive...
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Typical Colts pre-season game. Offensive line and QB play is awful.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Well, i guess you can say at least it's getting closer to football season again but, that's about it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

I know it's the preseason, and games are basically meaningless, but I've had my fill of Chuck Pagano and our teams looking utterly unprepared every game.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Tolzien is Curtis Painter 2.0. With Luck's shoulder being what it is, it might have behooved the new front office to upgrade the backup QB position, no?
    This is a transition year for the Colts I do agree Tolzien sucks but either they think Luck will be back by season opener(although I doubt it) or they are going to sacrifice this season so they can be better when he's healthier.

I would have Stephen Morris as a backup before Tolzien.

I still think its beyond stupid that they let Luck play what was esssentially meaningless games last season with a bum shoulder.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 08-13-2017 at 05:14 PM.

He was the guy that was carted off the field today.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBuffoonIrsay
    I can't say that Luck will be ready for the Rams game but he will be ready for the start of the season.
    Does he know that they start the season with the Rams ??

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Hey how did you get it to show up as ThatBuffoonIrsay?

I mean I agree but I was curious.

It was the first game of the preseason. Ryan is out. Luck is obviously out and will continue to be out.
    BUT...
    To me today was a pathetic, disappointing display. I saw nothing I was hoping to see as far as improvement on a fundamental level to account for the changes this offseason. The defense looked as soft as always complete with an inability to simply make the play. The team looked ill-prepared as always.

But it's the preseason and it's the first game. So there is that.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    The quote is out of context. He essentially said he couldn't say unequivocally that Luck would be ready to start against the Rams, but he believes he will be ready. And if not ready for that first game, certainly he expects him to be ready near the start of the season (and not a protracted absence).

Really, watching the full context of the quote it was perfectly fine and made sense and it did not make him look foolish at all.
    Last edited by Bball; 08-13-2017 at 09:30 PM.

------

-John Wooden

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Saw a quote from Pagano after the game: "A lot of things to clean up. We're going to grind it." I stopped there. Why/how is this guy still our coach?

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Saw a quote from Pagano after the game: "A lot of things to clean up. We're going to grind it." I stopped there. Why/how is this guy still our coach?
    They already fired Grigson. Irsay wasn't going to eat both contracts the same offseason.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post

This season is a wash. Colts aren't winning with Pagano.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    They already fired Grigson. Irsay wasn't going to eat both contracts the same offseason.
    The problem is Irsay waited too long to pull the trigger on one or both in the first place. If he was going to split them up it should've been the prior season (if not BEFORE that) with (at least) this past year as Pagano's chance to work without Grigson (if not even a season sooner).

When you let an issue go too long you let the tentacles reach a little too far and the web grows bigger and stickier. So now Pagano gets his chance without Grigson, but we're all kind of thinking this all sped up Pagano's expiration date as a coach and let questions fester as well but yet he's still here.

Although, by all accounts the players like Pagano. So that has to account for something. But so does performance and preparation!

------

-John Wooden

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Hooker looked pretty good in the first preseason game. Of course you never want to see our safety get left on an island against a RB, but that open field tackle was really nice to see. I guess that was a small knock on him.

I have a feeling a couple seasons from now we'll look back on this draft and see 3 to 4 guys like Hooker, Mack, Wilson and maybe Basham and be pointing to them and this draft as the reason we're in the afc championship game and or superbowl. Basham looked pretty decent too. Wilson was solid. Cant wait to see Mack

Vontae made a great Pro Bowl like play to cause that Interception. That was great to see.

Quincy Wilson had full coverage on Golliday on that first TD. Golliday got away with a offensive pass interference, otherwise it may have been picked. Surely batted away. It was outstanding coverage. Great to see from the 2nd round pick. I'm really excited about him and Hooker.

I know it's preseason, but Troymaine Pope looked pretty good. Mack better get in there and show something.

I'm going to try so hard not to get down about the coaching situation. I'm just going to focus on these young guys like Malik Hooker and Quincy Wilson and watch their development. I'm really excited about the secondary.

I'm not sold that Luck wont miss more than 1 regular season game by the way.

Of all the rookies, I'm easily most nervous about Hooker. He's always dinged up and doesn't seem to love football. He's certainly high risk high reward.

I think Wilson will be very solid.

Can TJ Green catch? I'd rather see a guy with his size and speed as a wide receiver, especially on our squad.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I miss that feeling in the Manning era when you knew entering a season that we would steamroll most teams on our way to at least 12 games. I have so much apathy towards our situation right now.