Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you feel it?

IgotaFeva

Default Re: Can you feel it?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a serious feeling that if we sign Saras, he is plan A. Tinsley goes to plan B or outta here. More likely outta here even though he is a base year player. If we sign Saras, Tinsley's days are numbered. If he lasts this year, he won't last another.

But we haven't signed Saras yet. So the point is moot, I guess.
    Are you serious or are joking ? Tinsley has shown to be an elite point guard in this league and no way does he get replaced by Saras. That is a ridiculous notion and it is pretty comical just like some of the other ones I
    have read. Do you people really want our team to win a championship? I have trade talks of every single one of our players and 90% of them are jokes.

I think we have 5 great players now all capable of scoring 30+: JO,RA,JAX,TINS,Granger on any given night. Granger may not get enough minutes but he will see some quality time. A local college basketball expert (former bookie) stated that when Granger played against Bogut he looked like 10X the player.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

IndianaMan

no, i hope you all go bankrupt BOO YA BIAAAA

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think all the roster comparison talk is a bit premature. Free Agency changes a LOT.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I have to say that I'm pretty excited about our chances next year. What makes me feel most confident is our coaching staff. Whoever we go into the season with will be prepared, confident and playing hard. They proved to me last year that they will play to their potential and even over achieve.

A championship will be thier only goal. We have the talent as assembled. The only tweek we need is to add another solid backup pg. You don't break this team up. It's got way too much potential to **** with. I say let's stay put and give this team a chance (Bender, Artest, and all). I'm willing to bet Bird and Walsh feel the same way.

Even if we fall short and don't get the trophy, I know it will be a great run and a lot of fun to watch, follow and root for this team... however assembled.... and that's what it's all about.

Talking Re: Can you feel it?

Quote Originally Posted by geetee
    I have to say that I'm pretty excited about our chances next year. What makes me feel most confident is our coaching staff. Whoever we go into the season with will be prepared, confident and playing hard. They proved to me last year that they will play to their potential and even over achieve.

A championship will be thier only goal. We have the talent as assembled. The only tweek we need is to add another solid backup pg. You don't break this team up. It's got way too much potential to **** with. I say let's stay put and give this team a chance (Bender, Artest, and all). I'm willing to bet Bird and Walsh feel the same way.

Even if we fall short and don't get the trophy, I know it will be a great run and a lot of fun to watch, follow and root for this team... however assembled.... and that's what it's all about.

Very well said. If Artest stays and keeps his head on straight, everybody is healthy and the rookie is worth 1/2 of what folks are claiming, we can beat anybody.
    IFFFFF Bender comes in healthy and takes the 6th man minutes, we'll dominate teams. (laugh now, you'll see)

Quote Originally Posted by efx
    If we are to put as much of our hopes on Grangers and Ron's shoulders I'll have to wait for two things to happen before I truly start to believe.

1, Granger will be as good as advertised. This is something we have to wait to see.
    2, Artest will not melt down in the playoffs like Hicks mentioned.

On paper the team is as good as any talent wise. But they need to prove it to me.
    I'm not gonna sit here in July and make any predictions.
    We were there WITHOUT Artest or Granger this year. If everyone was healthy we would have beaten Detroit. They are tweaks, not our main hopes.

Wink Re: Can you feel it?

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Well, I don't see why there should be chemistry problems.

(A) (R) (T) (E) (S) (T) - If you don't think it remains to be seen whether the players want anything to do with him........................
    I'd have to ask if you are REALLY Ron Burgandy!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    We were there WITHOUT Artest or Granger this year. If everyone was healthy we would have beaten Detroit. They are tweaks, not our main hopes.
    Artest a "tweak"???
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Do you think I care about making the playoffs? Is that the holy grail to you? This team has shown they're an automatic lock for the playoffs.

I bring up the ABA, the best years of this franchise to date, because they did something Reggie's teams and this team hasn't done: Won a title. Three. I want an NBA title. A first, second, or third round loss is old news to me. It brings you no rings. It's time to move further.

On paper it is. But you're completely ignoring the psychology here; the team chemistry. If you think it's healthy as of the last time we saw this team; you're in denial.
    Couldn't agree more. Playoffs through 1-2-3 to me are nothng, losing there doesn't get you a ring.

I want a damn ring. Not just 72 wins in the season and going to the Eastern Finals.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

(A) (R) (T) (E) (S) (T) - If you don't think it remains to be seen whether the players want anything to do with him........................
    I'd have to ask if you are REALLY Ron Burgandy!
    I guess you didn't read any of the articles about the entire Pacers organization being extremely supportive of him along with the players. It's not like Artest hasn't seen anyone since November 19th, 2004. Honestly, The guy may be a little crazy...But the only person wearing a pacers uniform he ever had trouble with was JO and thats because they are both stars..But even then it wasn't a big deal. It's not like Artest is gonna show up at practice and they are all gonna leave the courts and go to the locker room...Blah, So many anti-artest peope here its rediculous.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The guy may be a little crazy...
    So, I hear it's a little cold in siberia.......

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just slightly chilly.

oh yes I can feel it! *puts on feel it in the air by beanie siegel*....Oh yes sir...it will be our year and ron WILL BE our mvp...yes!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Artest a "tweak"???

As in: he's unreliable as anyone in the league, so if you are counting on him to make or break your team you are asking for what you've gotten.
    We have enough WITHOUT him to still challenge for the title, thus he becomes a tweak. And if he acts up again, he's gone, without it being a team buster.
    Get it?

Thumbs down Re: Can you feel it?

I guess you didn't read any of the articles about the entire Pacers organization being extremely supportive of him along with the players. It's not like Artest hasn't seen anyone since November 19th, 2004. Honestly, The guy may be a little crazy...But the only person wearing a pacers uniform he ever had trouble with was JO and thats because they are both stars..But even then it wasn't a big deal. It's not like Artest is gonna show up at practice and they are all gonna leave the courts and go to the locker room...Blah, So many anti-artest peope here its rediculous.
    Ok RON. Guess YOU didn't read Austin Croshere's remarks during the playoffs about Ron and him needing to prove something. NOT all supporting him.
    Guess you missed the discussions of the supposed fight with our franchise player Jermaine Oneal too.
    How's the newscast coming?

Ok RON. Guess YOU didn't read Austin Croshere's remarks during the playoffs about Ron and him needing to prove something. NOT all supporting him.
    Guess you missed the discussions of the supposed fight with our franchise player Jermaine Oneal too.
    How's the newscast coming?
    IFFFFF Bender comes in healthy and takes the 6th man minutes, we'll dominate teams. (laugh now, you'll see)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

As in: he's unreliable as anyone in the league, so if you are counting on him to make or break your team you are asking for what you've gotten.
    We have enough WITHOUT him to still challenge for the title, thus he becomes a tweak. And if he acts up again, he's gone, without it being a team buster.
    Get it?
    Oh, I get it, but I doubt you do. We really kicked Detroits *** in the playoffs this year, huh?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I know while I was watching the Pacers/Pistons game on Nov. 19th, before the brawl, I thought that this year was going to be our year. After the suspensions were handed out the chances of actually winning a championship diminished by a lot. I also truly think that even through everything that we went through, all the adversity, I would not change this year at all. Reggie went out with a bang and actually had people wanting to see more of him and we also got a good draft pick. When we picked granger and I read more about him, the more I am convinced that this next year will be our year.