Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

This season is a wash. Put Luck on IR. Especially since the O-line is in shambles right now with injuries.

Hopefully we'll get a top 3 pick and get a talented tackle or pass rusher.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Default Re: 2017 Colts Season Thread - Like a Camel passing through the Head of a Needle

They aren't putting Luck on IR they didn't with Manning and they won't here even if he doesn't play a game this season with the Colts.

Jimbo thinks he's smarter than everyone else by acting as if he didn't do this before and we were around to witness it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Does the TV black out still exist if not sold out?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I assume the game is sold out. Those are bought tickets that are available for re-sale on Stub Hub.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Granville For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    No, Not since the 14-15 season.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

owl

At $8 I'd go if the seats were decent but lets face it they are nosebleed.

Luck was at practice today!
    In street clothes and talking to the OC... but there nonetheless... Is that progress?
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Luck was at practice today!
    In street clothes and talking to the OC... but there nonetheless... Is that progress?
    No just trying to stave off the trade/Luck is unhappy rumors.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

The fact that Pagano has to even think about starting Brissett over Tolzien further shows he's unfit to coach a football team
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    The fact that Pagano has to even think about starting Brissett over Tolzien further shows he's unfit to coach a football team
    Unless he's getting directives from Irsay to tank the season...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blessed.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's hard to make football decisions when your football intellect is so low.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Ever notice how Pagano claps a lot? Bad coaches clap excessively because they have no idea what else to do. See Crean, Tom.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 09-15-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Ever notice how Pagano claps a lot? Bad coaches clap excessively because they have no idea what else to do. See Crean, Tom.
    So you forgot Tony Dungy did the same?

There's no one great way to coach.

That being said it does look like Brissett is starting and I'm a bit surprised I agree with the move I just didn't think it would be done.

So you forgot Tony Dungy did the same?

There's no one great way to coach.

That being said it does look like Brissett is starting and I'm a bit surprised I agree with the move I just didn't think it would be done.
    Dungy actually behaved like an NFL coach. Some may not have liked his passiveness, but his teams were disciplined and usually well-prepared. He sounded like a real coach in his press conferences, not like someone parroting what he just read in Football for Dummies.

Pagano to the Colts is what Crean was to IU. Both coaches got way too much rope and lasted about two years past their expiration dates.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Dungy actually behaved like an NFL coach. Some may not have liked his passiveness, but his teams were disciplined and usually well-prepared. He sounded like a real coach in his press conferences, not like someone parroting what he just read in Football for Dummies.

Pagano to the Colts is what Crean was to IU. Both coaches got way too much rope and lasted about two years past their expiration dates.
    See most people think NFL coaches are brash and loud Dungy was considered the opposite of that entirely and was faulted for not(not around here as much as elsewhere)

My point was that Pagano clapping doesn't make him incompetent its everything else he does (decision making)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...N2s?li=BBnb7Kz

Mike Greenberg criticized by ESPN colleagues for Andrew Luck rumor

ESPN Radio host Mike Greenberg has come under fire over reporting on speculation that Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck is unhappy and perhaps even wants out of Indy. Even worse, Greenberg is being criticized by some of his own ESPN colleagues.

WGU
    Will You Cash In On This?
    SEE MORE
    Sponsored by WGU
    Greenberg on Wednesday reported he has heard that there’s a “general sense” of “an ever-widening gap between” Luck and the Colts.

Greenberg did attempt to later clarify his reporting during Wednesday’s episode of “Mike & Mike” on ESPN Radio.

“I want to make it clear, I’m not reporting (Luck) wants out of there or anything like that,” Greenberg said. “That’s just a commonly heard rumor, that he doesn’t want to go back on the field because he feels that he played hurt last year and will not want to go back out until he’s 100 percent. That’s not even a rumor, just what people are saying around the situation.”

Will Wilson, Luck’s agent, vehemently disputed the veracity of Greenberg’s comments, telling the Indy Star, “The speculation/rumor is simply not true. Andrew would not have signed a five-year extension last year if he was not committed to the Colts. Complete non-story.”

But perhaps the worst part of the drama for Greenberg is how his own colleagues came after him over the speculation concerning Luck, including Adam Schefter, among others.

The longtime and respected ESPN NFL insider had a “tone of incredulity,” per a New York Post report, when he cut off Greenberg during an appearance Thursday on “Mike & Mike.”

“I know you came up with the statements you did, he signed a five-year contract last year. He’s not going anywhere,” Schefter said of Luck. “They can’t deal him and don’t want to deal him. So, to me, they’re with each other for better or worse. And there remains a question as to when he’ll be back.”

Instead of being hailed as The Worldwide Leader in Sports, perhaps ESPN should simply be called The Worldwide Leader in Dysfunction, for even more controversial reasons above and beyond this Greenberg mess.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post

that's unfair to Crean honestly. dude at least built something back up at IU, Pagano's done absolute **** all but blow the early years when Luck was still cheap and eventually got the guy friggin internal injuries. Grigson and Irsay get plenty of that blame too I know, but that Pagano is still here is straight up asinine.

I still can't believe the #ChuckStay ********. you guys remember how ****ing dumb that night was? first it's Grigson's getting fired, then Pagano, then there's an unfixable chasm between the two, then they get Irsay doped up and let him go off for 3 hours about how William S. Burroughs deserves a national monument next to the Lincoln Memorial and all of a sudden it's hey, everybody gets an extension!

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    that's unfair to Crean honestly. dude at least built something back up at IU, Pagano's done absolute **** all but blow the early years when Luck was still cheap and eventually got the guy friggin internal injuries. Grigson and Irsay get plenty of that blame too I know, but that Pagano is still here is straight up asinine.

I still can't believe the #ChuckStay ********. you guys remember how ****ing dumb that night was? first it's Grigson's getting fired, then Pagano, then there's an unfixable chasm between the two, then they get Irsay doped up and let him go off for 3 hours about how William S. Burroughs deserves a national monument next to the Lincoln Memorial and all of a sudden it's hey, everybody gets an extension!
    He wasn't going to fire Grigson and Pagano the same year had Chuck Stay not happened I think Pagano was going to be fired in 2015 and Grigson a year later. That would've been manageable for the team to move on.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Both should have immediately been canned after 2015.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I'll be honest, I bought into the #ChuckStay nonsense because of Grigson's reported meddling with the roster and dictating who should and should not play. I thought the guys played hard for Pagano. Now he has been fully exposed and I feel dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    I'll be honest, I bought into the #ChuckStay nonsense because of Grigson's reported meddling with the roster and dictating who should and should not play. I thought the guys played hard for Pagano. Now he has been fully exposed and I feel dumb.
    I think they did play hard for him now they tune out. I guess its not surprising outside of Belichick and Andy Reid's stint with the Eagles long term coaches are an aberration not the norm.

Sports Logo

I think they did play hard for him now they tune out. I guess its not surprising outside of Belichick and Andy Reid's stint with the Eagles long term coaches are an aberration not the norm.
    Marvin Lewis. 15 years in Cincy and still hasn't won a playoff game.