Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonzi Wells: You can have him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bonzi Wells: You can have him.

http://www.thestarpress.com/articles...-3018-006.html

Wells, a shooting guard, has told confidants he wants to play for Indiana or Detroit next season. (Pistons president Joe Dumars has said he isn't interested in Wells.)
    Obviously, Wells has strong ties to both JO and Sheed.......

Wells should come home to Indiana. He'd be much happier there.

I'll even throw in a 2nd round pick. Just keep him away from us, please.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: Bonzi Wells: You can have him.

If Donnie and Larry want to improve this teams behavior and want them to get more mature, signing Bonzi Wells would not help them get that done.Man I hope we dont sign him.

foretaz

no thanks....the pistons are the team that needs another wing player....we just added another one in the draft...we got more than enuff....

besides...he fits in better with the pistons....sheed, after all, was his mentor....

this is great....odds are getting better all the time....bonzi or jalen to the pistons.....should be a very entertaining year....now if they would just forgive LB and let him come back to that circus next year, it could be so fun....

Does he drink milk?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no thanks....the pistons are the team that needs another wing player....we just added another one in the draft...we got more than enuff....

besides...he fits in better with the pistons....sheed, after all, was his mentor....

this is great....odds are getting better all the time....bonzi or jalen to the pistons.....should be a very entertaining year....now if they would just forgive LB and let him come back to that circus next year, it could be so fun....
    Every circus needs a clown... maybe Rodman would consider 'unretiring' and return to Detroit?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    If Donnie and Larry want to improve this teams behavior and want them to get more mature, signing Bonzi Wells would not help them get that done.Man I hope we dont sign him.
    you know...as much as i think bonzi is a cancer....id almost take him and the one year i believe he would have left on his contract if they would take austin in return....

that being said.....it aint gonna happen....memphis is trying to cut payroll....

and thank god...bonzi is a truly talented player....just a shame he had to be brought up by sheed....

Nope, Bonzi is the kind of guy that can get himself suspended for the playoffs. I want no part of him.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    Does he drink milk?

-Bball

if he does, its definitely not whole milk....lowfat 2% or something

you know...as much as i think bonzi is a cancer....id almost take him and the one year i believe he would have left on his contract if they would take austin in return....

that being said.....it aint gonna happen....memphis is trying to cut payroll....

and thank god...bonzi is a truly talented player....just a shame he had to be brought up by sheed....
    Yeah, cause Bonzi was such a choir boy before he came to the Blazers.....

Maybe if poor Rasheed hadn't been influenced by Jermaine O'Neal, this series of events would have never happened....

Bonzi is a quality player,if we were able to give up croshere for him i would take that in a heartbeat. He would be a great role player in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by dagrubbs
    Bonzi is a quality player,if we were able to give up croshere for him i would take that in a heartbeat. He would be a great role player in Indiana.
    I was getting ready to say the exact same thing, I might even give up next years #1 if I was sure we were going to win 60 games just to get rid of that extra year on Cro's overpaid contract.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

FYI, the Pistons don't have enough useless salary to trade for Bonzi, even if they wanted to. Bonzi would have to be let go, then beg Joe D to sign him for the minimum.

At least that way, we could release Wells in case problems arose, similiar to what the Lakers did with JR Rider.

I'd take Bonzi if and ONLY if we could get send him packing at any sign of trouble.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Yeah, cause Bonzi was such a choir boy before he came to the Blazers.....

Maybe if poor Rasheed hadn't been influenced by Jermaine O'Neal, this series of events would have never happened....
    now ur being silly.....and u know it....

i lived in portland when bonzi was drafted....thought it was kinda cool....bonzi was like a deer in headlights....and sheed took him under his wing....they soon called him sheed jr...

and the rest is history....sheed and his behavior problems soon became inculcated in his protege....thats why bonzis career has mirrored sheeds in so many ways, mostly the behavioral issues....

jo took on the personality of brian grant much more than sheed....and its not hard to see how that has played out as well....

now ur being silly.....and u know it....

i lived in portland when bonzi was drafted....thought it was kinda cool....bonzi was like a deer in headlights....and sheed took him under his wing....they soon called him sheed jr...

and the rest is history....sheed and his behavior problems soon became inculcated in his protege....thats why bonzis career has mirrored sheeds in so many ways, mostly the behavioral issues....

jo took on the personality of brian grant much more than sheed....and its not hard to see how that has played out as well....
    You're right. I'm being every bit as silly as you blaming Bonzi's problems on Rasheed Wallace. Go back to Bonzi's ball st career. He was arguably a WORSE problem in college than he was in the pros.

JO took on the personality of Brian Grant? Uh, what? Did Brian ever lead the NBA in technicals?

foretaz

u know...i can truly see bonzi being a piston next year...i really can....i mean the arrogance of that front office will almost dictate that it happens....they did it with sheed...why couldnt they do it with bonzi? he fills a need...hes a great talent....and they can will his problems right out the door with their strong lockerroom....its a nobrainer if ur dumars....plus the fans will love him....

book it....bonzi is gonna be a piston...now its just a matter of how...

PacerNthaDesert

Sorry to interupt Arguement # 152 between foretaz and Kstat but Bonzi hasn't been "that" bad as far as attitudes go. He was in a tough situation down in Memphis and we don't really know the details of it so its tough to judge him. When Bonzi is happy he is a fine NBA player and I think who ever can steal him next will get themselves a fine contributor.

u know...i can truly see bonzi being a piston next year...i really can....i mean the arrogance of that front office will almost dictate that it happens....they did it with sheed...why couldnt they do it with bonzi? he fills a need...hes a great talent....and they can will his problems right out the door with their strong lockerroom....its a nobrainer if ur dumars....plus the fans will love him....
    Here we go again......

At this point I'll take the more obvious bait and respond with a retort, and you will come back with the "how dare you insult me" response, and then tell me that I'm being paranoid, and you're not taking cheap shots at me, and I'm just mad because you don't worship the Pistons, and that I need to take my holier-than-thou attitude elsewhere, because what you posted was perfectly innocent.

There. I just saved you a whole page of childish banter. Now drop it.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Here we go again......

At this point I'll take the more obvious bait and respond with a retort, and you will come back with the "how dare you insult me" response, and then tell me that I'm being paranoid, and you're not taking cheap shots at me, and I'm just mad because you don't worship the Pistons, and that I need to take my holier-than-thou attitude elsewhere, because what you posted was perfectly innocent.

There. I just saved you a whole page of childish banter. Now drop it.
    naaa...im not interested in ur mundane banters....the sooner u understand i could give a crap about baiting u the better off u will be....u give urself way too much credit, its never about u....but thats where that arrogance comes in...u always think its about u....

frankly, im growing bored with u....ur responses are the same every time...its like programmed....

ull ignore the facts....misdirect...and then laugh....blah, blah, blah...

this is just another example....i say how i can truly see bonzi being a piston and why....

and u think its all about u....seriously....get a clue...

Bonzi only has one year left on his contract, so if he wants another contract he needs to be a good citizen and team player. It is why I think he would be a good player next season. If he screws it up just waive him and take the loss.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    Bonzi only has one year left on his contract, so if he wants another contract he needs to be a good citizen and team player. It is why I think he would be a good player next season. If he screws it up just waive him and take the loss.
    yea....i tend to agree....if ever he is gonna have a decent year as far as behavior goes....it might be this upcoming one...that being said....i still would be leary of him, despite his talent....i just couldnt see giving anything else but croshere in a trade for him.....maybe bender....but that would be it....otherwise, hes too big of a gamble....memphis probably would be interested in pollard, but i dont even think i would do that...

that being said....i still think he ends up being a piston....we have plenty of wing players now....if jj would happen to bolt, then it might make a bit more sense....but if we sign saras i dont think it happens either....saras will get some back up minutes at the 2...frankly we just dont have room for him on the roster, without making some other moves...

positively no interest in bonzi. i read about him in the book "out of bounds"
    he is not what we need. we don't need anymore of the difficult players.
    i want bonzi about as much as i'd like to see us re-sighn bender when his contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by aceace
    I was getting ready to say the exact same thing, I might even give up next years #1 if I was sure we were going to win 60 games just to get rid of that extra year on Cro's overpaid contract.
    For Bonzi Wells? BAH HUMBUG ON THAT!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Lezzee....they split up Wells and Sheed, and Sheed becomes a choirboy and wins a ring. HHHmmmmm. I say let's reunite the two in D-town AND throw JRose into the mix too.

I'd feel a whole lot more better then.

If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/...E03-232478.htm

Q: Are the Pistons interested in trading for Bonzi Wells?

A: No. Dumars laughed when that rumor was brought to his attention. He has not had discussions with the Grizzlies about acquiring Wells.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    yea....and i bet he wouldve said the exact same thing a month or 2 prior to trading for sheed...

what do u expect him to say??? yea we want bonzi?