Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you feel it?

Default Can you feel it?

Are you starting to feel that next season might just be our year? I know I am. I've just got this feeling that we're gunna be special next season. Maybe with our luck of getting Granger, or the possibility of Jasikavicius coming, or maybe the fact we have Ron back, I just have this vibe that we're gunna be fearsome next season. I've even got a bounce in my step everytime I think about it.

I don't know if it's just me, but everytime I think about it, I get excited in a way that it usually takes a woman to excite me in this way.

I hope this is normal and that everyone else is going thru this, because if not, then I may be needing some therapy.

GO PACERS!!!!!

Default Re: Can you feel it?

I'm real confident that next year is our year. And that our players will be holding up that NBA Championship trophy.

Well, we should just wait & see what happens.

Back in 2004 I thought (and I think many thought) that this year would be our year, look at what happenned...

I still hope we'll win

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, we should just wait & see what happens.

Back in 2004 I thought (and I think many thought) that this year would be our year, look at what happenned...
    And now this season, coming in, we're better than what we were last year.

sweabs

Isn't that the feeling every Pacer fan gets before the start of a new season?

Aren't we expected to feel that way before every season?

I refuse to admit that we are better without Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Isn't that the feeling every Pacer fan gets before the start of a new season?

Aren't we expected to feel that way before every season?
    You mean the feeling you get right before you have sex? Because I can't tell the difference.

canyoufeelit

What?

Mood

I can a little, but I need to see them not fall apart at the seems first to be convinced.

So while I'm excited about next year, and as it starts that will only grow, I'm going to be waiting for the floor to open up underneath this team, and hope I never see it happen.

The big problem here is our core 4 are all carry emotional baggage. It's up to them to either put it aside, or grow as individuals enough that they can function as a team for 82 games + 4 playoff series.

If they can do that, there's a 2nd line of defense against us winning anything significant: Health. JO and Tinsley both seem to find ways to get hurt each year. Ron's fingers become a mess by the end of the season, dropping his shooting % substantially. Jackson seems to be the exception to the rule.

The big X-factor is Granger. If he's as good as advertised, he could be this team's fail-safe. If Ron goes nuts, he steps in. If guys get injured, he carries more of the load. He gives the team more leeway to have problems. But only so much.

Another x-factor would be if we sign Saras. He could be in the same boat as Granger. If Tinsley goes down, we have a great plan B.

So when I look at this team at face-value, I get excited and optimistic. But when I dig a little deeper, I see that a lot has to happen in our favor for this thing to not fall apart. The drama will be seeing whether or not that happens.

If it does, we're looking at either 2004 part II, or even worse, 2005 part II.

If it doesn't, we may ascend to a level this franchise hasn't known since the ABA days.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Newton
    You mean the feeling you get right before you have sex? Because I can't tell the difference.
    Sounds like an issue that needs to be addressed...

THIS year could have been our year.
    But I agree. We will be HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    I can a little, but I need to see them not fall apart at the seems first to be convinced.

So while I'm excited about next year, and as it starts that will only grow, I'm going to be waiting for the floor to open up underneath this team, and hope I never see it happen.

The big problem here is our core 4 are all carry emotional baggage. It's up to them to either put it aside, or grow as individuals enough that they can function as a team for 82 games + 4 playoff series.

If they can do that, there's a 2nd line of defense against us winning anything significant: Health. JO and Tinsley both seem to find ways to get hurt each year. Ron's fingers become a mess by the end of the season, dropping his shooting % substantially. Jackson seems to be the exception to the rule.

The big X-factor is Granger. If he's as good as advertised, he could be this team's fail-safe. If Ron goes nuts, he steps in. If guys get injured, he carries more of the load. He gives the team more leeway to have problems. But only so much.

Another x-factor would be if we sign Saras. He could be in the same boat as Granger. If Tinsley goes down, we have a great plan B.

So when I look at this team at face-value, I get excited and optimistic. But when I dig a little deeper, I see that a lot has to happen in our favor for this thing to not fall apart. The drama will be seeing whether or not that happens.

If it doesn't, we may ascend to a level this franchise hasn't known since the ABA days.
    Oh honestly..Even if they don't work together as a team they are still guaranteed a spot in the playoffs..So enough with that ABA days BS.

Our team should be fine next season..This is the best our squad has ever been..I see no reason we don't win the championship besides injuries.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Sounds like an issue that needs to be addressed...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Oh honestly..Even if they don't work together as a team they are still guaranteed a spot in the playoffs..So enough with that ABA days BS.

Our team should be fine next season..This is the best our squad has ever been..I see no reason we don't win the championship besides injuries.
    Ehmm.... chemistry?

I won't feel anything until we win. I have felt more than my share for the Colts and Pacers, only to be disappointed. So I'll save hoping until we get close enough.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fig, I couldn't agree with you more.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Do you think I care about making the playoffs? Is that the holy grail to you? This team has shown they're an automatic lock for the playoffs.

I bring up the ABA, the best years of this franchise to date, because they did something Reggie's teams and this team hasn't done: Won a title. Three. I want an NBA title. A first, second, or third round loss is old news to me. It brings you no rings. It's time to move further.

On paper it is. But you're completely ignoring the psychology here; the team chemistry. If you think it's healthy as of the last time we saw this team; you're in denial.

Wink Re: Can you feel it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Ehmm.... chemistry?
    Totally foreign concept to some here. Don't you know that the team that amasses the most individual talent always wins?

If we are to put as much of our hopes on Grangers and Ron's shoulders I'll have to wait for two things to happen before I truly start to believe.

1, Granger will be as good as advertised. This is something we have to wait to see.
    2, Artest will not melt down in the playoffs like Hicks mentioned.

On paper the team is as good as any talent wise. But they need to prove it to me.
    I'm not gonna sit here in July and make any predictions.

Well, I don't see why there should be chemistry problems.

The return of Artest brings back a much better defender and shooter. The team is more likely to get along fine when they are torching teams 95-54...Which I think could actually happen next season.

I get the feeling this is our year..But thats just my intuition setting in.

If Reggie didn't feel that JO could lead this squad, I don't think he would have retired.

Great post Hicks, I feel the same way.

Ascend to ABA days level, oh man, we sure can dream.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

I have a serious feeling that if we sign Saras, he is plan A. Tinsley goes to plan B or outta here. More likely outta here even though he is a base year player. If we sign Saras, Tinsley's days are numbered. If he lasts this year, he won't last another.

But we haven't signed Saras yet. So the point is moot, I guess.

WIth all due respect ... but I think you are rating Saras much too high now. I could see him replacing Gill and possibly/probably AJ aswell, but Tins? I don't see that happenning.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    I have a serious feeling that if we sign Saras, he is plan A. Tinsley goes to plan B or outta here. More likely outta here even though he is a base year player. If we sign Saras, Tinsley's days are numbered. If he lasts this year, he won't last another.

But we haven't signed Saras yet. So the point is moot, I guess.
    I agree, that's a distinct possibility.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

JINX
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller