Thread: Wow-- Crazy Read on Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Wow-- Crazy Read on Larry Brown

Wow is right. He sure talks like he knows whats going to happen, but we'll see.

The quote from Billups', if true,.....wow.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know, it really is just the same stuff he has pulled in every one of his stops. Don't forget, this is the guy that asked the Spurs to fire him during the season.

Larry is like the sexy girl with the horrible personality. You can't resist the temptation, but you you are happy when it is finally over.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Granville
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is like the sexy girl with the horrible personality. You can't resist the temptation, but you you are happy when it is finally over.
    HAHAHA!!!

Seriously - that's awesome. Nicely done...and so true.

there is no proof for anything that the writer has written. While Larry should not have been talking to the Cavs during the playoffs, who knows what this writer has against Larry or if the writer is just trying to get more hits to his webpage.

Shocking, you mean the Pacers aren't the only good team to have a little internal turmoil. I am shocked. I thought all good teams except the Pacers had perfect internal workings

foretaz

i think this article is unbelievably accurate....

larry and his agent have been posturing....since the first cleveland rumor came out....

at this point, larry would probably prefer to sit back and retire for a year or so and deal with his health issue.....having a nice fat check from detroit coming in and him appearing to some to have saved face would make it all the more sweeter....

larry is a smart man....and we should all know by now.....very conniving, devious and manipulative....

Question: If they have to buy out LB's contract to get him to leave, can they just keep him on the payroll and hire a different coach? (Preventing LB from working for another team?)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    Question: If they have to buy out LB's contract to get him to leave, can they just keep him on the payroll and hire a different coach? (Preventing LB from working for another team?)

Re-assign him to "reserve" status.

Temporary Duty in the Mess Hall Larry...proceed immediately to XYZ and await orders.

(I have a friend that spent the entire Viet Nam war in the Phillipines awaiting his deployment orders)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

woman without a team

Well, I don't know whose side to take in this issue. For one thing I hate SI and don't believe anything they say. Secondly, I remember Brown going off on the media about what was being reported. He was pissed about unnamed sources. I don't blame him for that.

However, I do blame Larry for being a manipulative . IMO he needs to either **** or get off the pot. (Yes, there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not going there.) He was released from the Mayo Clinic days ago and he still can't give the Pistons an answer. If the Mayo Clinic can't figure out what's wrong then I'd say he's too sick to coach.

I do like the idea of re-assigning him to reserve status. The only way management would do it is if the players give back part of their salaries. Or they could add a tax to the tickets. I'm sure the Pistons fans wouldn't mind paying a few extra dollars to keep Larry away from another team.

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I do like the idea of re-assigning him to reserve status. The only way management would do it is if the players give back part of their salaries. Or they could add a tax to the tickets. I'm sure the Pistons fans wouldn't mind paying a few extra dollars to keep Larry away from another team.
    I don't think that would be necessary. It would cost the same as firing him, since they'd have to buy out his contract anyway. And contract buyouts happen all the time with NBA coaches; hell, we did it with Isiah when he got fired I believe.

I say hire a new head coach and make Larry sit on the end of the bench with Darko.

foretaz

i think detroits relunctance is this....if they buy him out....then hes free to coach the knicks....whereas as long as hes under contract if he were to go to the knicks, the knicks would be liable for compensation....and if im not mistaken i think detroit might even have had to compensate philly when they hired brown....maybe k-rat or one of the other pistons fans can validate that...i cant remember for sure.....

problem is zeke appears to not be in any hurry to hire a coach....waiting for the brown saga to take its course....

brown knows the pistons dont want him back....hes just too smart to quit....thats why all the posturing of late by him, his agent, and his wife....

but lets face it....they have a new home on long island....hes got a soft spot in his heart for the knicks and isiah....

this situation just screams of larry eventually going to the knicks....and theres not much dumars can do....kind of funny, u got dumars and zeke playing against each other on this one....and u gotta believe dumars will flinch first....hes got the better team right now and the natives will get restless....zeke has that whole team in such a mess, nooone really cares...
    i just dont see dumars, and especially davidson, calling larrys bluff for too long....sooner or later, if he keeps going forward with his intent to coach, but needs more time with his health, the pistons brass, is gonna say screw it...ur gone....

which is just what brown is wanting....chalk another one up for brown....

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan
    I don't think that would be necessary. It would cost the same as firing him, since they'd have to buy out his contract anyway. And contract buyouts happen all the time with NBA coaches; hell, we did it with Isiah when he got fired I believe.

I say hire a new head coach and make Larry sit on the end of the bench with Darko.
    When Isiah was fired I think he only had one year left on his contract and I doubt he was making 5 mil a year. As for Larry Brown, if I read the article correctly he still has 3 years and 15 million left on his contract. Who in their right mind signs Larry Brown to a contract that long?

Actually, IIRC Isiah made a hell of a lot of money for a new coach. I think it might have been about 5 million. Or at least 4.

Gamble

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    When Isiah was fired I think he only had one year left on his contract and I doubt he was making 5 mil a year. As for Larry Brown, if I read the article correctly he still has 3 years and 15 million left on his contract. Who in their right mind signs Larry Brown to a contract that long?
    I hate me some Larry.. If he can't carry on his job then he should quit
    and if he can then he should. Simple but this guy lives and dies on
    screwing people. If i was the owner i would force him to take
    his medical leave one way or another.. Larry is the KOBE of coaches.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    I hate me some Larry.. If he can't carry on his job then he should quit
    and if he can then he should. Simple but this guy lives and dies on
    screwing people. If i was the owner i would force him to take
    his medical leave one way or another.. Larry is the KOBE of coaches.
    Well, I don't think he can be the Kobe of coaches when Kobe has more rings. And then there's the fact that Kobe has only played for one team.

As much as I don't like Larry Brown I'd never call him Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Actually, IIRC Isiah made a hell of a lot of money for a new coach. I think it might have been about 5 million. Or at least 4.
    It was 4.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Gamble

Obviously its apples to oranges but the fact of the matter is that he screws
    teams over in the long run. Sort of like Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    Obviously its apples to oranges but the fact of the matter is that he screws
    teams over in the long run. Sort of like Kobe.

The Pacers have been good in the long run after Larry Brown. The Pistons whould wait it out to and give Larry time to make sure he heals up and he is ready. It is a mediacl thing and it won't be sorted out in 2-3 days.

They would wait if Chauncy had a condition, why not for their coach. I d like Larry and did enjoy his coaching tenure with the Pacers. He motivated Reggie and the Davis boys to become the players they evolved into.