Thread: Another insane court case

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Another insane court case

I just wish a judge would just say "Lady, you're just stupid as hell. Now get out of the courtroom."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050705/D8B578DG0.html

Russian Astrologer Sues NASA Over Comet
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#cbcbcd><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Email this Story

Jul 5, 7:51 AM (ET)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=210 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE borderColor=#cbcbcd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=150 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>(AP) In this photo released by NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory/University of Maryland, the Tempel 1 comet...
    Full Image
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><STYLE>p {margin:12px 0px 0px 0px;}</STYLE>

MOSCOW (AP) - NASA's mission that sent a space probe smashing into a comet raised more than cosmic dust - it also brought a lawsuit from a Russian astrologer.

Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday "ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe," the newspaper Izvestia reported Tuesday. A Moscow court has postponed hearings on the case until late July, the paper said.

The probe's comet crash sent up a cloud of debris that scientists hope to examine to learn how the solar system was formed.

Bai is seeking damages totaling 8.7 billion rubles ($300 million) - the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost - for her "moral sufferings," Izvestia said, citing her lawyer Alexander Molokhov. She earlier told the paper that the experiment would "deform her horoscope."

NASA representatives in Russia could not immediately be reached for comment. Scientists say the crash did not significantly alter the comet's orbit around the sun and said the experiment does not pose any danger to Earth.
    <!-- Subject: Russia Comet Case -->
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Default Re: Another insane court case

Wow...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

So I guess that now when my horoscope is wrong I can blame the Deep Impact probe? Great! Now there is yet another entity I can blame all of my problems for instead of myself. Yippee!!

Wait... This could explain why one of my fish mysteriously died last night! Damned Deep Impact probe!!!

Mood

Wrong forum.