Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

  1. #1
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...=2100641&num=2

    Marc Stein:

    I'm told Maccabi Tel-Aviv point guard Sarunas Jasikevicius, whose teams have won the past three Euroleague championships, wants a three-year deal to finally leap to the NBA … for $5 million annually. The 29-year-old, in other words, wants the full mid-level exception. The Cavs, though, are hoping Jasikevicius would accept less to play alongside countryman and close pal Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Cleveland's A-scenario remains signing Redd, re-signing Ilgauskas and then adding a third free agent from the Jasikevicius-Antonio Daniels tier. Don't forget that new Cavs general manager Danny Ferry was working in San Antonio when the Spurs tried in vain to sign Jasikevicius two summers ago.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Why doesn't this article mention the Pacers?

  3. #3
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Is this guy really worth this, considering we have a more than servicable backup in AJ?
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  4. #4

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Cause we are now out of his price range?

  5. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this guy really worth this, considering we have a more than servicable backup in AJ?
    I don't think he is. But, tell that to all the AJ haters.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #6
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    well lets see...his price has supposedly now gone from 10 million for 3 years to 15 million for 3 years....hmmmm....

    thats not good for the pacers...at all....

    for someone whos never played an nba game yet, it appears theyve almost managed to create such a buzz about him that there is gonna be a significant bidding war....

    guess we do nothing, but sit back and enjoy the show....and prepare ourselves for the possibility that it just might not be in the cards for him to become a pacer......no matter how much we want him....

  7. #7
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Damn it.

  8. #8
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    you know...at the risk of sounding a bit too optimistic....there is another possible explanation....

    we dont know who told stein this....

    it very well couldve been a team that saras has zero interest in playing for , so when this team made an inquiry they were told he wanted the whole MLE....

    if the kings or even dallas came calling....i could see his agent telling them that he wanted the full MLE, just to end the discussions...

  9. #9
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    **** him, 5 million a year for a guy who never played a minute in the NBA. I rather have AJ and sign maybe Keith McLeod from the Jazz or Jay Williams for like a mil a year.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Time to just wait and see. Sounds as usual like an agent floating some trial ballons. By the way this guy has the same rep. as Scot Pollard.

  11. #11
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,083

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Time to just wait and see. Sounds as usual like an agent floating some trial ballons. By the way this guy has the same rep. as Scot Pollard.

    Rep?

    Reputation or representative?

  12. #12
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rep?

    Reputation or representative?
    I think he means representative. That or Sarunas has a quirky sense of humor.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  13. #13
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    well maybe since they have the same agent, and pollard gets paid about 6 million to suck, then he thinks sarunas is certainly worthy of 5....

  14. #14
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by foretaz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well maybe since they have the same agent, and pollard gets paid about 6 million to suck, then he thinks sarunas is certainly worthy of 5....
    How do you say, "Yeah, but I get paid alot to suck" in Lithuanian.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rep?

    Reputation or representative?
    That's right he's a bad mother.....r, shut your mouth, shaft.

    Yes DDave is correct I'm talking about the Octagon Sports group (think of the movie Jerry Maguire).

  16. #16
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,083

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he means representative. That or Sarunas has a quirky sense of humor.

    I figured that, but didnt want to assume. (When you assume you only make an *** out of U and ME).

    Plus I wasn't for sure if Pollard had some other reputation I didn't know about.

  17. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    We have to pay it for this guy, just don't sign DD and JJ and we can do it.

    Sorry, I'm in a really sarcastic mood today

  18. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    This guy isn't some hot-shot kid out of europe. He's definately earned that kind of a contract with his performance in Europe and the Olympics. He's proven plenty against quality competition.

    Now, is he worth that kind of money? TIme will tell. But he's in the prime of his career, so he's certainly earned the right to ask for it.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #19
    foretaz
    Guest

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have to pay it for this guy, just don't sign DD and JJ and we can do it.

    Sorry, I'm in a really sarcastic mood today
    actually jj wouldnt really be an issue...and i dont see dale signing for the vet min. but if he did, then he wouldnt be an issue either....should get interesting....i still have a feeling he ends up with us-though im not really sure why....in the end i think its between us and cleveland, with an outside chance to another team if Z signs somewhere else....that team being Z's new team...

  20. #20
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,264
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Marc Stein is the one reporting this story, how "reliable" is he with his stories?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  21. #21
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,066

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    The only thing that offended me was that the only reason you gave was that he was from a different background. A professional human being can get along with any co-worker, no matter how different. Basketball is basketball. Everybody plays the same game.

    I'm not going to raise hell over it, but if someone didn't point out that it was a prejudice comment, what good would come of it? All I'm saying is, if you think one player won't mix with his co-workers, please find a better reason than his upbringing.

    No, I don't think you intentionally tried to offend anyone. I did go a little off the edge, and I'll try to be more subtle about it next time.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. #22
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    If we can get this guy for MLE we have to do it. If not thats too much for us. It's not like with AJ/Tins we're hurting for a PG. Well until Tins gets hurt, lets all cross our fingers.

    From what I hear this guy likes to run. Doesn't sound like a good fit for the Pacers off the bat. I have limited knowledge of this guy. Ya'll make him sound like our savior though.

    I doubt we will get him.

  23. #23
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,264
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt we will get him.


    AHA!! We've found our common ground.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  24. #24
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    I say give the MLE to him-if you say don't, watch the video again posted in a previoius post.

    Give Dale a 6-year contract at the Veterans minimum (he won't play 6 years and he can keep getting paid for his loyalty like Reggie is having done) and offer JJ the minimum-if he goes it is no big deal as he won't play much next year anyway, renounce/waive Croshere under the amnesty program, and win the whole damn thing next year.

    It's not my money so who cares. But, of course, you still have to get Dale to agree to that.

  25. #25
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Sarunas Jasikevicius wants the full MLE

    I agree with you BigMac. I think JJ will walk at the minimum, but even though he's a great guy, I'd rather have Granger at the back up 3. I'd also rather have Sarunas then him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •