Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jasikevicius turns down celtics offer- Boston Globe

Gamble

Default Re: Jasikevicius turns down celtics offer- Boston Globe

[QUOTE=Unclebuck]If I could I'd wash your mouth out with soap.

From what i've seen of Larry B and company they do believe he can
    start on this team. Just because we have one bad defender is the reason
    why you have a good coach to sub better defenders in. Which for some
    reason i don't think Tinsley is a good one and AJ is slower than my moms
    horse buggy. I like Tinsley a whole lot and AJ for that matter but the
    fact still remains who do we have to guard against the 3 and a pg that has
    a quick first step? No one. So having one more won't hurt especially if
    he can produce points and pass in the times we need it,,,in the clutch.
    Just give me a good flavor on the soap. No bleach additives.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I could I'd wash your mouth out with soap.

Oh yeah, Gamble!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

(Unless you expect Tinsley to get injured again and miss 30 games or so and part of the playoffs)
    Unfortuantely, that's not an unreasonable thought given Tins' history.

Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

Oh yeah, Gamble!
    Thanks for the welcome but is this just an invitation from you and Uncle Buck to pour bleach down
    my gullet. Man say one word about not caring about defense on Saranus and
    you get the royal cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    Thanks for the welcome but is this just an invitation from you and Uncle Buck to pour bleach down
    my gullet. Man say one word about not caring about defense on Saranus and
    you get the royal cleaning.
    Don't mind UB, he's just bored
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Gamble you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters, you are a naturally funny guy.

8.9 seconds is too, I wish he/she would post more.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

PCC87

If I could I'd wash your mouth out with soap.

Unless the Pacers expect him to beat our Tinsley for the starting point guard job, then I don't think the Pacers should sign him. (Unless you expect Tinsley to get injured again and miss 30 games or so and part of the playoffs)

Well I don't think they are looking for someone to replace Tinsley.I think they might either trade or release AJ or Eddie.So I think they are looking for a SOLID backup.

Quote Originally Posted by PCC87
    Well I don't think they are looking for someone to replace Tinsley.I think they might either trade or release AJ or Eddie.So I think they are looking for a SOLID backup.
    Trade AJ? Maybe, even probably if we pick up Rose or Saras. No way they will just release him though, I agree that's possible with Gill, but not with AJ.

AJ is a solid backup in my opinion, but as much as Tins gets hurt and doesn't play we need 3 point guards who are solid.

Mood

Maybe if we pick up Rose?? Don't tell me you still think he's a PG, Will?

...Unless the Pacers expect him to beat our Tinsley for the starting point guard job, then I don't think the Pacers should sign him. (Unless you expect Tinsley to get injured again and miss 30 games or so and part of the playoffs)
    I think that the point is that, if signed, Tinsley is expendable. This year or next, that is left to be seen. I know that Tinsley makes a lot of steals but that is because he floats and gets those steals. If he averaged 5+ steals a game, it would be ok, but the 2-3 steals he gets a game is overshadowed by the easy baskets he makes possible for the other team by floating off of his man. I think that, coupled with his street mentality of taking it right back to someone after they took it to him has caused Bird to look at other options for the PG position. It's just my opinion.

Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    I think that the point is that, if signed, Tinsley is expendable. This year or next, that is left to be seen. I know that Tinsley makes a lot of steals but that is because he floats and gets those steals. If he averaged 5+ steals a game, it would be ok, but the 2-3 steals he gets a game is overshadowed by the easy baskets he makes possible for the other team by floating off of his man. I think that, coupled with his street mentality of taking it right back to someone after they took it to him has caused Bird to look at other options for the PG position. It's just my opinion.
    Tinsley to me is the best ball handler when it comes to driving in the
    thick of it and scoring. However Sarunas is just as good managing a team
    or better than Tinsley. Their passing is about even with an edge to Sarunas.
    Tinsley to me will play better D but what the heck is that saying...
    I especially hate as you mention his revenge mentality. Its like watching
    a horror flick and seeing a person tripping over a logg before it happens.
    Here Tinsley drives right,, then fakes left off a pick with Wallace to swat
    the ball off the back board. My God how many times have i seen that.
    Sarunas also said he wants to play meaningful minutes not "I want to
    start". AJ to me is the spitten image of an UMPA on
    Super Mario Brothers "The Movie".
    GOd i've learn to love him but he's one ugly dude.

From today's Stein Line:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...=2105306&num=3

Cleveland isn't worried about Hughes' perimeter shortcomings because it has the inside track on one of the best shooters available: Stein Line favorite Sarunas Jasikevicius.

Jasikevicius, spotted in London watching Wimbledon with Big Z (Ilgauskas) last month, is still being chased by several teams. Indiana's Larry Bird is a big fan who went to Israel late last season to visit the Maccabi Tel-Aviv point guard in person. And Portland, which boasts its own Lithuanian tradition after a long association with Arvydas Sabonis, is said to view Jasikevicius as an ideal veteran complement to the developing Sebastian Telfair.

The Cavs, though, should still have ample cap room to tempt Sarunas after signing Hughes and Ilgauskas. There are serious concerns about Jasikevicius' ability to defend at the NBA level -- especially if he's on the floor with the plodding Ilgauskas -- but they are offset by the spunky guard's history of clutch shot-making and his pick-and-roll prowess. Jasikevicius isn't a pure point, but he would form a dangerous perimeter with James and Hughes, since all three can handle the ball and hurt a defense.

Don't forget, furthermore, new Cavs GM Danny Ferry was part of the Spurs' front office that tried hard two summers ago to pry Jasikevicius away from Maccabi Tel-Aviv and a contract that didn't allow for NBA passage. Jasikevicius went on to lead the Israeli powerhouse to the past two Euroleague titles, adding to his rep for delivering in the clutch. A rep Team USA knows well after the past two Olympics.

"And he's much more under control than he used to be," said one NBA personnel man who has watched Jasikevicius for years.

• Boston was another Jasikevicius contender, but the Celtics took themselves out of the running by committing a portion of their mid-level exception to Nets forward Brian Scalabrine. Really.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Jasikevicius isn't a pure point
    I'm confused. I thought Saras was God's gift to the PG position, and the only reason he's not in the league already is because he played out-of-position at Maryland?

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

anything to make Cleveland a serious contender which they aren't
    Everything on this piece breaths "i have no clue but want it to be true so badly, but am afraid that Bird charachter might have the edge,let's see if I can influence this"
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by able
    anything to make Cleveland a serious contender which they aren't
    Everything on this piece breaths "i have no clue but want it to be true so badly, but am afraid that Bird charachter might have the edge,let's see if I can influence this"
    I hear you able. One sided isn't the word for this piece. Like the Cavs know
    what there doing in the first place. They have screwed things up before and
    i am sure they can manage it agian.

Mood

The Cavs' history of screwing things up is irrelevant. They have new people all over managament and the staff now. New owner, GM, assistant GMs, coach, assistant coaches. All new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Maybe if we pick up Rose?? Don't tell me you still think he's a PG, Will?
    What I think doesn't matter, but yeah he can play some point. What matters though is what Carlisle would do with him. Who do you think would run the point with Tinsley hurt? And who would be back up? Doesn't matter what we think because Carlisle is going to use him at point in one of those spots.

Rose can play 3 positions, but he's best at small forward, and worst at Point.

Does anyone else think that with Mike Brown being there now, he knows exactly what bird's plans were for trying to pick up Saras, and he knows his potential just as well from his time with Bird, so Brown knows this would be a really good pick up for them?

Tim

This is starting to sound like people are getting excited about off season moves again.

Tinsley is not expendable and this guy Jasikevicius, if he really was a match for a healthy Tinsley we would have heard of him before, and somebody out there would be willing to spend a lot more than a MLE on him.

I can understand concerns about Tinsley's health, but lets not forget when he is 100% he is a killer! The whole team is different when Tinsley is playing, and I bet that with 15 seconds left in the game, down by one, Pacers ball, you want the ball in Tinsley's hands (looking for Reggie of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    The whole team is different when Tinsley is playing, and I bet that with 15 seconds left in the game, down by one, Pacers ball, you want the ball in Tinsley's hands (looking for Reggie of course).
    Let's hope Jamaal has worked on his arm strength in the offseason. I'm not sure he could hit Reggie on the beach in Malibu. Plus I'm a little worried that he could get it a little off line and throw it into Mission Bay.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Let's hope Jamaal has worked on his arm strength in the offseason. I'm not sure he could hit Reggie on the beach in Malibu. Plus I'm a little worried that he could get it a little off line and throw it into Mission Bay.......

Reggie is still part of the team, Donnie is hoping he will get bored with retirement so you never know.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the intrest in Sarunas Jasikevicius and now the hints of renewed intrest in Jalen Rose , clearly show Larry and Donnie are not thru tweaking this team.

If Saras is signed , AJ WILL be moved. Its only fair to AJ that if Saras is brought in with guarantee of playing time that you deal AJ.

If Jalen Rose , somehow reappears in Pacer blue and gold its for his versitility. We know Jalen is a sf/sg , who still dreams of being Magic Johnson. If brought in Jalen is insurance at the point against injury to Tinsley and ineffective play of AJ or Saras whichever is here. Jalen is also another hedge again Ron screwing up. Plus backup to Stephen at the sg , still not sold Freddy will be here.

As for why haven't we heard of Jasikevicius before , the article points out Saras was a wreckless pg in the past. But he showed in the Athen's Olympics and over the last 3 years as pg of 2 different Euro Champion teams , he's matured into a solid point guard.

I'd love to see Jasikevicius end up here , but edge still appears to be with the Cavs.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    I think the intrest in Sarunas Jasikevicius and now the hints of renewed intrest in Jalen Rose , clearly show Larry and Donnie are not thru tweaking this team.

If Jalen Rose , somehow reappears in Pacer blue and gold its for his versitility. We know Jalen is a sf/sg , who still dreams of being Magic Johnson. If brought in Jalen is insurance at the point against injury to Tinsley and ineffective play of AJ or Saras whichever is here. Jalen is also another hedge again Ron screwing up. Plus backup to Stephen at the sg , still not sold Freddy will be here.

I'd love to see Jasikevicius end up here , but edge still appears to be with the Cavs.
    If JR somehow reappears here you'll know that somehow....someway Isaiah Thomas has gotten his revenge.

But I agree with the Cavs having the edge. Or, is that more misdirection on LB/DW's part? Perhaps they want the Cavs to focus their money elsewhere so they can sneak in and grab someone like Antonio Daniels.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..