Thread: McMillan To Portland

Default McMillan To Portland

espn.com is reporting a deal is done.

sucks to be ray allen. gonna be tough to resign radmanovic, daniels, and james without a coach.

foretaz

Default Re: McMillan To Portland

2 million more a year....tough to turn that down....think about if a competitor of ur employer offers to pay u 50% more....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be honest, I'm shocked. I thought when Ray Allen re-signed that meant he knew Nate was staying. Does anybody think they may be going after Rudy T? Who else could they want?

i would be concerned if i were ray. mcmillan is a COY candidate and it's tough to resign guys when you don't have a coach ....seattle has a ton of key guys that are FA right now.

foretaz

ummm...maybe even scarier is the fact allen hasnt signed anything yet...

Well if they aren't going to be able to re-sign guys, I want Reggie Evans. Is there any way we can get him?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

has ray not signed yet? i thought he did, but maybe he just agreed in principal.

Banned

I also am shocked by this. There must be some hard or hurt feelings between McMillan and Seattle ownership. To jump ship after about 20 years, and to go to their arch rival is really a stab in the heart to the Sonics.

Along with the wheel-barrow full of cash that Paul Allen is giving him, Coach Mac must recognize the young talent and roster flexibility that Portland is starting to accumulate.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hard to turn down that kinda $$$, but McMillan won't be competing for a title in Portland anytime soon.

portland is gonna be a lot better in a few years. they have a lot of young talent. outlaw, telefair, and pryzbella (sp) really turned it up at the end of last year. randolph is good for 20 and 10, miles is improving, webster & jack are solid picks.

i expect them to unload ratliff for some ending contracts and a young player or pick.

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    has ray not signed yet? i thought he did, but maybe he just agreed in principal.
    all they have done is agreed....nothing is signed until july 22nd....its not impossible that ray has a change of heart....

the sonics left nate hanging....very few coaches finish out their contract before receiving an extension...noone likes to be a lame duck head coach....im sure that left a bit of a bad taste in nates mouth....then u have another team come in that is very close to home-his son probably wont have to move til he finishes h.s.-and that team pays u substantially more money....well....u go from one situation where u might not feel very wanted and appreciated to a situation that is just the opposite, and well....hes gone now...

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cannot sign until July 22...

foretaz

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Hard to turn down that kinda $$$, but McMillan won't be competing for a title in Portland anytime soon.
    he wasnt gonna compete for a title in seattle....

hes got a better chance to win a title in portland....hes got an owner that will spend to win...portland has no money issues....the same can not be said for seattle...they have major arena issues as well as revenue issues....

foretaz

portland is gonna be a lot better in a few years. they have a lot of young talent. outlaw, telefair, and pryzbella (sp) really turned it up at the end of last year. randolph is good for 20 and 10, miles is improving, webster & jack are solid picks.

i expect them to unload ratliff for some ending contracts and a young player or pick.
    yea maybe we are gonna trade them aj, granger and croshere for ratliff and jack....