Thread: Minnesota forums on Kevin Garnett being traded,

Default Minnesota forums on Kevin Garnett being traded,

With hardly anything going on here on the forum I've been checking out other teams forums. Mostly it's hardcore fans that frequent teams forums. As a group they pretty much know their teams strengths and weakness's. I was checking to see what Minnesota fans thought of trading KG. I found an interesting observation here, http://online.startribune.com/forum/...1&&start=12520

--------------------------
    Dean Pierce wrote

I wish we could count on KG stepping up and being the clutch player that Sam is but it doesn't seem to be his strength. Steph on a good team might allow Steph to take a Nash -like step forward but it really depends on how KG would be with it.

---------------------------

It occurred to me that maybe that's the main reason Minnesota has never went anywhere in the playoffs. KG just plays at a high level all the time and doesn't have much to give in the clutch. There are players like that.

----------------------------
    Matt Lang

KG is probably more clutch when he's got other good players to help him so he's not exausted by the end of the game from doing everything.

-----------------------------

Another forum had these posts. http://mb3.scout.com/fminnesotatimbe...art=21&stop=21

lambeaufieldmob

Reply Re: Garnett trade?

I think you guys are going from one extreme to another. He would not be traded for a bunch of potential, young talent and scrubs unless Mitch Kupchak were GM.

However he is not untouchable. Only players I see KG traded for are...........

Tim Duncan (Spurs would be stupid to do it)
    Lebron James

Maybe these guys

Dirk Nowitski
    Amare Stoudamire
    Jermaine Oneal

I would like to include TMAC or Kobe, but I dont think Minny would make that move.

JBoog

I can't see Garnett going anywhere, unless Garnett goes to a team for a first pick, the other teams two or three of their best players, and additional picks. The difference between Shaq and KG is, Shaq wanted to be traded, KG doesn't. Therefore, the price for him is much higher.

Example. Portland: gives up this years first round pick, Randolph, and two others (Telfaire, Shareef, D Miles, D Anderson, Stoudamire, Van Exel, Travis Outlaw, Theo Ratliff) And a future first rounder.

Boston would have to give up Pierce, Ricky Davis, Al Jefferson, one of the three young guards, probably Banks, and their pick.

Kneega

Hey guys...has there ever been any rumor that KG asked for a trade?
    ----------------------------

trademaster
    Re: Garnett trade?

yeah go to the Lakers board .

------------------------------

Another forum had these posts, http://www.basketballboards.net/foru...d.php?t=165994
    --------------------------------

oblivion
    BasketballBoards 6th Man
    Re: KG Trade talks?

keep wally (unless it can bring us kidd)
    keep KG, with his salary, it is hard enough to come up with good trades.
    dallas- nowitzki, harris
    indiana-artest,jackson,foster or o'neal,tinsley
    clippers-Brand, livingston
    lakers-kobe, butler
    sac-miller,peja

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jamel Irief

Bunch of Laker fans are all over the internet claiming they have sources that the Lakers and Wolves are talking a KG trade. There's several threads on the Laker board and personally I think it's BS but I'm asking if you guys have heard anything.

kaniffmn
    BasketballBoards 6th Man

To answer your question...there really isn't any talk of trading Garnett in Minnesota. If there is, it's from folks out of town stirring up crap.

---------------------------

So, after having been to a lot of Minnesota forums it appears the Laker forums are where the rumors of an KG trade are originating from. If you remember back before the draft the Laker boards were rumoring Bender was going to the Lakers for the 17th pick and a couple players.

Thumbs down on any rumors coming from LA.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Minnesota forums on Kevin Garnett being traded,

Good Find Will...or is it Inspector Clouseau?

Nice job fingering the Laker "fans" as the rumor sources.

Wake me when September arrives (don't wanna oversleep me birfday)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Boston would have to give up Pierce, Ricky Davis, Al Jefferson, one of the three young guards, probably Banks, and their pick.
    Good to see some fans at other boards are also in a dream world when it comes to trades.

Ron, Jax, Tinsley, and Foster for Garnett? On the one hand, you've got to be kidding. But on the other, imagine JO and Garnett on the same team!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron, Jax, Tinsley, and Foster for Garnett? On the one hand, you've got to be kidding. But on the other, imagine JO and Garnett on the same team!
    That would be some serious slow ball.

SjA3837

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Hmm... my initial reaction to that was, "noo way" but now that I think about it... imagine our frontcourt.. and if Granger is all that is talked about. We would still have guys like Freddy, JJ and Dale (if resigned), Bender . We could then look at the Sara guy and see what he could do with the starting role.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would agree with your initial reaction of nooo way. I say leave the team as is for now (other then signing Saras if possible) and if we don't win a title next year, or get close, make a trade like this.

JAMoore

"Jackson, Artest, Oneal OR Foster, Tinsley"

I had to laugh at this also if Oneal was included in this proprosed trade, that would be 4 starters for 1. Their fans are worse than some of the one's on here proposing trades. Garnett's good, but not worth 4 starters.

Also, those proposed trades all had the other teams giving up 2 starters for Garnett, while the one with us had 4 starters. Talk about disrespecting our Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMoore
    "Jackson, Artest, Oneal OR Foster, Tinsley"

I had to laugh at this also if Oneal was included in this proprosed trade, that would be 4 starters for 1. Their fans are worse than some of the one's on here proposing trades. Garnett's good, but not worth 4 starters.

Also, those proposed trades all had the other teams giving up 2 starters for Garnett, while the one with us had 4 starters. Talk about disrespecting our Pacers.
    I think that the proposal is (trade #1) Jackson, Artest, and Foster - OR - (trade #2) O'Neal & Tinsley.
    "If I have the ball, I will shoot it, you have to believe that," - Stephen Jackson

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PHC Fan
    I think that the proposal is (trade #1) Jackson, Artest, and Foster - OR - (trade #2) O'Neal & Tinsley.
    I like Ron, but I would do trade #1 and never look back.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I like Ron, but I would do trade #1 and never look back.
    Yep. For Garnett? Hell yeah. Wolves would never EVER do it, though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

PG : Saras / AJ
    SG : Fred
    SF : Granger / JJ
    PF : Garnett / DD
    C : JO / Hulk

…I don’t know what to make of that…it leaves our backcourt pretty light but damn,that front court is insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire
    PG : Saras / AJ
    SG : Fred
    SF : Granger / JJ
    PF : Garnett / DD
    C : JO / Hulk

…I don’t know what to make of that…it leaves our backcourt pretty light but damn,that front court is insanity.
    i wouldn't like that lineup at all. jermaine is not a full time center.he and garnett are pretty simaler in build and where they play on the court. you would have 2 star pf's, a rookie point guard, an undersized starting sg, and a rookie sf.
    not much depth and no chemistry.