Thread: From ESPN Mrak Stein.....Coaches

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default From ESPN Mrak Stein.....Coaches

SNIP!!
    ---------------------------------

Now?

Now he has a massive salary and low expectations, because the Blazers are totally starting over. It won't be McMillan's fault if these guys need a season or two to return to playoff contention.

If there are questions, frankly, Paul Allen still has to answer them. It was his call to make an astronomical commitment to a coach who's still somewhat unproven. I gave McMillan my Coach of the Year vote this season, which was an undeniably amazing season given where Seattle was forecasted to finish, but I'm still not ready to call him a $7 million coach. Or a $6 million coach.

That's Zen Master territory. Larry Brown's level. That's where Gregg Popovich and Rick Carlisle should be.

Nate's not there yet after one 50-win season and winning one playoff series.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree....Rick is one of the elite coaches in our league. He has proven that over the last 3 years and this year just adds an exclamation point to what he has done.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

foretaz

Default Re: From ESPN Mrak Stein.....Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SNIP!!
    ---------------------------------

Now?

Now he has a massive salary and low expectations, because the Blazers are totally starting over. It won't be McMillan's fault if these guys need a season or two to return to playoff contention.

If there are questions, frankly, Paul Allen still has to answer them. It was his call to make an astronomical commitment to a coach who's still somewhat unproven. I gave McMillan my Coach of the Year vote this season, which was an undeniably amazing season given where Seattle was forecasted to finish, but I'm still not ready to call him a $7 million coach. Or a $6 million coach.

That's Zen Master territory. Larry Brown's level. That's where Gregg Popovich and Rick Carlisle should be.

Nate's not there yet after one 50-win season and winning one playoff series.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree....Rick is one of the elite coaches in our league. He has proven that over the last 3 years and this year just adds an exclamation point to what he has done.
    maybe carlisle should hire stein as his agent....