Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2017-2018

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a ****ing awful call. Now UVA scores a gift ****ing touchdown and it's a 14 point turnaround. That is ****ing criminal.
    Game was over and they give Virginia life for that ****ing ********. I mean cmon, that's one of the dumbest ****ing calls I can remember.

Usually I get over calls like that, but I'm still ****ing pissed about that one.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Game was over and they give Virginia life for that ****ing ********. I mean cmon, that's one of the dumbest ****ing calls I can remember.

Usually I get over calls like that, but I'm still ****ing pissed about that one.
    Turns out it won't have any effect on the outcome of this one, but it was still a terrible freaking call. Not to mention that guy is going to miss the first half of our game next week. Garbage.

Ramsey better be the starter going forward. Lagow is trash. Hopefully this staff doesn't need to see another 5 INT game from him to realize that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

No chance Ramsey isn't the starter now. Way too good of a game from him to not roll roll with him.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Ramsey better be the starter going forward. Lagow is trash. Hopefully this staff doesn't need to see another 5 INT game from him to realize that.
    Yeh, lagow is very replaceable.

So glad this coaching staff decided to blood Ramsey so early, even against OSU. Everyone knows Lagow was never going to be an/the answer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

We really need to take advantage of the light competition the next two weeks and not have a patented IU football ******** of the bed. Penn State and Michigan up after that. First three B1G games all against current top 10 teams. Such is life in the best division in college football.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Low key MVP of this game has been special teams. Oakes with two long field goals, nice punt returns, good coverage on kick returns. Makes a big difference.
    Tom Allen coached special teams for three years at Ole Miss so it is no surprise we are solid in that area.

We really need to take advantage of the light competition the next two weeks and not have a patented IU football ******** of the bed. Penn State and Michigan up after that. First three B1G games all against current top 10 teams. Such is life in the best division in college football.
    Plus Maryland, Michigan State and Purdue look improved so there really are no gimme wins except Rutgers and maybe Illinois in conference. We need to steal one against Michigan or Wisconsin.

Allen just said Lagow is going to remain the starter. Whatever. It's IU football. I learned awhile back not to get too worked up about it anymore.

Allen just said Lagow is going to remain the starter. Whatever. It's IU football. I learned awhile back not to get too worked up about it anymore.
    Don't believe that. Guarantee you next week Ramsey starts.

I hope Allen is just doing this to keep Lagow's spirits up. As long as he is kept on a very short leash I can live with the decision.

Lagow might just end up being the token starter again.

I mean, I think it's obvious Allen doesn't really put a ton of stock in Lagow, or else Ramsey woulda never entered the OSU game. But I'm not pretending Ramsey is a savior either. This team will mostly have to win on defense, special teams and WR play this year. I'm OK with that. Tom Allen is doing a helluva job coaching up units that used to be laughing stocks.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

If Lagow came out because he was injured, that would be one thing, but he was taken out because he was ****ing awful. I just don't see how you go back to that when the guy who replaced him was 16/20 and accounted for three touchdowns.

Low key MVP of this game has been special teams. Oakes with two long field goals, nice punt returns, good coverage on kick returns. Makes a big difference.
    After years of watching the Colts, it's nice to see good defense and special teams. Harris redeemed himself with that punt return TD after calling for a fair catch on the 2 yard line earlier in the game.

Sports Logo

Bucket game might actually be fun this year not just because of the rivalry but because both teams might actually be pretty competent and we can see an actual good football game

Had to turn off at halftime. Given the questionable targeting call, there's a decent chance we hold them to 10 points. Makes me feel a little better about the D. Special teams looking good is great to see, of course. Offense, though. Looks like it's going to be a struggle.

This was a game we should have won, so no complaints. Still, the Cavs look like a team that's going to absolutely suck again this season. So, we'll see when the comp gets real (or when - heaven forbid - we pull a non-conference choke special).
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Had to turn off at halftime. Given the questionable targeting call, there's a decent chance we hold them to 10 points. Makes me feel a little better about the D. Special teams looking good is great to see, of course. Offense, though. Looks like it's going to be a struggle.

This was a game we should have won, so no complaints. Still, the Cavs look like a team that's going to absolutely suck again this season. So, we'll see when the comp gets real (or when - heaven forbid - we pull a non-conference choke special).
    I'll give them a little more credit for beating UVA. No, I don't think thee Hoos are especially good, but on the road against a Power Five team is always going to be a pretty decent win for IU, especially in a game we pretty much dominated.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    He's a guy that the players will respect and want to play hard for.
    Hmm... I wonder where I've heard that before....

BTW, I can tell you that your impression of Coach Allen is dead-on correct. Just give him time.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Bucket game might actually be fun this year not just because of the rivalry but because both teams might actually be pretty competent and we can see an actual good football game
    Do Purdue fans think they have a realistic shot @ 6 wins?

Cobbs, Hale and Thomas are freaking ridiculous. All of those dudes should play on Sunday.

Defense is really good and very disciplined.

I'm fine with Lagow remaining the "starter".

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Do Purdue fans think they have a realistic shot @ 6 wins?
    a shot? Sure. Don't think it's likely though.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sports Logo

See this dakich/diamont Twitter beef? Neither looks great but dakich is like 55 man

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Cobbs, Hale and Thomas are freaking ridiculous. All of those dudes should play on Sunday.

Defense is really good and very disciplined.

I'm fine with Lagow remaining the "starter".
    Cobbs/Hale is probably the best WR duo in the Big Ten. I mean both are 6'4 and are usually gonna make the catch if you just toss it up there. Toss in Thomas and it's just unfair (That was one of my biggest gripes with Wilson, how the hell did you not use him? Guy is a match-up nightmare).

Defensively we absolutely shut down Virginia's run game which was good to see since we struggled with that as the game went on vs OSU. Really don't understand why Virginia tried picking on Fant so much, don't know if it was by design or what, but it didn't work and I don't know why you'd even attempt it. Guy's the best cover corner I can remember in my entire life of being an IU fan that we've had.

I like Ellison a lot too as a freshmen RB, I think he'll be a good one. Showed good vision and power in the Virginia game. Looks like he's our only RB capable of running the ball with some effectiveness. Majette seems to be more of a receiving back.
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 09-10-2017 at 11:58 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post: