Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know your team sucks when an opponent who just lost their best player is favored comfortably against you on your field.
    Except Larry Fitzgerald is going to play on Sunday.

Two of my coworkers won tickets to the game even though the Colts are bad I always wanted to go to a game in person.

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    If it was THAT BAD, I'm not sure they would have put him on the roster. Roster spots are pretty valuable. Well, maybe not to the Colts, but you know what I'm getting at. I know they played similar games with Peyton and his neck stuff, but I think a lot of that was financially (and franchise) driven. Luck is locked up for the next 4, 5 years. Maybe it has to do with the **** poor offensive line. Maybe Luck is saying that he's not playing behind that crap (I doubt it, but we're speculating - right ??). Maybe it's just taking a little longer than the expected recovery.

I ain't got a clue.
    If they were to put him on the PUP he'd be locked out of actual practice for 6 weeks. But eventually, his return will be contingent on practice. Clearly, his rehab and recovery are not at best case levels but if he'd be able to take a step forward (or how many ever steps he's behind) and get to a place where he could start practicing, then they'd want to do that ASAP. They wouldn't want to be unable to get him on the field for practices and start getting him reps as soon as he's physically able. This is not a case where he comes off the PUP and can practice a week and go. The practice will be part of the recovery process.
    He's not thrown a football to a receiver since January.

I can understand why they don't put him on the PUP list, or write off the season... yet....

But there again, I have no idea why it took them so long to rule him out of the first week. All the signs and tea leaves said he wouldn't play. The only ones saying he might play were the Colts. But they HAD to know there was no way. Just like this week... they had to know...
    Common sense says he's got to have at least 2 weeks of practice before he can play. So if he's not practicing this week, they already have to know next week is out of the question for a game. And likely should already know whether they expect him to practice next week or not.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

And it continues:

http://fox59.com/2017/09/13/colts-si...jured-reserve/

The Indianapolis Colts ............. placed offensive lineman Denzelle Good on the injured reserve list.
    Luck isn't going to play behind an offensive line like the Colts will have to patchwork together. I don't blame him either. I'd send Tolzein out there again and let him get beat up. Why risk hurting Brissett also ??

Suddenly, 0-16 isn't out of the picture.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm getting sick of the NFL and I'm glad the Colts are making it easy for me to stop watching concussionball

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The latest rumor mill is that Luck wants out/to be traded.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post

From where?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sure would like to see a link or something on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    From where?
    Apparently, it was being discussed on Mike & Mike, but I've found that most of the "rumors" they discuss are created by them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

OK - coming from them, that's not a rumor. It's just filling air time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I know it doesn't mean anything, but the Colts' position in the current Power Rankings:

BleacherReport: #32
    ESPN: #31
    NFL.com: #32

It looks like all of the "we're the worst team in the NFL!" hyperbole may not be hyperbole after all.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I know it doesn't mean anything, but the Colts' position in the current Power Rankings:

BleacherReport: #32
    ESPN: #31
    NFL.com: #32

It looks like all of the "we're the worst team in the NFL!" hyperbole may not be hyperbole after all.
    Florio also has us at 32 on PatsFootballTalk

Luck doesn't strike me as the "trade me" sort of guy. Not that we know, but it's just incredibly unlikely.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Luck doesn't strike me as the "trade me" sort of guy. Not that we know, but it's just incredibly unlikely.
    I think it is much more likely that Luck is out for the season. Slow healing or the surgery did not solve the problem is probably why.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

19. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

"Luck should want to leave Indy" NBCSN http://www.nbcsports.com/video/andre...ave-colts-asap

http://www.indianasportscoverage.com...s-out-of-indy/

“In the mean time, I don’t know if I want to use the word ‘rumor’, but there’s a general sense you hear from people around the league, if you talk to people who cover the sport of football right now, that there is an ever-widening gap between Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts,” Greenberg said during Wednesday’s Mike & Mike show.

“That his unhappiness and perhaps some familial unhappiness–if you will, stems back beyond this, that maybe he felt that he’d played when he wasn’t 100% healthy. He’s not playing now, and that there’s some talk with even that enormous contract and his enormous talent, that we could be seeing, right before our eyes, the end of the Andrew Luck era in Indianapolis.”

“Guys, I’m assuming you’ve heard that too because everyone is talking about it.”

Update (11:41 AM EST): According to WTHR’s Bob Kravitz, Luck’s agent Will Wilson has reported that there’s absolutely no truth to the Mike & Mike speculation regarding his client:

Update (12:30 PM EST): Mike & Mike host Mike Greenberg appeared on ‘1070 The Fan’s Dan Dakich Show’ and clarified that while he’s not walking back what he’s heard, he’s not ‘reporting’ this either, and that his only direct conversation on this subject matter has been with with Luck’s agent–who again, denied it.

However, he’s looking to confirm what he’s heard from his deemed credible sources, who may have first mentioned it, and address this speculation again accordingly.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

^^ In other words - "I'm really hoping that it turns out to be true, then I'll be able to say 'AS FIRST REPORTED BY ME' - if not, we'll just let it fade into oblivion."

The ESPN way.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

BTW.... Sept 13th... Still not practicing. So IMO you can go ahead and mark not only this Sunday off but the next Sunday as well for a Luck return. And put game 4 into doubtful territory.

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

sooo Luck's agent said there's "no truth" to the wanting out stuff. the speed of responding to a spurious rumor is...eyebrow raising. I'd have laughed about it as internet stuff, but now we get a response to it.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    sooo Luck's agent said there's "no truth" to the wanting out stuff. the speed of responding to a spurious rumor is...eyebrow raising. I'd have laughed about it as internet stuff, but now we get a response to it.
    what if there was no response from the Luck camp? This is another example of news creating news tontalk about news that they created. No one close to the colts have suggested this rumor. It's all a fabrication from people who have no concept of the situation directly.

I assume Kravitz called him and asked... And if so there were 3 possible outcomes "No comment", "Agent was not available for comment", or "No truth to the story".
    The one comment that would never be said at this time is "Luck wants out. The speculation was accurate."

Edit: Kravitz was looking through his contacts for the agent's number when the agent called him.
    http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-...comment-at-all
    Last edited by Bball; 09-13-2017 at 02:29 PM.

------

-John Wooden

Media wanting another player from Indy to leave and go to Boston.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

28. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    BTW.... Sept 13th... Still not practicing. So IMO you can go ahead and mark not only this Sunday off but the next Sunday as well for a Luck return. And put game 4 into doubtful territory.
    His season is done. I thought 4 then 8 now I really think he is done.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Wouldn't blame Luck one bit if he forced a trade.

All of this talk is pissing into the wind as long as Irsay has control over football decisions. The man is not mentally sound and capable of thinking or acting rationally.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

I can see his family wanting him to leave Indy they probably wished that he left a year earlier he would be a Panther right now instead of staying a season later.

I don't its entirely out of left field for him to want out but at the same time I get why he wanted to squash it if it weren't true because these things have a way of taking a life of their own.

You know how you get rumors and speculation like this? By being shady and, if not outright lying, playing awfully loose with the truth about an injury. They might not know exactly when he'll play, but they could certainly be explaining better where he is in the recovery, the coming phases of the recovery yet to be crossed, and how far at minimum until he's playing (the earliest they could reasonably expect him back based on the current trajectory).

I suspect the problem is the current trajectory has him so far from being back that they don't won't to discuss that possibility and to keep hope alive (at the ticket booth), hoping for a dramatic improvement out of the blue that would lead to an accelerated schedule that would get him back on the field sooner rather than later. Which the mystery and obfuscation then leads to all kinds of speculation as to what might be going on and a parsing of words and reading between the lines when the Colts do dribble something out.

I still suspect now that the season is here and all the reporters are on the case, both locally and nationally, that someone will rattle something loose and we'll ultimately learn what is up. And it'll show just how much the Colts have been holding back when they have talked about the recovery.

------

-John Wooden