Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zach Randolph Arrested

Default Re: Zach Randolph Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just like when prohibition was repealed. Come on ...........
    I understand what you are saying so do we legalize everything? What drugs are we going to allow? I am asking?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Time to per in a cup Mr. Randolph." -Adam Silver

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I understand what you are saying so do we legalize everything? What drugs are we going to allow? I am asking?
    I'd just legalize weed and have states tax the hell out of it. I think it would cut down on a lot of organized crime and overall keep people out of prison.

With the abuse of drugs sweeping our country I have doubts many will be laughing.
    The biggest problem is legal prescription opioids.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Uncle Sam should not be there to tell me what is healthy, ethical, or a good choice for me personally. If it is not harming anyone else, it should be legal. Bottom line.

I've been through rehab twice so I'm pretty familiar with addicts and addiction. What we need is education, awareness, and the removal of the stigmas surrounding mental health and addiction. Throwing people in jail is not a solution to anything.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Mood

All federal drug laws (like MOST other federal laws since at least 1937) are unconstitutional. We obey them out of habit and respect, and because none of them have pissed us off enough to reduce the government back in it's legitimate footprint.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    Uncle Sam should not be there to tell me what is healthy, ethical, or a good choice for me personally. If it is not harming anyone else, it should be legal. Bottom line.

I've been through rehab twice so I'm pretty familiar with addicts and addiction. What we need is education, awareness, and the removal of the stigmas surrounding mental health and addiction. Throwing people in jail is not a solution to anything.
    Sell it all, taxed as high as they possibly can, and let the idiots mix whatever they want. Evolution will run its course faster. "Hey Cletus-Jim, try some meth/coke/pill cocktails with me!"
    Spoiler Spoiler:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Didn't he get the community assist award? Assisting the community with some dank *** weed.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    There's more info out there now saying that it was in a backpack that he had in his possession.

Dumb. To quote the great Chris Carter - "Always have a fall guy."
    Welp...That's going to be a tough case to beat. Dummy. I would have heaved that bag into someone's yard, and played stupid.

Geez, he could have quietly laid it on the ground and walked away. Maybe I'm thinking there was more chaos than there really was.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/08/16/...ger-the-party/

Rasheed Wallace says Zach Randolph isn’t a drug dealer: ‘The bigger the paycheck, the bigger the party’

Kings big man Zach Randolph is charged with possessing marijuana with intent to sell, a felony – not because law enforcement has evidence Randolph planned to sell the drug, but because of the amount of the drug found.

Randolph’s agent/attorney denied the allegations.

Also sticking up for Randolph? Rasheed Wallace, who played with Randolph on the Trail Blazers.

Wallace, via TMZ:

“It seems to be — no matter who you are — the bigger the paycheck, the bigger the party,” Sheed says.

“I know for a fact he ain’t no dope dealer.”

Charging someone for intending to distributing drugs without any proof he intends to distribute drugs is hazardously lazy. Randolph – who has earned about $175 million in his career and is on a two-year, $24 million contract with Sacramento – can afford more marijuana than most. That doesn’t mean he plans to sell it.

The stakes are high for Randolph. If he’s convicted of “a felony involving the distribution of marijuana,” per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, he’d be banned from the NBA for at least two years.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    For the record, I don't think there's a single person who watches basketball thinks he's a drug dealer.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone who has that amount and isn't dealing is an even bigger moron than the one who gets busted with that amount and who is dealing.

I have a hard time believing anyone is dumb enough to risk Federal felony laws to be a good guy to strangers. And it would have to be strangers, not just friends, unless he's rolls with 200+ people.

And usually property gets seized when someone gets busted with half that amount. They can take his money, his cars, his house and auction it all.

Calling it moronic, to take that risk and not get anything but a reputation of a nice guy, just isn't a strong enough word.

But then again if he's not even smart enough to make sure he wouldn't be the one taking the hit....
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Maybe. I am more concerned about how people are turning to drugs as a coping mechanism
    for whatever is the issue.
    I'm more concerned with the fact that weed is actually considered a "drug". Its ridiculous and part of the problem. It keeps getting classified alongside crack, meth and heroine which is even more ridiculous. Coffee is more harmful than weed.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to timid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Anyone who has that amount and isn't dealing is an even bigger moron than the one who gets busted with that amount and who is dealing.

I have a hard time believing anyone is dumb enough to risk Federal felony laws to be a good guy to strangers. And it would have to be strangers, not just friends, unless he's rolls with 200+ people.

And usually property gets seized when someone gets busted with half that amount. They can take his money, his cars, his house and auction it all.

Calling it moronic, to take that risk and not get anything but a reputation of a nice guy, just isn't a strong enough word.

But then again if he's not even smart enough to make sure he wouldn't be the one taking the hit....
    It doesn't take nearly 200 people to go through a couple pounds. It's an absurd amount to have on you in public, but it's not That much.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:

Hold on a minute.... Is it technically intent to sell, or intent to distribute?

Point being, if it's intent to sell then I could see Rasheed's argument.... But if the law really is about distribution and $$$ are irrelevant then Rasheed's comments don't help. They just make it seem even more likely the rich guy brought plenty of weed to share. And share is another word for distribute as far as the law would be concerned. It all depends on how the law is written and whether $$ actually matter.

People who smoke pot seem to forget it's still illegal. Yes, that is slowly changing (laws changing). And plenty of people, smokers or not, look the other way. It seems more look the other way everyday. But when and where it's still illegal, it's still illegal. No other way to say it. Peers might look the other way. Maybe even a random police officer would look the other way if someone isn't flaunting it. But that's a risk and it's guaranteed more police will make the bust than not. Let alone look to find something to make the bust.

It doesn't matter how much people think it shouldn't be illegal or should be classified differently, because as long as it's illegal, it's illegal.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    It doesn't take nearly 200 people to go through a couple pounds. It's an absurd amount to have on you in public, but it's not That much.
    Lol okay. An ounce is 28g. That's 20+ blunts. Times that by 32 to get two pounds. It's a LOT of marijuana. If he bought **** weed, and I'm sure it's more expensive in CA, you're looking at $3200. Sure, that's not a lot for an NBA player money wise but most people when they buy are buying less than an ounce. Which is why anything over an ounce is usually deemed intent to distribute.

When marijuana is sold by factions of ounces, and he has multiple pounds, it's pretty clear.

We have prisons filled with people busted for less than that, serving years. It's a lot.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    I'm more concerned with the fact that weed is actually considered a "drug". Its ridiculous and part of the problem. It keeps getting classified alongside crack, meth and heroine which is even more ridiculous. Coffee is more harmful than weed.
    A relative in law enforcement tells me the big issue keeping "government" against weed is our inability to easily and reliably test a blood level that renders a driver dangerous on the roadways. I've seen people who can operate seemingly fine, but I remember (many years ago) driving a few blocks on the wrong side of the yellow line, on a road I was very familiar with. Cops could have pulled me over, but as I was dry they'd have a more difficult time hanging a DUI on me. Many (more) thousands of nonchalant stoners on the freeways is a legit hazard.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

An ounce is 28g. That's 20+ blunts.
    Maybe 20+ joints, but you can effectively put a 1/8 in a Garcia Vega.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    Many (more) thousands of nonchalant stoners on the freeways is a legit hazard.
    I don't think that countries that have legalized marijuana have faced this issue.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I don't think that countries that have legalized marijuana have faced this issue.
    It can't be worse than texters.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Well... I have always been anti-drugs... doesn't fit my lifestyle, etc at all (yeah, I know my countries reputation...lol).

Anyway, yeah marijuana isn't nearly on the same level as "hard" drugs like say Cocaine, crystal meth, etc.

OTOH in here the amount of THC in marijuana has gone up significantly the past 20 years, making a joint much stronger/potent as it used to be which still doesn't put it on the same level as the other aforementioned drugs, but does make it more damaging, especially for young people and people stucturally using it day-in, day-out.

Now I don't know if this ''trend'' here has also been going on in The States, but let's just say I don't believe it's as innocent as some of the proponents claim it to be, but that's just me.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Well... it doesn't help, let's put it that way. OTOH I don't think it's nearly as reckless as driving when drinking or doing ''harder'' drugs and then driving...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Well... I have always been anti-drugs... doesn't fit my lifestyle, etc at all (yeah, I know my countries reputation...lol).

Anyway, yeah marijuana isn't nearly on the same level as "hard" drugs like say Cocaine, crystal meth, etc.
    Unfortunately our govt treats it as worse, or at the minimum as bad. It's a schedule I drug, which is the highest schedule in terms of enforcement.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Lol okay. An ounce is 28g. That's 20+ blunts. Times that by 32 to get two pounds. It's a LOT of marijuana. If he bought **** weed, and I'm sure it's more expensive in CA, you're looking at $3200. Sure, that's not a lot for an NBA player money wise but most people when they buy are buying less than an ounce. Which is why anything over an ounce is usually deemed intent to distribute.

When marijuana is sold by factions of ounces, and he has multiple pounds, it's pretty clear.

We have prisons filled with people busted for less than that, serving years. It's a lot.
    Lol okay. Once again, if you read what I said, it's a ton to have on you in public. It doesn't take nearly 20+ blunts to go through an ounce. It should be somewhere around half of that and under for an average blunt that is intended to pass, and that doesn't factor in some people (usually with a lot of excess money) that like to blow an ounce for whatever reason. And weed is cheaper in Cali and Colorado than Indy in my experience, because a lot of the good stuff in Indiana comes from those places and prices are adjusted accordingly. Just saying, if you have a decent sized group of friends and you really got it like that, just sounds like a great time that ends with a serious nap. It's definitely excessive for my taste, but I could see a player providing for his friends, and maybe even saving some for after a few games.
    And I didn't argue anything about jail time, I know a crappy legal system when I see one. But with prop whatever passing, it sucks for him that it's still a felony. He should have waited until whenever it actually comes through (idk when that is, but is has to be soon).

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Well... it doesn't help, let's put it that way. OTOH I don't think it's nearly as reckless as driving when drinking or doing ''harder'' drugs and then driving...
    It certainly doesn't help but as you said driving while drunk is much more reckless and drinking is legal. Plus, driving while texting is even worse and it's unfortunately quite common.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: