Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Thread: How about Artest to Hornets

  1. #1
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default How about Artest to Hornets

    Just looking at rumors in columns last few days. We are shopping Artest according to reports outside Indy , we are intrested in Jamal Magloire according to some.

    A trade that works capwise , but will probably be hated here is .

    PACERS trade Ron Artest , Jeff Foster and Scot Pollard to the Hornets

    HORNETS trade Jamal Magloire , P J Brown and a future #1 here

    Both Magloire and Brown have 2 years on their contracts. Both are solid big men in the paint on defense. The future #1 in say 2007 would still most likely be a high pick.

    Depending on what we do with Dale Davis , Brown could be moved in a 2nd trade. Big bodies who board and play defense always have value.

    Magloire , a bigger , more physical player than Foster moves into the starting line up along side Jermaine.

    P J Brown and / or Dale ,if we keep just one and David Harrison back up at the pf /c spots.

    Dealing Ron Artest would mean sf would have to be maned by Danny Granger , a resigned James Jones and Stephen Jackson.

    I know most Artest fans will say its a terrible trade. Expecially giving up Foster too . But if Artest is being moved I'm not sure what other young , all star level big man we can get.

    With Magloire and Brown having 2 year deals , means Harrison can be allowed to develop and after their deals are up , we'll know if David is the answer. With Magloire being only 27 , he's a good fit agewise too.

    This trade also works if you add Anthony Johnson and George Lynch. But a 7 player deal might be too large. Adding Lynch gives us a vet defensive sf. Trading Johnson clears a roster spot at guard for Jasikevicius.

    Just a thought.

  2. #2
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    all star level big man

  3. #3
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Done, Done, and Done. I'll buy them the plane tickets.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  4. #4
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    sure, reports -outside- of Indy...
    Artest isn't going anywhere just yet, Larry Bird has his heart set on giving him another chance.

  5. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    No. We are simply giving up too much.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #6
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Horrible trade, and you think starting a rookie at SF will get us to the championship? Why do people on here continue to make trades that make our team worse, what do you want us not to win.

  7. #7
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2004 EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS

    Head Coach: Rick Carlisle (Indiana)

    Player (Team) Pos. Ht. Wt. All-Star Selections

    *Allen Iverson (Philadelphia) G 6-0 165 5
    *Vince Carter (Toronto) F 6-6 225 5
    *Tracy McGrady (Orlando) G/F 6-8 210 4
    *Jermaine O’Neal (Indiana) C/F 6-11 242 3
    *Ben Wallace (Detroit) C 6-9 240 2
    Ron Artest (Indiana)** F 6-7 246 1
    Baron Davis (New Orleans) G 6-3 223 2
    Jason Kidd (New Jersey) G 6-4 212 7
    Jamaal Magloire (New Orleans)** C 6-11 259 1
    Kenyon Martin (New Jersey)** F 6-9 234 1
    Paul Pierce (Boston) G/F 6-6 230 3
    Michael Redd (Milwaukee)** G 6-6 215 1
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  8. #8
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Take a look at the Centers in the Eastern Conferance. Jeff Foster could have made that team if our team wasnt so deep.

  9. #9
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    We had the discussion about him being an "All-Star" earlier this week.

    Someone who gets there because there's no deserving candidates is hardly an all-star. He's that little boy that was on the All-star team during your local pee-wee league baseball diamond. Was on the team for the number factor, but just sat in a corner and played with his gum.

    He deserved to be on that team just as much as Edwards deserves to be on this Pacer team.

  10. #10
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Ah, back to the old Ron Artest battle.

    I look at this trade as getting rid of a head case, a broken down center, and career role player.

    And getting 2 very good big men which would solidy our front line as the best in the east.

    Others just see us losing Ron Ron.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  11. #11
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,666

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    I'll take Foster over Magloire anyday.

  12. #12
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take a look at the Centers in the Eastern Conferance. Jeff Foster could have made that team if our team wasnt so deep.
    If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  13. #13
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    For this team I would too tora, but all DD see's is us losing Ron and he doesnt care if it means we are taking a step back.

  14. #14
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had the discussion about him being an "All-Star" earlier this week.

    Someone who gets there because there's no deserving candidates is hardly an all-star. He's that little boy that was on the All-star team during your local pee-wee league baseball diamond. Was on the team for the number factor, but just sat in a corner and played with his gum.

    He deserved to be on that team just as much as Edwards deserves to be on this Pacer team.
    So this would be just like that time when Brad made the team only because there was no one else?
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  15. #15
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For this team I would too tora, but all DD see's is us losing Ron and he doesnt care if it means we are taking a step back.
    We lost Ron this season, and we still lost to the Pistons in 6 games. How is that taking a step back?
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  16. #16
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    We where in the Easter Conferance Finals with Ron, we lose him for a season and fall one step back. This team needs Ron or someone close to him if he is traded, not no damn Jamall Magliore. Good God watch some of his games and you will see he is not that damn good.

  17. #17
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll take Foster over Magloire anyday.
    I'm not even sure Jeff Foster would agree with that.

    I'm going to assume you'd take Foster of Dale as well, but you'd probably take Magloire over Dale, so what do you think Rick's reasoning was for starting Dale? And where does that put Foster in Rick's eyes?
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  18. #18
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So this would be just like that time when Brad made the team only because there was no one else?
    Miller even put up better numbers than Magloire did.

  19. #19
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We where in the Easter Conferance Finals with Ron, we lose him for a season and fall one step back. This team needs Ron or someone close to him if he is traded, not no damn Jamall Magliore. Good God watch some of his games and you will see he is not that damn good.
    Obviously you still think that I just look at NBA.com to watch basketball again. Maybe you should go back and look at my first response to you when you tried to say "I'd never watched more than two games" of Magloire.

    It doesn't matter where you lose to them at, it just matters that 2 years in a row (one with Ron, one without) we have lost to the same EC champs.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  20. #20
    Mjolnir Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Crawfordsville
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,175
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miller even put up better numbers than Magloire did.
    Yeah, but Magloire probably put up better numbers than Dale or Rik did.

    Being an All-star isn't all about gaudy numbers. Ask Jalen Rose, he scores around 20 every year. Will never be an all-star.
    House Name: Pacers

    House Sigil:



    House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

  21. #21
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not even sure Jeff Foster would agree with that.

    He averaged 13 and 11 in his "all-star" season.

    And Ajbry put it best:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajbry
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster's numbers [from this year], if given 34 minutes a game, such as Magloire did during his All-Star campaign: 9.1 PPG, 11.7 RPG.

    Also, consider that Magloire was always one of the top offensive options on the Hornets. It's not like they had anyone else, besides Baron Davis, when he was there.

    Nothing too lucrative about him.

  22. #22
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but Magloire probably put up better numbers than Dale or Rik did.

    Being an All-star isn't all about gaudy numbers. Ask Jalen Rose, he scores around 20 every year. Will never be an all-star.

    Because he plays a stacked position. Like it or not, numbers get you on the All-Star team. Numbers represent what you do. Brian Cardinal may never make an All-Star team, and he does everything for the Grizz.

    He didn't deserve to be there, end of story. I remember the calling for another PF instead of just handing out a position to someone that wasn't qualified to be there.


    EDIT: Because I haven't said it, I'll say it here. I, for one, love PJ Brown's game and wouldn't be opposed to seeing him play in Indy.

  23. #23
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,474

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miller even put up better numbers than Magloire did.


    You couldn't be more wrong.

    Brad Miller averaged 13.1 points, 8.3 rebounds, 0.6 blocks, and shot and shot 49.3% from the field in 73 games in his 2002-2003 allstar season with the Pacers.

    In his 2003-2004 allstar season Magloire averaged 13.6 points, 10.3 rebounds, 1 block, and shot 47.3% from the field in ALL 82 GAMES.

    Tell me how Miller's numbers were "better."

    In the future, please research your statistics before you make outrageous claims such as that.

    Your's or anyone's personal opinion about Jamal Magloire being an allstar means absolutely nothing. I could sit here all day and say he was the the most deserving person to make the team while you say he shouldn't have been there at all. Both opinions mean nothing. At the end of the day, he was an allstar. The fact that the coaches selected him means that he deserved to be there. Magloire played EVERY GAME in 2003-2004.

  24. #24
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    I'M looking at Magloire on the defensive end . He's a banger all you have to do is watch tapes of him man handling JO inside.

    This team needs that at 36 Dale is not able to do that fulltime. David Harrison is not ready. Magloire is only 27 , a solid player . He has an offensive game 13.8 ppg 10.3 rpg in 2003-04 when he was healthy. He also gives you over ablock per game. Let me know the first time Jeff averages a double /double for the season.

    As for sf , if Jasikevicius is signed - Stephen Jackson plays sf too.

    Stephen Jackson , Danny Granger and James Jones playing sf doesn't sound bad.

    P J Brown is Dale's age , he's short term but he's still putting up good numbers as a banging pf/c , here he'd be a back up. You could still sign Dale for depth.

    A pf/c lineup of O'Neal , Magloire, Brown , Harrison and perhaps Davis matches up well with both the Pistons and Heat.

    If we made this trade P J Brown , has trade value if you decide to keep Dale. You address sf position there if you feel Jackson , Granger , F.Jones , J.Jones, are not enough at sg/sf.

    While most think Ron is a lock to be here , I don't . Who knows if the Hornets would even be intrested in Ron with his past history? Adding Granger , in my way of thinking makes trading Artest a more likely occurance.

    Weither you feel Magloire is All Star quality or not , he is in the top 10 centers in the nba. Scoring 19 points and grabbing 8 rebounds in his all star appearance seems to show he has some talent.

    In the EAST the 6'11 260 Magloire is a big body that plays defense , boards and can score.

    Like I said in my inital post I figured it would be hated. But several past successful Pacers trades were hated at first.

  25. #25
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,965

    Default Re: How about Artest to Hornets

    No FREAKING WAYYYYYY!!! Not only do we give up the best player with the best contract we also give up an ending contract in Pollard which we definitely need given our salary momentarely. On top off all that we also give up our best rebounder, and I don't care if he's light or not Foster does get them.

    Now Magloire is definitely better than Foster, no doubt, and I don't mind trading for him and giving up quite some, but this is just too much.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •