Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: Oh look, another stupid hijacked thread rehash old topics.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    IgotaFeva
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Contender for what?
    We are not a true championship contender without Ron Artest but fortunately Ron Artest is a member of our team and we are a contender and a favorite for the NBA Title.

    Saying that, we are a better team than Detroit. They were already exposed by S.A. and next season we will be a clear and dominant team to the Pistons while Detroit won't get past the 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs.

  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by IgotaFeva
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saying that, we are a better team than Detroit.
    You trying to convince me or yourself?

    They were already exposed by S.A....
    Exposed as what? We were a missed three-pointer away from "exposing" the Spurs....

    and next season we will be a clear and dominant team to the Pistons while Detroit won't get past the 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs.


    I disagree. Next year the Pistons will go 82-0 and the Pacers will miss the playoffs by 10 games

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #3
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,244

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by IgotaFeva
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are not a true championship contender without Ron Artest but fortunately Ron Artest is a member of our team and we are a contender and a favorite for the NBA Title.

    Saying that, we are a better team than Detroit. They were already exposed by S.A. and next season we will be a clear and dominant team to the Pistons while Detroit won't get past the 2nd round of the NBA Playoffs.
    Detroit was minutes away from getting back-to-back titles, and as much as I dislike them, you can't argue with that.

  4. #4
    IgotaFeva
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Detroit was minutes away from getting back-to-back titles, and as much as I dislike them, you can't argue with that.
    I won't respond to the Piston homer to avoid a flame war but Detroit wasn't even the best team in the East, Miami was. Detroit got lucky Flash got injured.

    We showed on November 19 we were a better team than Detroit and would have been in the Finals. This season will be a fun and gratifying season to watch. Detroit's fluke runs are over.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by IgotaFeva
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't respond to the Piston homer to avoid a flame war but Detroit wasn't even the best team in the East, Miami was. Detroit got lucky Flash got injured.

    We showed on November 19 we were a better team than Detroit and would have been in the Finals. This season will be a fun and gratifying season to watch. Detroit's fluke runs are over.
    Read this column by the Sports Guy. Substitute Pacers for Steelers, throw in some basketball references, and you've essentially got the same situation. Even the title could be switched: It's the Pacers world, the Pistons just live - and win - in it.

    Editor's note: This column appears in the Sept. 16 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

    Anthony Pleasant, Kordell Stewart, Richard Seymour
    Over time, history will forget the many moments like this on the day when Kordell Stewart met the Patriots head-on.
    Years from now, Pittsburgh fans will call it, simply, "The Drive." And I was there. Section 322, Gillette Stadium. The night the Steelers would not be denied.

    Seeds of this drama were planted in January. The Patriots had stormed off Heinz Field with the AFC title, but the home team was not impressed. Fresh off two late interceptions, a resolute Kordell Stewart offered, "I still feel we're the better team." Even after the Pats toppled the Rams, the Steelers maintained their superiority. And rightly so. Didn't they have more talent? Steelers receiver Hines Ward summed up the team's feelings: "We basically went to the Super Bowl last year."

    The NFL must have nixed Bill Cowher's request to simulate this season's schedule on Madden 2003, because here were the mighty Steelers strutting into Foxboro for a season-opening rematch, a gridiron Roy Jones Jr. preparing to dismantle another mandatory cream puff. Safety Lee Flowers explained they were the AFC's "hunted" team, adding, "Ask the Patriots, they know it." Vegas certainly did, installing the visitors as three-point favorites. When the overmatched underdogs jumped ahead, their jittery fans braced for the real champs to retaliate.

    We watched with trepidation as Kordell strolled onto the field, cooler than the other side of the pillow, needing to orchestrate a 66-yard drive in 175 seconds. No sweat. Forget his four turnovers, or the three other heaves that were nearly picked off, or Madden quipping, "He looks nervous." None of that mattered anymore.

    Bill Cowher
    Genius is a term used to describe Steelers coach Bill Cowher as often as there's spittle on his magnificent chin.
    As the two-minute warning loomed, the superstar came alive: Three passes, three completions, 27 yards. Like Elway in Cleveland, Stewart was rising to the challenge, directing yet another chapter for NFL Films' inevitable DVD, "Kordell's Greatest Moments."

    Undaunted by two holding penalties and a second-and-30, the unflappable field general found Ward, then Amos Zereoue, on consecutive throws, finagling an improbable first down before the sage Cowher used a second timeout. Make no mistake: Stewart was slicing up Bill Belichick's vaunted D like Joan Rivers picking apart the necklines on that "Live from the Red Carpet" show on E! A remarkable one-handed grab by rookie sensation Antwaan Randle El put the Steelers 7 yards from glory. Thirty-nine ticks left. You could almost hear John Facenda's booming voiceover.

    Time to burn the last timeout -- and for coach and QB to work some magic. The reeling Patriots never imagined their foes would resort to trickery, but with so much on the line, Cowher was leaving nothing on the table. His call was a brilliant "Double Toss": Stewart pitched back to Randle El, who flipped it forward to Zereoue for 5 extra-desperately needed-yards. From there, it was all Kordell. A sweet fake spike froze defenders as he sprinted toward the end zone. Pushed out at the 1, but believing he'd crossed the plane, the fiery leader had to be separated from the officials. You think this guy isn't a competitor?

    Tom Brady
    Oh, and Tom Brady played pretty well on that Monday night, too.
    Four seconds. Now, the Patriots called time. How could this be happening? Belichick needed to catch his breath-and find an answer. Meanwhile, Stewart and Cowher discussed their options. But really, there was only one. As Gene Hackman told Keanu in "The Replacements," "Winners always want the ball when the game's on the line." Kordell cradled the snap and hurdled over center, careening off LB Tedy Bruschi, then stretching over the goal line ... Touchdown, Steelers! The cream of the AFC had laid the smack down.

    Final score: New England 30, Pittsburgh 14.

    Yes, the Patriots had prevailed -- convincingly -- again, but, years from now, only The Drive will endure. For 66 yards and 175 glorious seconds, the invincible Steelers could not be stopped, not by New England's finest second-stringers, not by a suffocating prevent D, not by the roar of the 3,000 Pats fans still in attendance.

    The road to the AFC championship still goes through the Steelers, a team destined to basically reach the Super Bowl for a second straight season. Some day, they may basically win one.

  6. #6
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read this column by the Sports Guy. Substitute Pacers for Steelers, throw in some basketball references, and you've essentially got the same situation. Even the title could be switched: It's the Pacers world, the Pistons just live - and win - in it.

    Editor's note: This column appears in the Sept. 16 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

    Anthony Pleasant, Kordell Stewart, Richard Seymour
    Over time, history will forget the many moments like this on the day when Kordell Stewart met the Patriots head-on.
    Years from now, Pittsburgh fans will call it, simply, "The Drive." And I was there. Section 322, Gillette Stadium. The night the Steelers would not be denied.

    Seeds of this drama were planted in January. The Patriots had stormed off Heinz Field with the AFC title, but the home team was not impressed. Fresh off two late interceptions, a resolute Kordell Stewart offered, "I still feel we're the better team." Even after the Pats toppled the Rams, the Steelers maintained their superiority. And rightly so. Didn't they have more talent? Steelers receiver Hines Ward summed up the team's feelings: "We basically went to the Super Bowl last year."

    The NFL must have nixed Bill Cowher's request to simulate this season's schedule on Madden 2003, because here were the mighty Steelers strutting into Foxboro for a season-opening rematch, a gridiron Roy Jones Jr. preparing to dismantle another mandatory cream puff. Safety Lee Flowers explained they were the AFC's "hunted" team, adding, "Ask the Patriots, they know it." Vegas certainly did, installing the visitors as three-point favorites. When the overmatched underdogs jumped ahead, their jittery fans braced for the real champs to retaliate.

    We watched with trepidation as Kordell strolled onto the field, cooler than the other side of the pillow, needing to orchestrate a 66-yard drive in 175 seconds. No sweat. Forget his four turnovers, or the three other heaves that were nearly picked off, or Madden quipping, "He looks nervous." None of that mattered anymore.

    Bill Cowher
    Genius is a term used to describe Steelers coach Bill Cowher as often as there's spittle on his magnificent chin.
    As the two-minute warning loomed, the superstar came alive: Three passes, three completions, 27 yards. Like Elway in Cleveland, Stewart was rising to the challenge, directing yet another chapter for NFL Films' inevitable DVD, "Kordell's Greatest Moments."

    Undaunted by two holding penalties and a second-and-30, the unflappable field general found Ward, then Amos Zereoue, on consecutive throws, finagling an improbable first down before the sage Cowher used a second timeout. Make no mistake: Stewart was slicing up Bill Belichick's vaunted D like Joan Rivers picking apart the necklines on that "Live from the Red Carpet" show on E! A remarkable one-handed grab by rookie sensation Antwaan Randle El put the Steelers 7 yards from glory. Thirty-nine ticks left. You could almost hear John Facenda's booming voiceover.

    Time to burn the last timeout -- and for coach and QB to work some magic. The reeling Patriots never imagined their foes would resort to trickery, but with so much on the line, Cowher was leaving nothing on the table. His call was a brilliant "Double Toss": Stewart pitched back to Randle El, who flipped it forward to Zereoue for 5 extra-desperately needed-yards. From there, it was all Kordell. A sweet fake spike froze defenders as he sprinted toward the end zone. Pushed out at the 1, but believing he'd crossed the plane, the fiery leader had to be separated from the officials. You think this guy isn't a competitor?

    Tom Brady
    Oh, and Tom Brady played pretty well on that Monday night, too.
    Four seconds. Now, the Patriots called time. How could this be happening? Belichick needed to catch his breath-and find an answer. Meanwhile, Stewart and Cowher discussed their options. But really, there was only one. As Gene Hackman told Keanu in "The Replacements," "Winners always want the ball when the game's on the line." Kordell cradled the snap and hurdled over center, careening off LB Tedy Bruschi, then stretching over the goal line ... Touchdown, Steelers! The cream of the AFC had laid the smack down.

    Final score: New England 30, Pittsburgh 14.

    Yes, the Patriots had prevailed -- convincingly -- again, but, years from now, only The Drive will endure. For 66 yards and 175 glorious seconds, the invincible Steelers could not be stopped, not by New England's finest second-stringers, not by a suffocating prevent D, not by the roar of the 3,000 Pats fans still in attendance.

    The road to the AFC championship still goes through the Steelers, a team destined to basically reach the Super Bowl for a second straight season. Some day, they may basically win one.
    As a Pacers AND Steelers fan, all I can say is, "".
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  7. #7
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,244

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    A PISTON HOMER?

    Are you crazy?

    They were lucky with the brawl and the injuries on opposite teams, but look, they took the Spurs to a 7-game serie.

    You can't blame the Pistons team (you can blame Ben Wallace though) for the brawl, only some of their fans and Stern.

    They won the ECF and that's the only way I know to determine who's the best in the conference.


    edit: and I'M NOT A PISTON

  8. #8
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by IgotaFeva
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I won't respond to the Piston homer to avoid a flame war but Detroit wasn't even the best team in the East, Miami was. Detroit got lucky Flash got injured.

    And i was going to comment: "yeah right. The Spurs were practiclly beging to play the Heat since Detroit matched up so well with them."

  9. #9
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Just wait till preseason in October. We'll show who the better team is.....

    The Hawks beat us a lot worse than Indiana did. If anyone is going to the finals based on how they played against the Pistons in November, it's the Hawks.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #10
    IgotaFeva
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wait till preseason in October. We'll show who the better team is.....

    The Hawks beat us a lot worse than Indiana did. If anyone is going to the finals based on how they played against the Pistons in November, it's the Hawks.
    You can't compare the two. On November 19 both teams brought their A game and indy wiped them on the floor. Billups was even wearing his championship ring. Those are two big rivals so it was a big game.

    For Atlanta, they wanted to beat the champs and Detroit didn't play hard.

    With Ron, Pacers are clearly the better team than Detroit. No more fluke runs because of injuries for Detroit. Those days are over and no more Stern to ruin the Pacers and award the Pistons.

  11. #11
    PCC87
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wait till preseason in October. We'll show who the better team is.....

    The Hawks beat us a lot worse than Indiana did. If anyone is going to the finals based on how they played against the Pistons in November, it's the Hawks.

    Preseason doesn't mean ****.The scrubs and rookies play.The main guys don't see that much time AT ALL.

  12. #12
    IgotaFeva
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by PCC87
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Preseason doesn't mean ****.The scrubs and rookies play.The main guys don't see that much time AT ALL.
    Thank you for that quote. I missed it. That was another quote of his to demeanize the Pacers for "not being that good" to the Pistons. Take away one key member for Detroit (let's say Ben Wallace) and let's see them even make the damn playoffs.

  13. #13
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    So, on your list of excuses why the Pacers lost to the Pistons in the playoffs, the Pacers themselves are what, #9 or #10 on your list?

    And how exactly did Ron play against the Pistons in hit last game that actually mattered, you know, since he's such a huge Piston-killer and all.....

    Nevermind, I just recalled he served us our lunch in November. Just like he did in the regular season of 2004....

    Hopefully for you, next year Ron will continue his dominance over the Pistons in games that don't mean much....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. #14
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    ** THREAD HIJACKING ALERT **

    ** The FA has been notified and they are on there way to investigate the current situations **

  15. #15
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Sassan, quit being such a sore loser.

    IndyToad
    Look out it is a dog

  16. #16
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sassan, quit being such a sore loser.

    IndyToad
    Look out it is a dog
    Oh, please tell me you're ****ting me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Is it really him? Does he ever give up?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  18. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it really him? Does he ever give up?
    Somehow I don't think Sassan's "improved" site is going as well as he bragged.....

    Far as this guy goes, it wouldn't surprise me either way. I guess we'll find out eventually. I'm not quite as sure this time around.

    He certainly seems to have a similiar attitude.

    I also missed the meeting where Suave and Kegboy became "Piston homers" . Nobody dislikes the Pistons more than Suave. He just isn't a complete **** about it.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #19
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,959

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also missed the meeting where Suave and Kegboy became "Piston homers" .
    Well, there was that time I took your side in an argument with UB a couple days ago. I still feel dirty about that.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I also missed the meeting where Suave and Kegboy became "Piston homers" . Nobody dislikes the Pistons more than Suave. He just isn't a complete **** about it.
    What do you mean, I the Pistons!


    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  21. #21
    IgotaFeva
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    It's funny the Piston homers gather around to support each other. That's all I have to say for that nonsense.

    For rest of the rhetoric I don't know what they are saying so I have no response.

  22. #22
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    I think the odds of this being Sassan has gone from 55% to 80%.

    Note to self: Everyone is a hater, except those who hate the Pistons. Then even though they hate, they are not haters, because the Pistons deserve the hate. But if you even have a small tinge of dislike for even the colors blue or gold, then you are a hating hater. Except that the hate deserving Pistons where blue too. [head explodes]
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  23. #23
    IgotaFeva
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the odds of this being Sassan has gone from 55% to 80%.

    Note to self: Everyone is a hater, except those who hate the Pistons. Then even though they hate, they are not haters, because the Pistons deserve the hate. But if you even have a small tinge of dislike for even the colors blue or gold, then you are a hating hater. Except that the hate deserving Pistons where blue too. [head explodes]
    Who the hell are you and what are you rambling about?

    IT is truly ironic how the Piston fans on here (KSTAT and Shags) think they are superior to everyone on here and can come on here and insult us Pacer forum members and insult our players while being homer themselves.

    I said, Miami was a better team than Detroit and that was clear before Dwayne Wade went hurt. KSTAT also comes here mocking our best player and bashing him (Ron Artest) in a "cute" and "subtle" way while not acknowledging the fact that we have a better team with Ron in the lineup. He continues to put blame on our players with a stupid quote in which he said "Ron served our lunch in November". What the hell is that supposed to mean? That does that mean he is to blame for everything that happened on that day and there was no fault with Ben Wallace or the Detroit fans? Then he compares us to the "Hawks" and does not acknowlege both teams brought their A games because of the rivalry (Chauncey had his ring on for the occasion) and Shags posts a stupid article trying to make Pacer fans and the Pacer team to look dumb....

    None of this is going to fly by Pacer fans on here.

  24. #24
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    The road to the AFC championship still goes through the Steelers, a team destined to basically reach the Super Bowl for a second straight season. Some day, they may basically win one.
    Um, they've won four.

  25. #25
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Celtics offer Jasikevicius a multi year deal

    This thread has certainly strayed from talking about Saras...

    At first I didn't understand how Sassan could have been so bad that you guys insisted on not bringing him back, he just seemed like a cool, die-hard Pacers fan.

    Was every thread like this? If so, I definitley see your point now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •