Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zach Randolph Arrested

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Zach Randolph Arrested

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...on-intent-sell

Five police cars damaged. He's charged with possession with intent to sell. Ouch!

"The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department arrested Sacramento Kings forward Zach Randolph on a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to sell, according to police reports.

The arrest was part of a Wednesday night disturbance that resulted in damage to five Los Angeles Police Department vehicles and one sheriff's vehicle, according to ABC-7 in Los Angeles.

Police recovered two guns, impounded two vehicles and seized narcotics, Los Angeles Police Department Officer Liliana Preciado told The Associated Press.

According to the police report, Randolph was arrested at 11 p.m. PT, booked at 4:23 a.m. and released Thursday morning as bail was set at $20,000. His next court date is scheduled for Aug. 31, according to sheriff's department's online records.

Randolph's agent and attorney Raymond Brothers said Thursday that the charges are false and misleading and that they are looking at options to resolve the matter.

LAPD officials told ABC-7 that officers were on routine patrol when they encountered a group drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and playing loud music while blocking a street at the Nickerson Gardens project in Watts. The officers then tried to disperse the crowd, and the disturbance escalated.

Officers called for backup when the crowd grew and people began throwing bottles. Several police cars ended up with smashed windows and slashed tires.

Officers also arrested Stanley Walton, 43, on suspicion of carrying a gun as an ex-convict.

Randolph, 36, averaged 14.1 points and 8.2 points for the Memphis Grizzlies last season. The 6-foot-9 free agent signed a two-year, $24 million deal with the Kings in July.

He established himself as a fan favorite over the past eight seasons in Memphis, a city that embraced him for his rugged playing style and for overcoming a rough upbringing. The Grizzlies announced plans to retire Randolph's No. 50 in early July, after he signed with the Kings.

He played a critical role in the Grizzlies' seven straight playoff appearances and ranks first in franchise history in rebounds (5,612) and third behind Mike Conley and Marc Gasol in scoring (9,261 points).

Randolph, a two-time All-Star and 16-year NBA veteran, accepted a transition to a sixth-man role last season and excelled. His 20 double-doubles were the most by any bench player in the league.

While playing for the LA Clippers in 2009, Randolph was arrested for investigation of drunken driving in the Culver City area near west Los Angeles. The Clippers suspended him two games for the incident.

A friend of Randolph's faced a marijuana rap in 2010 after Indianapolis police found him driving Randolph's sport utility vehicle with a cooler containing marijuana in it. Randolph maintained he was not involved and he was never charged."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Last edited by solid; 08-10-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Default Re: Zach Randolph Arrested

From a quantity standpoint, he had enough weed on his person for the authorities to charge him with intent to sell. But in reality, he wasn't "dealing."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Mood

I'm sure that's true.
    Still that's a bad break for him.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

The sun rises in the east, sets in the west.
    Water is wet.
    Zebras and leopards never change their stripes or spots.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would an NBA player be chilling in the projects?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

meh, who cares...make it legal already damn...He shoulda went to play for the Nuggets, lol..

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would an NBA player be chilling in the projects?
    Well he's a Sacramento King now so I imagine he was just making friends in his new work location?

If all he wanted to do was get high as long as he's not behind the wheel I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Well he's a Sacramento King now so I imagine he was just making friends in his new work location?
    Sacramento is pretty far from Watts

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Sacramento is pretty far from Watts
    I know. It's still Cali though.

Quote Originally Posted by timid View Post
    meh, who cares...make it legal already damn...He shoulda went to play for the Nuggets, lol..
    While I completely agree with this, the weed was one of the insignificant things going on with the whole thing. SOMETHING was going to happen in that situation eventually. This might have been one of the better outcomes for all involved.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I agree as well. In Cali he can now possess just about an ounce legally, so it makes this whole thing very suspicious (ie, drum up some charges). I think the issue is where he was hanging out and who he was with. He's too old to be hanging in the street, parking and partying like he's 18. So like it always does things get rowdy, cops show up, and in this climate people get uptight and some are probably drunk/edgy. So confrontational, bottles thrown, this ramps up the cops and they pull out every charge they can lay on people.

Zach is famous so it makes news. His lawyer will plead some of this away probably because it really is a mountain out of a molehill. If pot were 100% legal the charge would have been a busted taillight or improper ID (ie, TN drivers license still) or whatever.

So a bit of a weird/bad choice and a lot of unnecessary enforcement IMO. PacerDude is right, better it goes this way than something actually ugly.

Honestly "weed" stories just make me laugh anymore. It's a dumb thing to be uptight about when people are throwing back too many whiskeys at concerts/games and driving home with a DUI already on their record. Sorry about the soapbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    While I completely agree with this, the weed was one of the insignificant things going on with the whole thing. SOMETHING was going to happen in that situation eventually. This might have been one of the better outcomes for all involved.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Default Zach Randolph Arrested

I like how a county can write a law that's says if you have too much of an illegal substance in your possession, you must wanting to distribute it. Backwards as hell thinking that has been around far too long.

I'd never smoke weed, but if somebody offered me a pot .... yeah I'd eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I like how a county can write a law that's says if you have too much of an illegal substance in your possession, you must wanting to distribute it. Backwards as hell thinking that has been around far too long.

I'd never smoke weed, but if somebody offered me a pot .... yeah I'd eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In 100 years our great grandchildren are going to be laughing at our drug laws.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I like how a county can write a law that's says if you have too much of an illegal substance in your possession, you must wanting to distribute it.
    Well, to be honest - 2 lbs of weed is A LOT OF WEED. It would take even the most dedicated toker a long time to burn thru all of that. A few ounces - yeah - that could be for personal use/consumption. 2 LBS ?? Eh - doubtful.

Sports Logo

Well, to be honest - 2 lbs of weed is A LOT OF WEED. It would take even the most dedicated toker a long time to burn thru all of that. A few ounces - yeah - that could be for personal use/consumption. 2 LBS ?? Eh - doubtful.
    That does not mean he was selling, he is a millionaire athlete probably bought enough for him and every friend he has.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post

With the abuse of drugs sweeping our country I have doubts many will be laughing.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    With the abuse of drugs sweeping our country I have doubts many will be laughing.
    Not to go too off-topic, but one could argue the illegality of marijuana is a major contributor to the opioid epidemic. A lot of people get hooked after they are prescribed painkillers after surgery etc. If we were able to prescribe a natural, non-addictive substance to deal with the pain instead of the synthetic, addictive opioids, would we be better off? I think so.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ZepZach For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    That does not mean he was selling, he is a millionaire athlete probably bought enough for him and every friend he has.
    That was kinda where my mind went.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Sports Logo

Read the article...

Dumb question. What was he doing to get caught and arrested? You would think he would have gotten rid of the weed as soon as the police showed up and especially after everyone started wilding out.

Sounds like he being charged, because there's probably vehicle in his name that had the weed.

Remember when we could have gotten 1-2 solid players and a possible Top 3 draft pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by trading away Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I agree with you. They will never understand why we legalized weed across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    .......... because there's probably vehicle in his name that had the weed.
    There's more info out there now saying that it was in a backpack that he had in his possession.

Dumb. To quote the great Chris Carter - "Always have a fall guy."

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    They will never understand why we legalized weed across the country.
    Just like when prohibition was repealed. Come on ...........

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

There's more info out there now saying that it was in a backpack that he had in his possession.

Dumb. To quote the great Chris Carter - "Always have a fall guy."
    basically. dude was having a block party and brought supplies and for some dumb reason apparently the millionaire famous guy decided to keep a brick on his person.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZepZach View Post
    Not to go too off-topic, but one could argue the illegality of marijuana is a major contributor to the opioid epidemic. A lot of people get hooked after they are prescribed painkillers after surgery etc. If we were able to prescribe a natural, non-addictive substance to deal with the pain instead of the synthetic, addictive opioids, would we be better off? I think so.
    Maybe. I am more concerned about how people are turning to drugs as a coping mechanism
    for whatever is the issue.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-